Empire Veteran
# 21
01-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
everyone thinks that. and im not talking about the ambassador, im talking about the kdf cruiser. that this thread is about.
And so am I. .... Mark my words, this ship will mirror the Fed's Ambassador in Bridge Officer layout .... that points towards a possible sci heavy cruiser.

I'd love to see her mirror the Excel's bridge officer layout, however .... we do lack sci heavier ships. (and we already have the fleet vor'cha at end game ... LOVE that ship just like I love the fleet K'Tinga.)

Don't mistake me for a FED.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
01-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Nicee...an old school Vor'cha. I'm liking it. You've just made my day
I like it how you manage to make all KDF ships look really cool in the game. Thumbs up for this!
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Empire Veteran
# 23
01-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah I love the look of this more than the D7 and Vor'cha its like a dream ship
Captain
# 24
01-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerjosh View Post
I'd love the KDF to comission a new line of science vessels. It could have a release event with the kdf version of utopia planitia as a ground map to visit.
Seeing how the feds got our carriers.. i dont see why not :|
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 25
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
It's the aesthetic twin to the Ambassador class - hints of the TNG era with a throwback to the TOS Movies. Personally I'm pretty impressed with how well they've carried out that design style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Interesting. Since the Ambassador was a halfway point between the Excelsior and the Galaxy, it makes sense for the Klingon counterpart to be halfway between the K'tinga and the Vor'cha. Looking forward to a test flight.
These were my initial thoughts as well. So Kamarag-class is contemporary to the Ambassador-class for the period between TOS films and TNG television. What the novel writers often call The Lost Era.

STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Empire Veteran
# 26
01-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
And so am I. .... Mark my words, this ship will mirror the Fed's Ambassador in Bridge Officer layout .... that points towards a possible sci heavy cruiser.

I'd love to see her mirror the Excel's bridge officer layout, however .... we do lack sci heavier ships. (and we already have the fleet vor'cha at end game ... LOVE that ship just like I love the fleet K'Tinga.)

Don't mistake me for a FED.
i think cryptic intends sci heavy kdf cruisers to come from the orians. i doubt an actual klingon cruiser will have more sci then tac. mirror vorcha is a bit of an exception, but it still had 3 tac consoles. very tac heavy for something with slightly more sci then tac.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 27
01-18-2013, 12:26 PM
The fact that it looks like a D7 mated with a Vorcha makes me very very happy. I only hope its bridge officer line up is able to match my predicted Ambassador line up. PLEASE DEVS. I WILL BEG ALWAYS. love you.
Rihannsu
# 28
01-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Seeing how the feds got our carriers.. i dont see why not :|
I want a Mirror Vo'Quv with Atrox Boff Slots.
Captain
# 29
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Interesting. Since the Ambassador was a halfway point between the Excelsior and the Galaxy, it makes sense for the Klingon counterpart to be halfway between the K'tinga and the Vor'cha. Looking forward to a test flight.
But that would assume that klingon ship designers would work in a similar way to FED ship designers, using the current model then altering it slighty? (just thinking )
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 30
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Honestly, I am not seeing a problem here.

The "Enterprise" line has always been cruisers. from the Connies up to Sovereigns they all fall on the Cruiser side. Not sure how Tact/sci leaning they are as I haven't looked at the stats recently, but I am guessing not.

That said, I have no problem with the Kamarag being the KDF's answer to the Ambassador, thus more of a Cruiser. Yes, Klingon need more science ships, but lets be honest with ourselves, this was never going to be the solution for that.
Closed Thread