Commander
# 21
01-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Turn rate isn't the worse thing about the Vesta, its the super weak hull, a Daciot almost has as much hull and its a commander rank ship. Compared to many Fleet ships its hull is tissue thin.
Captain
# 22
01-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
Wait, really? I can't imagine how you could be getting 10k mission average DPS out of this, especially with no points in Particle Generators, unless maybe it's with a pre-made team all running APB. I mean, with my build (http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=Secura04_2511) I also get CSV1 most of the time and have GW, 4 tac consoles, 2 Particle Gen consoles, and the Borg and Rom consoles, plus Iso and QFFC, and it's at 4.2k in elite or 4.8k in normal (resistances are lower in normal). You do have a 2% advantage on crit chance, but you're 40% short on damage from the GWs plus probably a lower power level. I guess you gain a fair bit with the turrets (245 vs 87 relative DPS) and the APO provides a 3.5% average DPS boost, plus more from running disruptors, but I still can't imagine it being that much difference.

There are also actually a few things you can improve on in your skill build. Remember that the last 3 points in any of the power skills aren't worth much, so you could probably save enough there to max Particle Generators without sacrificing anything noticeable. You can play around with the PowerCalc (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=155777) to see exactly where you want to be.
I forgot to add the doffs, when I get home or near to game, I will post them. but I gain 10% dmg against borg (and as I put out more dmg by default than you, its a greater bonus, its around 1k dps) with a doff, and exocomp gives 10% weapon dmg whenever weapons battery is active

also there is the difference of me. I play to maximize the dps output, so my bonus dmg is not that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
To the OP, that's an interesting Build. I've been considering getting the Vesta, but haven't actually done so yet. (Maybe the next time the ship goes on sale.)

What exactly do you mean you parsed your set up? It has something to do with the Combat Logs, right? I really need to learn how to do that. Heh.
I use advanced combat tracker with the latest plugin (2.0.1.1.), but i checked other combatlog parsers and plugins too (though it seems the best pet dmg is in the act 2.0.1.1. so I use that mainly
Career Officer
# 23
01-18-2013, 12:26 AM
i find it amusing on my vesta tank build, which is suerb...it is a variant of my Rocky balboa build. My shields dont drop but my hull is just taking a beating. The jevonite hardpoints are a godsend.

brings the hp up 12k
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Captain
# 24
01-18-2013, 03:46 AM
I might be missing something here, because a science guy (and a Vesta guy) I am not, but wouldn't it be better to have one of the batteries swapped with a shield battery? Those things can be lifesavers, especially if you get hit with a particularly nasty Target Shields attack or you get nailed with a phaser proc that takes your shields offline. I would imagine this would be particularly important since the Vesta doesn't exactly have a lot in the way of sturdiness without it.
Captain
# 25
01-18-2013, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
I might be missing something here, because a science guy (and a Vesta guy) I am not, but wouldn't it be better to have one of the batteries swapped with a shield battery? Those things can be lifesavers, especially if you get hit with a particularly nasty Target Shields attack or you get nailed with a phaser proc that takes your shields offline. I would imagine this would be particularly important since the Vesta doesn't exactly have a lot in the way of sturdiness without it.
well the aux battery could and should be changed to a red matter capacitor if possible.

the weapons battery is there for the 10% dmg bonus for 15 seconds, and the aux battery is there for the aux power when I need it
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-18-2013, 04:17 AM
I've been thinking of asking you about your char build, and generally, I see that I'm thinking in the right direction for my alt that I'm leveling at the moment (the Threat generation was the point of interest). Still, I'll tweak it here and there, he's gonna get a FAE as soon as he reaches level 50, after that I think I'm going to send him to help in the second fleet.

Honestly, I've no idea how you can get additional DPS with your build. Probably only with a Tac captain.
Career Officer
# 27
01-18-2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanailofhwbg View Post
Honestly, I've no idea how you can get additional DPS with your build. Probably only with a Tac captain.
See here
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 28
01-18-2013, 04:41 AM
Quote:
I've been thinking of asking you about your char build, and generally, I see that I'm thinking in the right direction for my alt that I'm leveling at the moment (the Threat generation was the point of interest). Still, I'll tweak it here and there, he's gonna get a FAE as soon as he reaches level 50, after that I think I'm going to send him to help in the second fleet.

elite fleet weapons, better tac consoles, better field gens, so I have less to worry about, more saurian boffs, just from the top of my head
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-18-2013, 05:04 AM
You know, that we're 5-6 months off from the elite weapons, right? As far as I know, the ENG section is left for the end.

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 01-18-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Captain
# 30
01-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Quote:
You know, that we're 5-6 months off from the elite weapons, right? As far as I know, the ENG section is left for the end.
well you might be that far from there, but we are just a few weeks away