Commander
# 61
01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Content development for the KDF is a sort of inverse self-fulfilling prophecy and infinite cycle of impossibility combined.

We likely won't see more KDF content until more people play KDF which won't happen until we have more KDF content.

A deadlock only Cryptic can break through initiative. Dstahl, your move.
Empire Veteran
# 62
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Fixed for you.
Thanks, though is not "prepare" and "expect" the same thing?
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Lieutenant
# 63
01-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Hopefully, it's T5+

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=803801

Thoughts? Comments? Speculation on specs?
Captain
# 64
01-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by branmakmorrn View Post
Hopefully, it's T5+

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=803801

Thoughts? Comments? Speculation on specs?
It's just another cruiser-By definition, based on what we already have, it's redundant. It'll probably be a gimped version of whatever they give the FEDS with the Ambassador.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Last edited by patrickngo; 01-18-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 65
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
I like the look of it. I'm really hoping its a KDF science battle cruiser I wonder if there will be a fleet version. At least it looks Klingon this time... And if the thing has a custom bridge with windows of any kind I really hope that the view from the bridge is accurate this time..

As for stats.. I'm going to guess that the T-5 version is going to be about the same as the K'tinga Retrofit, and not quite as good as the Fleet K'tinga... Honestly I think it would be better as a skin for fleet Battlecruisers. Theres is really so many variations on a theme you can realisticly do on a battle cruiser...and the only thing that would really make sense to me is giving it a commander engineering, LT Commander Science and Tactical,Lt Engineering, and a Ens Sci. That would give it a solid mix of BOFF abilities and maximize utility for any type of captain. Of course.. this could be the first of the KDF attack cruisers with 3 aft and 5 forward weps too.

Gonna guess a turn mode of 10 on this, not quite as good as the K'tinga, but better then the Vor'cha
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!

Last edited by oldkhemaraa; 01-18-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Commander
# 66
01-20-2013, 03:22 AM
So we're finally getting some new ships. Nice.

I hope one of them is that "Gorn battleship" Dstahl mentioned in August of 2010.
Empire Veteran
# 67
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Thanks, though is not "prepare" and "expect" the same thing?
No it's not, being prepared to something means you're ready to face it if it happens, expecting something means you know it will happen no matter what. Here it makes sense: expect the worse.

The last ask cryptic is another step in this direction. Before season 7, season 8 was supposed to bring many improvements to the KDF side, including new missions and the abilities to start akdf char from lvl 0. It was just hopes and wishes but now that it's being worked on, it's just "if you're a kdf you'll like season 8". Which means very little specific content, maybe some new fleet ships, a couple of episodes like alpha (and here it's a huge maybe), another fed holding with red paint on the walls, cross-faction stuff and that's it.

So now we know, thanks to Dan Stahl's answer that season 8 will be disappointing from the KDF perspective. It's not a possibility it's almost a fact. I guess we'll get more empty promises for season 9 or 10.

Last edited by diogene0; 01-20-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 68
01-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
No it's not, being prepared to something means you're ready to face it if it happens, expecting something means you know it will happen no matter what. Here it makes sense: expect the worse.

The last ask cryptic is another step in this direction. Before season 7, season 8 was supposed to bring many improvements to the KDF side, including new missions and the abilities to start akdf char from lvl 0. It was just hopes and wishes but now that it's being worked on, it's just "if you're a kdf you'll like season 8". Which means very little specific content, maybe some new fleet ships, a couple of episodes like alpha (and here it's a huge maybe), another fed holding with red paint on the walls, cross-faction stuff and that's it.

So now we know, thanks to Dan Stahl's answer that season 8 will be disappointing from the KDF perspective. It's not a possibility it's almost a fact. I guess we'll get more empty promises for season 9 or 10.
Except that the tweets coming out from some of the devs seem to indicate otherwise, including one that said 'a great injustice will be fixed' or something along those lines.
Republic Veteran
# 69
01-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
Except that the tweets coming out from some of the devs seem to indicate otherwise, including one that said 'a great injustice will be fixed' or something along those lines.
I highly doubt we will see the 30+ missions the KDF needs to be on par with the FED. If Cryptic wants to prove me wrong, I welcome it. I will gladly except it.

But i will repeat "pics or it didn't happen." "A great injustice" could mean anything, Heck it could mean the recently fixed 700 day andriods, which means little to the KDF. To paraphrase another movie quote "Show me the Missions". Show me actual content, screens, the episode listings showing a bunch of missions I haven't heard about. Or better yet, get this stuff out on Tribble.

I am not expecting that last one, Since Season 8 is tentatively set for May. But if you want to add 30+ mission to the game, you better give us more then a week to test them or they are no doubt going to be buggy as anything. Which is only a mild improvement from where we are now.
Lieutenant
# 70
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:

Maybe the 'ability to start a KDF character from 0' was pulled from S8 because it wasn't ready yet. Maybe it was just postponed. Granted, some pics or hints at the storyline would be cool but some people don't like spoilers.

And really, it'd better be ready to play, complete, and bug-free, when they put the levels back in. When it drops, it's going to be a huge patch, so there will have to be lots of time for internal testing, because big patches have a risk of having more bugs.

But, it's going to have to be a huge patch because the way they cordoned off those lower levels it would be nearly impossible to release any new lower level content incrementally. Realeasing, say, level one-to-five stuff would be pointless, as there would still be a 15 level gap. Releasing, say, level 15-20 stuff would be a massive spoiler, who wants to play the end of a mission chain before playing the beginning?

Now, I'm not making any excuses for the team here, I'm just trying to look at the situation realistically. Just as much as KDF players are in a bind without those levels, the dev team must be in a bind trying to get them ready and bug-free while putting out dual-faction content and new Fed shinies to keep revenue coming in.

"Seems logical."