Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 515
# 31
01-12-2013, 07:30 AM
NO GRIND OR RISA REPUTATION SYSTEM! Are you people crazy? We have enough reputations bleeding us dry.

My wish list:

Risa needs to be as big as New Romulus. Go big or dont update it. I want to actually have fun on Risa and be on vacation.

In 2409, I see the Risa cliff face having a tall yet thin hotel that climbs up the face of the cliff. Bottom level is a casino and gift shop, that links to Z store item. Make 4 distinct playable levels. 5th floor is Holosuits, with doors for foundry authors. 10th floor has deluxe suites that are empty rooms that foundry authors can place contacts. 15th floor is a nightclub on roof of hotel that overlooks beach.

If winter event has us iceskating, for summer I want to go boating or kayacking or paddle boating for the race event. Cant you guys make a small kayak form around our toons sitting in it? The water race trail should be long. Race starts and ends at beach, but path goes into narrow river inland that has forks in river for alternate routes. I want to be sitting at a river side bar and see boat racers go by as I sip my drink and type in chatbox.

Subterrainian gardens: The neatest spot on Risa is that cave. Well, go big. Make a labyrnth down there. Midway deep is a garden club to chat at. Have bat creatures to shoot at. Deep in cave is a lava river. Have jumping areas to hop around this area like playing hot lava on the couch as a kid. In the middle is a round arena mat to challenge NPCs to melee combat and try to avoid lava. This deep area caters to KDF.

Fly fishing: If Im going to grind the F key, make it fit. Fed or KDF can fly fish along stream for tropical fish. Make us move around up and down stream for moving hotspots. We try to catch rare fish, and turn them in at resort. By themselves they pay out good consumables, or 5 rare fish with a little zen buys something cool in z store.

Holosuit: For Feds, Old West town. Simulate shootout at OK Corral, 5 players vs NPCs. Buy cooler outfits and better period guns in Z store.

For KDF, simulate The Hunt for targs or something or a big melee only fight against NPC enemies. Klingon vacation is just cooler fighting opportunities.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,525
# 32
01-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
NO GRIND OR RISA REPUTATION SYSTEM! Are you people crazy? We have enough reputations bleeding us dry.

My wish list:

Risa needs to be as big as New Romulus. Go big or dont update it. I want to actually have fun on Risa and be on vacation.

In 2409, I see the Risa cliff face having a tall yet thin hotel that climbs up the face of the cliff. Bottom level is a casino and gift shop, that links to Z store item. Make 4 distinct playable levels. 5th floor is Holosuits, with doors for foundry authors. 10th floor has deluxe suites that are empty rooms that foundry authors can place contacts. 15th floor is a nightclub on roof of hotel that overlooks beach.

If winter event has us iceskating, for summer I want to go boating or kayacking or paddle boating for the race event. Cant you guys make a small kayak form around our toons sitting in it? The water race trail should be long. Race starts and ends at beach, but path goes into narrow river inland that has forks in river for alternate routes. I want to be sitting at a river side bar and see boat racers go by as I sip my drink and type in chatbox.

Subterrainian gardens: The neatest spot on Risa is that cave. Well, go big. Make a labyrnth down there. Midway deep is a garden club to chat at. Have bat creatures to shoot at. Deep in cave is a lava river. Have jumping areas to hop around this area like playing hot lava on the couch as a kid. In the middle is a round arena mat to challenge NPCs to melee combat and try to avoid lava. This deep area caters to KDF.

Fly fishing: If Im going to grind the F key, make it fit. Fed or KDF can fly fish along stream for tropical fish. Make us move around up and down stream for moving hotspots. We try to catch rare fish, and turn them in at resort. By themselves they pay out good consumables, or 5 rare fish with a little zen buys something cool in z store.

Holosuit: For Feds, Old West town. Simulate shootout at OK Corral, 5 players vs NPCs. Buy cooler outfits and better period guns in Z store.

For KDF, simulate The Hunt for targs or something or a big melee only fight against NPC enemies. Klingon vacation is just cooler fighting opportunities.
If they are going to make a big update we are going to need a reason to hang around....lots of mini games are fun for a while...but then what it will become a ghost town in no time.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 515
# 33
01-12-2013, 07:38 AM
About that Summer event, all my Risa ideas should be year round. Summer event just brings everyone in for bigger rewards for racing, fishing, fighting. Maybe a new holosuit program only available in summer event, but keep Risa and mainstay events and activities year round. Maybe one summer holonovel is Robin Hood themed. And we dont have to have Q all the time.

Flyfishing should feature minigame that only activates for the rare fish, and simulate struggle of reeling it in. Max score gets the rare fish.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 515
# 34
01-12-2013, 07:58 AM
If you cant do boat racing, then a long epic mountain trail to run that features several jumps from higher elevations to lower elevations. JJ Abrams type Kirk jumps. Race should feel very Indiana Jonesy.

It wont be a ghost town or wasted map update if the layout of the map is just fun to walk around in and get lost in. It can be done, but not with lazy landscape architecture.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 515
# 35
01-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Again with the flyfishing. Different times of day different parts of stream are hot. I want zone chat to be discussing "fishing is good right now at the river fork". A day and night cycle is a must for Risa. Trophy fish for our trophy rooms can be earned too. Make grinding F key fun, and a challenge knowing you need to fish in right spot at right time of day, wait for big fish minigame to kick in, then reel it in!

The goal of Risa Adventure zone is to have unconventional fun.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 82
# 36 Starfleet Intel report
01-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Starfleet Intel indicates a massive buildup of Orion ships near the Risa system. With the sudden death of several Orion leaders at the prison Riot during the Deep Space Nine occupation. New Orion leaders might be planning a bold raid on this tropic paridise. All Federation personal on leave are warned to take a phaser with. As Orion spys might be gathering info on planet defences and ships in the area.

