Captain
# 11
01-18-2013, 10:20 AM
If its a mishmash of Vo and K'tinga...can we mix/match parts with the Vod? those nacelles would look awesome on that

What I want to know is if its got a Commander sci slot as I'd love a battlecruiser that can toss grav well 3 about
Captain
# 12
01-18-2013, 10:26 AM
The K'tinga has always been my favourite Klingon ship, looking forward to getting hold of one!
Career Officer
# 13
01-18-2013, 10:31 AM
So the Destroyer option is still out there. No clues as to the class

Still a mishmash of ships, need MOAR pics!
Captain
# 14
01-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Still a mishmash of ships, need MOAR pics!
It's the aesthetic twin to the Ambassador class - hints of the TNG era with a throwback to the TOS Movies. Personally I'm pretty impressed with how well they've carried out that design style.
Career Officer
# 15
01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Inspite being an obvious merging of a K'T'inga and Vor'kang, I like it. It does fit as a 25th Century incarnation of the old D7.

But the name, I don't dig. Kamarag? Reminds me of the battlecry the Lost Boys said in the movie Hook.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Empire Veteran
# 16
01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
pro- its another smallish kdf cruiser, that means its going to be AWESOME fun to fly! 9-11 turn rate, maybe a LTC tac, DHCs, CANT WAIT!

con- OMFG its an extremely lazy mishmash of ktinga and vorcha parts by the looks of it. it must be a proto vorcha? the klingon's answer to the ambassador back in the day?

though it basically just looks like you enabled costume part swapping between the 2 ships, im glad there is finally a true intermediate step between the 2 ship, something like this should have been the tier 3 cruiser all among, the ancient ktinga should have been the kdf tier 1 ship

oh well, the range of stats it WILL have, and the likeliness that it will have a LTC tac make me very excited for it!

I think you are wrong ... I think we will see the Ambassador be a sci version of an excelsior with this ship being a mirror of that.

Also ... adding the following for where the name comes from ... this is from Memory Alpha ... "Colonel Kamarag was the Klingon Ambassador to the United Federation of Planets in the late 23rd century. "

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Kamarag

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 17
01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Interesting. Since the Ambassador was a halfway point between the Excelsior and the Galaxy, it makes sense for the Klingon counterpart to be halfway between the K'tinga and the Vor'cha. Looking forward to a test flight.
Empire Veteran
# 18
01-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
I think you are wrong ... I think we will see the Ambassador be a sci version of an excelsior with this ship being a mirror of that.
everyone thinks that. and im not talking about the ambassador, im talking about the kdf cruiser. that this thread is about.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 19
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
As we already have a tac heavy cruiser with an commander engineer slot I don't think this will be another ship with this layout. However, a tac heavy cruiser with a SCIENCE commander would be nice
Career Officer
# 20
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Looks very movie era D-7ish....I like it. I may be playing KDF more with this thing.

Joined August 2009
Closed Thread