Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 41
01-18-2013, 01:36 AM
Omega marks are stupid easy to get. Like really really really easy. To get ALL the omega marks you will ever need to complete the rep system, you only have to do 20 Elite STF's. One will set you up for nearly 3 days worth of projects. If it's dilithium you want, there are other ways. It's worth pointing out however that it's theoretically possible to farm your dilithium for the day and get almost a week's worth of Omega marks from just three stfs if you're lucky enough to get rewarded 11 BNP's at the end of each (a total of almost 9K dilithium - 6K BNP + 2.8k STF reward)

On this point, a week or so of dedicated epohh tagging will get you the same result for romulan marks. 1 minute of clicking a day will get you a pup a day if you team up. I havve no problem with the availability of any marks other than fleet marks and even those have become more available in the last month or so.

Story wise, Omega Marks are gained from your captain being a part of the Omega Force and Romulan Marks are gained from your captain helping out on New Romulus. Why should it be possible to get STF gear without ever doing an STF? What do you want it for then? And further, why shouldn't elite STF's be the best and fastest way by a long long way to advance along the rep system that is related to them?

Last edited by redsoniavrel; 01-18-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Captain
# 42
01-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Anyone that is asking for Romulan STFs wants some activity that gives the same amount of Romulan Marks and takes the same amount of time as elite STFs and is repeatable every hour. That is why adding elite versions to the Romulan Queue activities is good enough.
Good enough for you maybe, but I think there are far more STFers then there are people like you and would want to see Romulan STFs. There is no 5 man ground mission, the 20 man one is to hard to coordinate and often ends up losing half the civilians. A good start would be something like a 5 man ground mission that does something like break into a Tal Shiar bunker to rescue new Romulus leaders or something along that lines. 2 Romulan space missions isn't enough either, maybe they could add a new STF like one, or maybe a 20 man one here as 20 man missions are somewhat more doable in space.
Republic Veteran
# 43
01-18-2013, 02:00 AM
I would love to see some Romulan STFs. They can be written to oppose the Tal Shiar which would make it viable for any possible future Romulan faction. I would also like to see Dominion STFs as well.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 44
01-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Mmmm, but will they still feel like STF's if you don't have to remodulate your weapons?
Commander
# 45
01-18-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Agreed. They could do some Foundry contests where the best ones get Omega Marks or Romulan Marks as a reward. The winners could get something like Zen, master keys, or Fleet Ship Modules. This could be done for most mission content. The Foundry Authors can get their mission to be an actual mission in the game and Cryptic gets much needed "official" content. Of course, Cryptic has to create new content, but they could just do big and elaborate missions with major consequences to the galaxy while Foundry Authors can do minor fill in content.
Yes!!! A million times this.

There are some brilliant missions in the Foundry that would be ideal for filling in gaps while the devs worked on more meaningful content.
Commander
# 46
01-18-2013, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoniavrel View Post
Mmmm, but will they still feel like STF's if you don't have to remodulate your weapons?
You can remodulate your weapons if it'll make you feel better. There might not be a reason to remodulate, but the option is always there
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Agreed. They could do some Foundry contests where the best ones get Omega Marks or Romulan Marks as a reward. The winners could get something like Zen, master keys, or Fleet Ship Modules. This could be done for most mission content. The Foundry Authors can get their mission to be an actual mission in the game and Cryptic gets much needed "official" content. Of course, Cryptic has to create new content, but they could just do big and elaborate missions with major consequences to the galaxy while Foundry Authors can do minor fill in content.
Yes! Why developers do not hear us?

*Because do silly mini games is easier...
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
01-18-2013, 11:00 AM
The Winter Wonderland was a great way to earn Romulan Marks and I earned over 3000 during the event. We need something like that for the Omega Reputation too.

The Devs hinted that they might do a Summer event. I would love to see something involving assimilated pets... Like assimilated Targs or Hortas or something (please no more epohhs) that we could raise up and submit for scientific study in exchange for Omega Marks.
Captain
# 49
01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I would love to see some Romulan STFs. They can be written to oppose the Tal Shiar which would make it viable for any possible future Romulan faction. I would also like to see Dominion STFs as well.
If it means not shooting at Borg for the entirety of the endgame, make it happen.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-19-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
The Winter Wonderland was a great way to earn Romulan Marks and I earned over 3000 during the event. We need something like that for the Omega Reputation too.

The Devs hinted that they might do a Summer event. I would love to see something involving assimilated pets... Like assimilated Targs or Hortas or something (please no more epohhs) that we could raise up and submit for scientific study in exchange for Omega Marks.
Unfortunately the winter event ended. There is not a fun way to achieve Romulan Marks.