Commander
20 Hour reputation projects are way too long. Time always drags when waiting for completion.
I would like to see the timer for this brought right down to just minutes to complete.
This will help progress in the game if ever it is implemented.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-18-2013, 07:22 AM
It used to be 40 hours.

So no, I don't think it's too slow, especially when you have other things to do for most of the day.
Career Officer
# 3 20 hour?
01-18-2013, 07:22 AM
Carefully what you wish for, they could just turn is back up to 40 hours!
Career Officer
# 4
01-18-2013, 07:30 AM
For reference: I'd have been happier if:

- They were 40 hour projects with the mark requirement removed.

- New Romulus dailies provided 100 rep each, directly, and had no cooldown.

Or, better:

- New Romulus dailies provided 100 rep each, directly, and had no cooldown.

- The space daily awarded 500 rep.

- Rep could be purchased for straight dilithium as an alternative.

- Tier upgrade projects took 7 days.

- At max Tier, the repeatables awarded 200 dilithium and a bag with a random Romulan item with a 1% chance at a Reman BO.

Something to keep in mind for further rep systems.

I'd rather have incentive to play than race against a set timer for some marks. I think they may have been overzealous with the marks idea. Direct rep for direct activity is a better system, IMHO.

I found I'd play New Romulus' space daily an hour a week and then never set foot on New Romulus except for new quests at tiers. Not because I didn't want to but because it was more convenient not to. I think players will feel compelled NOT to do things they like in the name of convenience.
Captain
# 5
01-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Cryptic's goal is to get you to play the game. 20 hours means you would have to wait a whole day. There is nothing wrong with that from their perspective because they are achieving their goal ... to get you to come back for more.

Progression still happens either way - time gates force you to come back

But only if you think it is worth it. If the project is worth something to you, then patience is a virtue and rest assured no one else will get ahead of you ... unless you don't play. And even then, eventually you will catch up to those who already have what you want
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 6
01-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
The whole point is to make it take several weeks to get to T5. Setting the CD to only minutes would defeat the whole idea.
Republic Veteran
# 7
01-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
20 Hour reputation projects are way too long. Time always drags when waiting for completion.
I would like to see the timer for this brought right down to just minutes to complete.
Input your stuff. Go outside and actually do something. Come back tomorrow.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-18-2013, 08:36 AM
There's a lot of other grind to do in the game, keeping the reputation system from swallowing entire days on end is a good thing. It does that plenty enough when you hit tier 5 and start dropping marks by the hundred.
Captain
# 9
01-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
keeping the reputation system from swallowing entire days on end is a good thing.
Why? It's not like you're actually spending that time waiting for the project to finish. You can be out earning more marks, Dil, omega marks, doing foundry missions, fleet events, ect...

So it's not like you can't do anything else while the project runs.
Captain
# 10
01-18-2013, 08:52 AM
My ideal fix is that Reputation projects were shortened to 15 hours, and everything awarded direct play just as Leviathan99 suggested.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.