Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 218
# 21
01-19-2013, 09:27 AM
I do have some gripes about this game but ships from past eras is not one of them. This is the only game which gives you the ability to pilot and customize ships from nearly ever Trek era, and that's not a bad thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 184
# 22
01-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird1988 View Post
If you remember, there is something called the "Temporal Integrity Commission" who correct major disruptions to the Timeline and would probably not approve of 25th Century Admirals using 29th Century Starships. Since Braxton went back in time to remove Voyager over 20th Century Earth. They would happily interfere in the 25th Century to correct that
Except it's /NOT/ a problem, see. If you good folks had bothered to read the flavor text of the reward pack for the Korath/Wells, you would know that these 'Timeships' are /non-functional/ and have /little to nothing/ in the way of 29th Century technology thanks to the Tholians stripping them clean. Heck, we even have to stick our own impulse engines into them- It's basically just us getting the hull of a 29th century ship and replacing everything with our own century's technology.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
# 23
01-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatyanasergei View Post
Except it's /NOT/ a problem, see. If you good folks had bothered to read the flavor text of the reward pack for the Korath/Wells, you would know that these 'Timeships' are /non-functional/ and have /little to nothing/ in the way of 29th Century technology thanks to the Tholians stripping them clean. Heck, we even have to stick our own impulse engines into them- It's basically just us getting the hull of a 29th century ship and replacing everything with our own century's technology.
I hate to point this out but where did the Tholians get them? Because they stole one Federation Future Ship in the Mirror Universe, that makes them Masters of Time now does it? Eh... anyone see the plot hole here?

Of course, I realize that I am preaching to the choir here because all the real Trek fans left a long while ago and there doesn't seem to be much left in the community but Cryptic fan-boys and casual fans.

I'm sorry for suggesting that the Great Cryptic could do any wrong or to question anything they do. Especially on the forums. *Chuckles*

Last edited by warbird1988; 01-19-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,999
# 24
01-19-2013, 09:36 AM
We know so little about the Tholians, that it's quite possible they do have the capability to jump through time and steal technology.



And if yer going to start insulting people to try too win your argument..., you never had a leg to stand on to begin with.

You can see just how long I've been a Trek Fan by my sig...

And it was probably long before you were even born laddie.

...as for the other nonsense you just spouted..., it's not even worth bothering with.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-19-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 184
# 25
01-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird1988 View Post
I hate to point this out but where did the Tholians get them? Because they stole one Federation Future Ship in the Mirror Universe, that makes them Masters of Time now does it? Eh... anyone see the plot hole here?

Of course, I realize that I am preaching to the choir here because all the real Trek fans left a long while ago and there doesn't seem to be much left in the community but Cryptic fan-boys and casual fans.
Because anyone who disagrees with you is automatically a Cryptic fanboy, right?

I'm just pointing out that Cryptic did give us an explanation as to why no one has come back to bother taking these ships to where they came from- Stripped of their technology, which the Tholians likely ruined trying to remove from the ships in the first place, they are no more or less advanced than other ships of our era.

No one is saying the Tholians are masters of time, and you can quit rolling your eyes. The Tholians just have a track record of successfully stealing ships from other timelines, via the method that was employed to get the USS Defiant.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
# 26
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
We know so little about the Tholians, that it's quite possible they do have the capability to jump through time and steal technology.
Except in almost the 200 years of knowledge and diplomatic contact with the Federation (Tholian Ambassador's are mentioned regulary in DS9), there is no evidence to support that theory. Tholians from the mirror universe can hardly be used an example because in that universe, the Terran Empire is more then happy to go around murdering people.

I would think if they had that capacity, then it would become a much more significant threat to the Federation and therefore they would pay them much more attention. The Tholians are hardly considered a "new" species.

Again... we are talking about Tholians in the "MIRROR UNIVERSE" and not the Prime Universe. Due to the comparisons of all the other races in the Mirror Universe, those Tholians would hardly be the same as ours.

Case and Point: Cryptic don't know what they are talking about... again...

Last edited by warbird1988; 01-19-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 294
# 27
01-19-2013, 09:44 AM
oh come on, the simple explanation is staring you right in the face every time you log in. cryptic puked out an interactive fan fiction with no real sense of continuity and accuracy for the sake of making money. If anything, this game should be called "memory gamma".
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,999
# 28
01-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird1988 View Post
Except in almost the 200 years of knowledge and diplomatic contact with the Federation (Tholian Ambassador's are mentioned regulary in DS9), there is no evidence to support that theory. Tholians from the mirror universe can hardly be used an example because in that universe, the Terran Empire is more then happy to go around murdering people.

I would think if they had that capacity, then it would become a much more significant threat to the Federation and therefore they would pay them much more attention. The Tholians are hardly considered a "new" species.

Again... we are talking about Tholians in the "MIRROR UNIVERSE" and not the Prime Universe. Due to the comparisons of all the other races in the Mirror Universe, those Tholians would hardly be the same as ours.
Yes, I'm sure the Tholian's (a race of xenomorphs to the extreme in both universes) are going to immediately let the Federation know that they have this capability...

Cause they wouldn't want to have any kind of advantage against people they don't like.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 38
# 29
01-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
oh come on, the simple explanation is staring you right in the face every time you log in. cryptic puked out an interactive fan fiction with no real sense of continuity and accuracy for the sake of making money. If anything, this game should be called "memory gamma".
One hundred times agreed... Thank you so much for being a voice of reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 184
# 30
01-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird1988 View Post
I would think if they had that capacity, then it would become a much more significant threat to the Federation and therefore they would pay them much more attention. The Tholians are hardly considered a "new" species.
You clearly have no imagination, good sir.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:05 PM.