Captain
# 21
01-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
I guess you haven't been sucked dry by a siphon drone lately. ... But power insulators ... do NOTHING. kthxbai
I failed to see where I said anything about siphon drones in my previous post.

You complained about Aceton Assimilators. I have actually tested them and showed how they aren't as overpowered as you seem to think they are.
Empire Veteran
# 22
01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I failed to see where I said anything about siphon drones in my previous post.

You complained about Aceton Assimilators. I have actually tested them and showed how they aren't as overpowered as you seem to think they are.
Quote:

Admittedly, the siphon/aceton stuff KDF is bad, so I won't really disagree with it and the state of kvf.
I commented on siphon/aceton in combination. I never said acetons were OP.

Thanks for reading my comment and assuming I was crying OP on something I wasn't.

kthxbai
-X-/Pandas - Pheo - Didn't watch your stream but was told about it by a little birdie. Since you want this public and all. Lulz. BTW we never wish death on any of you. And wanting a fight so you aren't pugstomping isn't a crime. kkthxbai Hai Pax, Priest, Neo.
Commander
# 23
01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
I love Brels come by me, I'll tb, bump or viral you. Or just hit sensor scan and chase you shooting plasma or transphasics until you die. It's lolz.
Oh, so we are on same wagon it seems. I just use energy syphoon with tykens+tb to keep you in place while mining the general area around you. And SNBing if you wanna run away with some APO

Death to the Klinks by Science and a sliver of plasma
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
01-18-2013, 10:19 AM
The evil siphon-aceton combination is OP because nine (9!) points in Power Insulator do absolutely nothing against it...also the infamous Plasmonic Leech console is a further advantage to an extremely dangerous energy drain built.
But it's OK...we skilled Feds are always fed ball forced because only team working and cross healing can save us, but many not so skilled players unfortunately suffer from the uber Kirk syndrome...so they fight alone in their so called uber Cruiser without knowing that they are only a sitting duck scheduled for slaughter!
But what makes me really angry after the sucking capabilities of the evul Klinguns, after their damned battle and even enhanced cloaks, after their frustrating KHG placate effect...well, after all this crap when I'm ready to vaporize a bandit...suddenly the evuls turn on the AMS console...our AMS console...WTF? Damn!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Captain
# 25
01-18-2013, 10:22 AM
You know, personally I like Aceton assimilators to harass sub craft and to shut down destructible torps.

Romulan hyper-plasmas are pretty useless against assimilators, heh.

Not that I PvP any more. Pug vs premade stinks, and unless that ever changes... No thanks.
Captain
# 26
01-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
I commented on siphon/aceton in combination. I never said acetons were OP.

Thanks for reading my comment and assuming I was crying OP on something I wasn't.

kthxbai
So, the combination is "bad", but it's not overpowered?

As I've stated in my original comment, having 6 points in Power Insulators resists 100% of the Aceton Assimilator drain. The siphon drones may still be ignore Power Insulators, but Aceton Assimilators does not. It would break that combo that you have said was "bad".
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
However, I don't think FvK PvP queues are dead because when pugging I usually wait no more than 10 minutes to fight...in Arena or C&H I find players like Deadpool, Cryox, Lady F., Zirac, Buthong, The Doctor, Funkenstein, Diablo and many more very talented players who know very well how to fight in a KDF vessel!
But the problem is that the average Fed player can't bear at the same time terrific Klingun fighters and awesome offensive Klingun ships!
Simply they can't do that...so they get discouraged and return to PvE!

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Career Officer
# 28
01-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post

I think I remember your testing and you tested 1 ship vs. 1 aceton assimilator.

The last time I hoped into Ker'rat (last week) there were at least a half dozen or more Aceton Assimilators in a 10km or 15km radius.

It's the same with most special consoles, high powered DOFFs, high powered items, etc.

1 of them is usually a gimmicky non-issue.

Multiply that by 5 players spamming (whatever it is) and suddenly it becomes a frustrating and stifling thing to face.

This actually relates to the whole "BoPs are overpowered" (which isn't true, in my estimation at all by the way) conversation.

The truth is more complicated than 'yes they are' or 'no they aren't.

The truth is more likely that in a 5 v 5 situation, a small controlled arena environment, the BoP ends up being rather fragile and cloak can be dealt with and marginalized.

In open world pvp zones like Ker'rat, where participation from either side is not necessarily set, and the situation is constantly shifting - suddenly having 3 to 6 players in BoPs all using hit and run tactics without the limitations arena play brings - suddenly they feel overpowered to the opponent - because without a coherent team or the appearance of a single superstar player on your side, quite frankly they will have the complete advantage.
Captain
# 29
01-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
However, I don't think FvK PvP queues are dead because when pugging I usually wait no more than 10 minutes to fight...in Arena or C&H I find players like Deadpool, Cryox, Lady F., Zirac, Buthong, The Doctor, Funkenstein, Diablo and many more very talented players who know very well how to fight in a KDF vessel!
But the problem is that the average Fed player can't bear at the same time terrific Klingun fighters and awesome offensive Klingun ships!
Simply they can't do that...so they get discouraged and return to PvE!
must be a timing issue-as a Klink, I rarely seem to hit that PvP sweetspot where the Feds actually que up willing to fight. On Fedside, it's often a case of que, then wait for hours anywhere but FvF.

So I'm beginning go suspect it's regional-all the Feds willing to PvP must live in some other time-zone and/or are abed in their sleep when I'm home from work...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
01-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Well, I'm an italian guy very busy during the day so I can only play late at night, when I fight against the US East Coast evul Klinguns...about six-seven hours time difference.
They just finished dinner while for me it's already late night...but luckily I suffer from insomnia so I'm always awake and alert!
But I certainly can't play every night, sometimes I have to sleep...