Commander
# 1 Fleet Ships...
01-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Disappointed Sigh....but I will not put down my sword until we have justice!

2,000 C-points for 10% extra hull, shields, and a 10th console? C'mon! Give us a teeny bit more for our money!

How about adding some Universal Consoles?

Gotta recheck your statting guys. The Science Vessel Retrofit is a Luna class with less hull and shields. What's the point of it?

Suggestions (because yes, I'm not dropping this until its changed:

Hull: 27,500 (Fleet Version: 29,750)
Shields: 1.3 (Fleet Version: 1.43)

Boffs:
Cmdr. Sci
Lt. Cmdr. Sci
Ensign Sci

Lt. Tac

Lt. Eng

Fleet version replaced with:
Cmdr. Sci
Lt. Sci

Lt. Eng

Lieutenant Cmdr. Universal
Ensign Universal

And the Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit?

Hull: 28,000 (Fleet version: 30,800)
Shields: 1.3 (Fleet version: 1.43)

Boffs:
Cmdr. Sci
Lt. Cmdr. Sci
Ensign Sci.

Lt. Tact

Lt. Eng

(Fleet version):
Cmdr. Sci
Lieutenant Sci

Lt. Cmdr. Universal
Lieutenant Universal
Ensign Universal

I know that the Starbase tier system makes it hard to balance things, but there's no reason all these fleet ships shouldn't be on par with each other. Especially when they cost the same.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-18-2013, 08:04 AM
I think that all fleet ships should have at least one universal boff station, even if its just the ensign.

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Commander
# 3
01-18-2013, 09:29 AM
From what I have seen, the progression of ships are intended to be:

Standard (Dilithium) Ship -> Z-Store Version -> Fleet Version

The way the Devs see it, a person buying the Z-store version will already have the standard version, and is just tacking on the Z-store on top of that. So, when a person buys the Fleet version, it is assumed they will already have the Z-Store version, along with any consoles from it, and will just be replacing it with the Fleet version. This is why the Fleet versions accept the consoles from the Z-store versions, and sometimes have a cost discount based on ownership of the Z-Store versions. In short, the Fleet versions are upgrades to the upgrades, not seperate ships in the eyes of the Devs.

For this reason, I don't see them ever offering consoles for Fleet ships as it would remove the Z-Store versions from circulation, and they see no point since you are expected to buy those versions before the Fleet versions anyway.
Captain
# 4
01-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danqueller View Post
From what I have seen, the progression of ships are intended to be:

Standard (Dilithium) Ship -> Z-Store Version -> Fleet Version

The way the Devs see it, a person buying the Z-store version will already have the standard version, and is just tacking on the Z-store on top of that. So, when a person buys the Fleet version, it is assumed they will already have the Z-Store version, along with any consoles from it, and will just be replacing it with the Fleet version. This is why the Fleet versions accept the consoles from the Z-store versions, and sometimes have a cost discount based on ownership of the Z-Store versions. In short, the Fleet versions are upgrades to the upgrades, not seperate ships in the eyes of the Devs.

For this reason, I don't see them ever offering consoles for Fleet ships as it would remove the Z-Store versions from circulation, and they see no point since you are expected to buy those versions before the Fleet versions anyway.
Sadly they made your statement only applicable to feddies as (until VERY recently) there weren't any Z-store ships that could be upgradable to fleet ships for KDF. They've known about this problem for many months and did NOTHING. I guess they still feel the KDF numbers are so low they can charge 2000 zen for anything and the desperate will pay.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 5
01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
The reason why the Fleet ships cost the same Zen as the T5 Z-store ships is because, while slightly superior, the Fleet ships are character locked. Z-store ships are account locked and can be claimed by any of your characters.

For those who have the Z-store ships, it costs $5 more for the slightly superior ship.
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Yes the Fleet ships seem designed for veterans of the respective C-store retrofit/refit ship. At one FSM, the cost is definitely worth it.

For KDF players, it is another story unfortunately. But they have Fleet Vorcha, which more than compensates for it, I think. :p
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
I am very happy with mine
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 8
01-18-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm okay with them as they are more or less. I'd just like to see a few more KDF ships added to fleet module discounts (maybe let the lower-tier ships count, just give less of a discount), and some of the tier placements reworked (Assault Cruiser at T5 is too high, Tor'khat at T2 is probably too low, etc). But thats mostly just nitpicking.
Captain
# 9
01-18-2013, 04:10 PM
In all honesty, I am very happy, pleased, and satisfied with my Fleet Negh'Var.

1. I bought 2 Mk XII Poilarized Disruptor Beams with [Acc], paid only 500k for each, and sold them both for 2 Fleet Ship Modules. Payday! So, 1000 Zen and 1mil EC for the Fleet Negh'Var, that is quite the fantastic price indeed!

2. In my Vor'Kang, the Spheres would entirely drain my shields, and I was nowhere close to a match for a Cube. With my Fleet Negh'Var, the shield drain is hardly noticeable. In addition, I can hold agro on a Cube while destroying probes, and almost never get below 50% hull.

3. With the employment of the XII Assimilated Set, and the Assimilated Module, I can get the turn rate to equal or superiour to that of my old Vor'Vang. Plus the full loadout of Polarized Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons XII [Acc], I can deal almost frightening DPS.

All and all, I love my Fleet Negh'Var!

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 10
01-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Yes the Fleet ships seem designed for veterans of the respective C-store retrofit/refit ship. At one FSM, the cost is definitely worth it.

For KDF players, it is another story unfortunately. But they have Fleet Vorcha, which more than compensates for it, I think. :p
I fly a B'rel Retrofit torpedo boat, and my character is spec'ed for it.

I'm interested in the Fleet B'rel, but I doubt our fleet is ever going to reach T5 anytime soon.