Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
# 1 devs, nerf the escorts finally
01-18-2013, 04:34 AM
so, any news about nerfing full energy weap tac/escorts? or devs still dont play the game as sci or cruisers so they dont believe tac/esc are op? i dont get you, devs, it lies right before ones eyes.
i believe one day i will hit this enemy with vm+es+subnuke and he will not have enought dps to kill me.
to that day i can only post this threads to make attention.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 2
01-18-2013, 04:38 AM
There are many people flying science/cruiser vessels who can survive an attack by an escort. Escort dont' need nerfing.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
# 3
01-18-2013, 04:40 AM
I gues you never played mmo's before?
What is so bad about escorts? You have them on fed and klink side way. so in pvp it doenst realy mater.

for the rest i would say, you always have strong clases and weak. Look at other mmo's and you c its normal. There is a balance to it. You just have to have the right setup against it
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,068
# 4
01-18-2013, 04:53 AM
If you are complaining due to PvP, you may have just had the misfurtune of running into a premade group. They very skilled and coordinated their attacks. They have Sci captains to defuff you then the Tac swoop in for the kill. If you manage to suvive, there is usuall a second Tac to finish you off. If you are in a Cruiser, they will debuff you then focus fire on you. If you do manage to get to them, they have cruisers set up to specifically heal.

When I am in my cruiser I usually can survive a one on one assault from a escort but, once his buddies gets involved, I am toast. If I can't get my hull healed and shields back up before he is ready for his second run, I am toast. This is coming from a player that do not PvP very often. I may get my butt kicked in PvP but, at least I know why I am getting it kick and can recognize a good player and can appriciate an efficient group.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,514
# 5
01-18-2013, 05:10 AM
A build cannot surpass coordinated efforts of 2 or more properly spec'ed ships. On the other hand, if you cannot tank an escort for more than 5 seconds and still complain on the forums about it, this probably means you have too much pride to realize your own build is fail. This might consequently make you rage quit because of OP escorts, but I won't be sad about it cuz that's one less n00b I won't have to fight alongside in STF elite.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.

Last edited by deokkent; 01-18-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
# 6
01-18-2013, 05:41 AM
i quited one mmo after 3,5 years of playing already, because the classes i liked were bad and devs had been doing nothing with it. now i see the same here. all looks nice, but when i compare them, i see no reason this game to have 3 classes and ship types, tac/escorts have all aces.
pvp:
science is only a little bit annoying (resistances,skills doing nothing more than extend fight for 5 more sec), eng takes little longer to kill. but as captain of these two when you see an escort with alpha+omega, you know you are dead. there is a rule in arenas, team with more escorts win.
pve:
sci is good for gw, but some escorts can have it too.
eng dunno, it can tank nicely, but mobs mostly choose escorts anyway.

and escorts can manage to get same healing as others, with much more dmg dealing.

i don't like arguing about this, i have a tac/escort too as my second char, i see it is true. The idea of 3 chars, classes is nice, but tac/escort ftw.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 7
01-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaeply View Post
i quited one mmo after 3,5 years of playing already, because the classes i liked were bad and devs had been doing nothing with it. now i see the same here. all looks nice, but when i compare them, i see no reason this game to have 3 classes and ship types, tac/escorts have all aces.
pvp:
science is only a little bit annoying (resistances,skills doing nothing more than extend fight for 5 more sec), eng takes little longer to kill. but as captain of these two when you see an escort with alpha+omega, you know you are dead. there is a rule in arenas, team with more escorts win.
pve:
sci is good for gw, but some escorts can have it too.
eng dunno, it can tank nicely, but mobs mostly choose escorts anyway.

and escorts can manage to get same healing as others, with much more dmg dealing.

i don't like arguing about this, i have a tac/escort too as my second char, i see it is true. The idea of 3 chars, classes is nice, but tac/escort ftw.
You seem to be forgetting one thing... PvP in STO is a team game.

Escorts kick out a lot of damage, but are very squishy in exchange. Also, they don't get the same healing as other ships - cruisers have a lot more engineering abilities, and science ships have a lot more shield heals from science abilities. Escorts get more tactical abilities for extra damage. A well built escort will have decent healing abilities, but they are still nothing compared to what the other classes can do.

Science don't do as much damage, but they can strip buffs from an opponent, and have a lot of control abilities. They get shield heals, and a well built science ship can leave an opponent dead in space, with no power to anything. After that, a target is easy pickings.

Cruisers are tough, can take a pounding, and heal. They also get the highest number of weapons in the game. They get the most engineering abilities.

A group of 5 ships working together can rule in PvP, whether or not they have more escorts than the other team or not. Having said that, a well built team would have probably 2 escorts, plus 2 cruisers and a science.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 30
# 8
01-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
You seem to be forgetting one thing... PvP in STO is a team game.
..........................
i see you point. i met the things you are writing about, long time ago.
but it seems we have different experiences for nowadays.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
# 9
01-18-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaeply View Post
i see you point. i met the things you are writing about, long time ago.
but it seems we have different experiences for nowadays.
Besides, it doesn't really make much difference what you are flying these days... If you have a alockbox ship, regardless of class, you have an advantage.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,507
# 10
01-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaeply View Post
all looks nice, but when i compare them, i see no reason this game to have 3 classes and ship types, tac/escorts have all aces.
Not true at all really. There are many things my Cruisers and Science ships can do that my escorts cannot.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:52 AM.