Rihannsu
# 41
01-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galr25 View Post
Races could be , Cardassian , Romulan and Reman (of course). Then Hirogen and Alien and maybe Alpha jems in c-store.
Cardassia is on the opposite side of the sector, heck they are not even in the same Quadrant and in order for Romulans to reach Cardassian space they would have to go across Federation space, heck considering you are locked out of Sirius in the game you would also have to enter Klingon space.

There is no reason to have Cardassians on the Romulan side, they dont share borders and are too far away to even be able to provide assistence, it would make more sense to have Cardassians becoming part of the Klingon Empire as that did happened in a way in the Mirror Universe but it would be very ... awkward because there are significant Federation territory in the way and will remain to be so until Cryptic adds a new sector.

Also give me a break with the Alpha Jem Hadar, they are loyal to the Changelings and will always be so since they were altered to be so along with their ability to reproduce naturally, they are either on the Dominion or in the New Link.
Lieutenant
# 42
01-18-2013, 02:17 PM
First off point out this

Quote:
Originally Posted by galr25 View Post
Then put in a common sector block above Bete Ursae between Orellius and Sirius joining up to alpha cent and/or Iota Pav.
in reply to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Cardassia is on the opposite side of the sector, heck they are not even in the same Quadrant and in order for Romulans to reach Cardassian space they would have to go across Federation space, heck considering you are locked out of Sirius in the game you would also have to enter Klingon space.
Also this block could fit in with location of Ferenginar and Trill and the Romulans have got to Cardassian territory in ds9 with the Feds being surprised to see them. Further more in Ds9 i'm sure they say something to the dominion or cardassians about fighting a war on 3 fronts meaning Fed , KDF and Rom , and Romulan boarder skirmishes only in about two lines of speech however. The Galaxy isn't flat and square after all.

I just feel it makes more sense than the Romulans or Cardassians bowing down to Fed or KDF.

I agree with the Alpha Jem'Hadar comment though i only included them as people always mention them so thought i'd throw them in the mix. But I'm not a fan in anyway.
Captain
# 43
01-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
One possibility short of full membership is for the Cardassian Empire and the Federation to enter into similar arrangement between Japan and the US after WWII. The Federation helps rebuild the Cardassian state and the two become allies, but the Cardassians always keep their sovereignty intact post-occupation, allowing for a possible Cardassian faction independent of the Federation. Actually, now that I think about it, this is kind of what is going on in game already.

Thoughts?
I think this is the best direction. The cardassians are reptiles with as one actor who played a cardassian said they have a reptillian brain. Reptiles only have 5 reactions to any given situation making them harsh and aggressive. They are also like an allegory for the serpent in literature. Deceptive, double tongued and disguised (both Ducat and Seska wore disguises for some length of time). I think making them full on good guys would ruin them there needs to be a moral ambiguity to them. They should be a C store race for the Feds and They should have a Cardassian adventure zone where we help them out. Although the Klingons are their enemies so that would only work for the feds.

As for there being a Dominion faction? Get it started like yesterday!
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 01-18-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
01-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
One possibility short of full membership is for the Cardassian Empire and the Federation to enter into similar arrangement between Japan and the US after WWII. The Federation helps rebuild the Cardassian state and the two become allies, but the Cardassians always keep their sovereignty intact post-occupation, allowing for a possible Cardassian faction independent of the Federation. Actually, now that I think about it, this is kind of what is going on in game already.

Thoughts?
That's been the arrangement since the Federation-Cardassian Treaty of 2385. Brush up on your Path to 2409.
Ensign
# 45
01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
It would be great if Cardassians were added to the game. I think at this point the idea that they will be their own faction is not going to happen. With Luck the Klingon faction will be fleshed out in the coming updates, then maybe we will get Romulans added and then the team will have to work on 3 factions content.

As such anything that gets Cardassians in the game would be a good thing.