Lieutenant
Are the MK XII Romulan/Reman space sets from Romulan reputation any good, or should I just stick to the Omega- MACO stuff from the Omega reputation projects? No one I know is using the Romulan gear, but no one has said exactly why.
Lieutenant
# 2
01-18-2013, 01:55 PM
I have the old Reman XII kit on my Science VA not got a clue if the new stuff is different, But works well for me on Mirror Deep Space Science vessel. Shields are high base health too.
Commander
# 3
01-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Because it is poorly itemised garbage that doesn't come close to any of the STF sets or even the Assimilated Borg set.

It needs a proper overhaul. Updated set bonuses, some real benefits to the shield and a better deflector are just a start.
Lieutenant
# 4
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
^^^ Fair enough.
My main Capt is Engineer with full old MACO XII , but Reman is good enough for my Sci Capt gets me threw elites but i don't PVP important note.
Career Officer
# 5
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizork View Post
Are the MK XII Romulan/Reman space sets from Romulan reputation any good, or should I just stick to the Omega- MACO stuff from the Omega reputation projects? No one I know is using the Romulan gear, but no one has said exactly why.
Taken in as themselves, they are rather good pieces of kit. But for just a little more dilithium, the MACO/KHG/OMEGA sets tend to be better. What the R/R kits are good for is if you wish to boost plasma projectiles and can use the high bonuses the individual gear gives to some skills.

Or just get the 'old' STF gear and equip a R/R deflector if you so choose. A lot of times, the 3 piece bonus power isn't worth equipping the entire set. i.e. I like to use MACO shield + 2 pieces of the Rommie set when I'm dumping a lot of plasma torps.