Commander
Hi there,

I really like shuttle gameplay in STO, therefore I also like the Vault Shuttle Event. However, even 10 months after its release, a large portion of the player base does NOT understand the event... Which is very frustrating, 'cuz you end up completely wasting your time and not earning anything if the mission fails (which also leads to this event being less popular than others).

A few tweaks could alleviate this issue:

* Make those junctions which need to be activated flashing red/purple/whatever and mark them with a large arrow.
* Always mark the Rerik with an arrow.
* Reward Romulan Marks after each completed room (e.g., 5 after each completed room)
(* Consider renaming the event. "Vault Shuttle Event" got no nice ring to it. How about "Into the Vault"?)

Cheers
STOWiki admin.
Captain
# 2
01-14-2013, 07:31 AM
What the Vault Shuttle really needs is a new reward. After ticking up winter epohhs for 200 marks/day for over a month, plus regular epohhs, I have too much romulan marks to even consider playing a mission that gives nothing but RMs. Especially a mission that fails half the time.
Career Officer
# 3
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
I've done it three times now, never had it fail. I also have no clue about the "activate junctions" and such, so it's basically somebody else knowing what they're doing. I just shoot things. then we end up with like 20 marks, when just doing a daily patrol gives 60, and Epohhs give 400 every few days. I don't even tag Epohhs anymore, I've got over 1000 rom marks and I'm finishing up Tier 5.

The problem is the rewards suck for the effort involved. I just do it when I want to try out a new toy on my shuttle.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Commander
# 4
01-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
I've done it three times now, never had it fail. I also have no clue about the "activate junctions" and such, so it's basically somebody else knowing what they're doing. I just shoot things. then we end up with like 20 marks, when just doing a daily patrol gives 60, and Epohhs give 400 every few days. I don't even tag Epohhs anymore, I've got over 1000 rom marks and I'm finishing up Tier 5.

The problem is the rewards suck for the effort involved. I just do it when I want to try out a new toy on my shuttle.
I have to concur. Missions like Vault Shuttle Event, Vault Ensnared and Azure Nebula Rescue fall behind wrt the amount of Romulan Marks they reward. Still, even with an increased reward the shuttle event needs some minor tweaks.
STOWiki admin.
Career Officer
# 5
01-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Ugh, I spoke too soon. Ran it once last night, nobody knew what they were doing, I activated the first two junctions and we ran out of time in the first room.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 6
01-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Yes to all four.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 7 Haven't been back
01-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
* Reward Romulan Marks after each completed room (e.g., 5 after each completed room)
(* Consider renaming the event. "Vault Shuttle Event" got no nice ring to it. How about "Into the Vault"?)
Good suggestions!

I feel your pain, failed this many times before Season 7. I think that the quality of players in the event dropped when they made it accessible 24/7. I guess when it was only available at specific times, only dedicated players showed up for it.

I haven't been back to the event since Season 7 started. Now that the Reman upgrades are tied to the reputation system, I've just been earning marks running around New Romulus.

It's ironic -- now that they've made it easier to do this mission by introducing the default shuttle mechanic (and removing the exploit in the process), I no longer feel the need to play this mission. This is not a complaint, just an observation. I enjoy the mission, just don't play it anymore.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
# 8
01-15-2013, 11:51 AM
The vault event used to be a staple for me, that was until they shortened the event time by NOT awarding the prize if the last run completed after the event finished.

...Then they pulled the datalogs out of the system.

I suggest they completely remove the event from the game, the devs have killed any real reason to participate in the event, and if you're PUGing you're obviously desperate for RM's or pain and suffering. I'm surprised ANYONE still plays that event.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Commander
# 9
01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
The vault event used to be a staple for me, that was until they shortened the event time by NOT awarding the prize if the last run completed after the event finished.

...Then they pulled the datalogs out of the system.

I suggest they completely remove the event from the game, the devs have killed any real reason to participate in the event, and if you're PUGing you're obviously desperate for RM's or pain and suffering. I'm surprised ANYONE still plays that event.
By all means, do NOT remove the shuttle event! IMRPOVE it instead. Those few minor tweaks I've suggested in the OP would go a looong way.
STOWiki admin.