Thanks
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 782
# 37
01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
NO GRIND OR RISA REPUTATION SYSTEM! Are you people crazy? We have enough reputations bleeding us dry.
That's why I tried to steer it to beer. All the alcohol you can buy from vendors costs 20each. That's a small fraction of the current rep costs. And the rest you get for free from doff missions. If it happens it'll follow the same pattern, better to guide it to a low-cost model. If they see that low cost works, then the next step is a reputation that has no cost.


Quote:
My wish list:

Fly fishing: If Im going to grind the F key, make it fit. Fed or KDF can fly fish along stream for tropical fish. Make us move around up and down stream for moving hotspots. We try to catch rare fish, and turn them in at resort. By themselves they pay out good consumables, or 5 rare fish with a little zen buys something cool in z store.

For KDF, simulate The Hunt for targs or something or a big melee only fight against NPC enemies. Klingon vacation is just cooler fighting opportunities.
These two sound quite fun. Good ideas all through the post, but these two are my favorites.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 97
# 38
01-19-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't usually participate much in the forums (I had an issue, hence posting in the Gameplay Bugs) but I have seen this thread before and wanting to respond...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Klingons, and getting all of those various minigames would be my main concerns.
I have a simple answer to this I'm surprised no one has brought it up yet. Currently, KDFers can go to Risa if they achieve the required maurading rank. I suggest for the duration of the event, KDF characters who don't have that rank be permitted to enter the Sirius Sector. You can just invent some kind of reasoning, like some "temporary ceasefire" of sorts. I believe that will allow KDFers to participate in whatever summer event that is held in Risa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I assume most people have forgotten what Cryptic has said about "swimsuit" attire.

The basic problem is, based on what we were told and assuming that's still true, the costume models don't support it. Sure, the Orions show skin, but nobody else does. The models weren't designed in a way that the skin is a separate layer, so you can't just slap a bikini on top of it and hit the beach.

Could they fix that? Sure, maybe. But I doubt we'll see that anytime soon, and even if they do I imagine it would be limited to certain races at first.


All that said, I certainly support expanding all of the social areas, including Risa.
I'll be blunt...that "issue with swimsuit attire" is BS! That issue has been resolved since the Mirror universe pack was introduced way back when. Women can have swimwear like costumes just by having the TOS and Mirror universe costume pack, then mix and match (TOS mini skirt and Mirror crop shirt).

The *real* issue, I suspect, is men on the Fed side not allowed for whatever reason to show some skin (be shirtless) by some higher up in Cryptic (and supported by some players) but that particular issue has been discussed not too long ago, which turned out to be ugly (from the infamous Crop Jacket thread).

Nonetheless, if we are to have a Risa event, there should be no more excuse why men can't be shirtless. After all, look at my avatar and sig, the ability exists TODAY, and its just a matter of enabling the "bare chest" drop down in the tailor for it to happen Fedside.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91865899000&type=sigpic&dateline=13413  71862

Last edited by queetz; 01-19-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,977
# 39
01-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz View Post
I'll be blunt...that "issue with swimsuit attire" is BS! That issue has been resolved since the Mirror universe pack was introduced way back when. Women can have swimwear like costumes just by having the TOS and Mirror universe costume pack, then mix and match (TOS mini skirt and Mirror crop shirt).
I also be blunt, you just posted BS!

Like it or not the Mirror Universe uniforms are cannon, they belong as much as in the game as the Alternative Future Uniform and your distaste is noted.

Quote:
The *real* issue, I suspect, is men on the Fed side not allowed for whatever reason to show some skin (be shirtless) by some higher up in Cryptic (and supported by some players) but that particular issue has been discussed not too long ago, which turned out to be ugly (from the infamous Crop Jacket thread).
The cropped jacket was done for the lulz, its like saying the Seven catsuit should also be available for men, apparently you decided that somehow this is caused by someone being ... how can I put this ... afraid of beefcake when I see PLENTY of shirtless Orion males KDF side.

... Right because we all know the KDF is part of the Rainbow coalition and was ranked as the most LGBT friendly military organization on the Alpha AND Beta Quadrant (the Borg won in the Delta, Resistance is futile)

Yes, it turned ugly because you passing a agenda.

Also the REAL REASON THEY STATED! was because:

They have no way to RESTRICT "Risa-wear" to just Risa, they would have to code a slot to ONLY be active when in Risa, even if there are ways to do that (see the holo disguise in Doomsday Device) they are crude and offer no customization (see the holo disguise in Doomsday Device) that would mean they would not be welcomed by the players that I suspect would have no problems in trowing a fit, complain, complain, complain, BAWWWWing about it and say Cryptic is incompetence.

You choices are this, the creation of the Infamous Bikini Uniform since they have no way to restrict clothing to a particular Social Area or a half-baked solution everyone would complain about because,. its half-baked but hey programers are wizards and not talking about the the 30 year old kind type of wizard.

I give Cryptic crap when they in my opinion deserve, in this case they dont ... you people think this is just pressing some buttons and here it is, Breachware that only exists on Risa/other specific social areas and its NOT.

This wasnt coded to be Star Trek: Extreme Beach Volley and honestly if you want to play a bunch of freaking vacation minigames GO BUY A WII AND PLAY THEN or just go play some free Facebook minigames.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 01-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 97
# 40
01-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I also be blunt, you just posted BS!

Like it or not the Mirror Universe uniforms are cannon, they belong as much as in the game as the Alternative Future Uniform and your distaste is noted.
My distaste? Who are *you* to judge if something is distasteful or not. What arrogance!


Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The cropped jacket was done for the lulz, its like saying the Seven catsuit should also be available for men, apparently you decided that somehow this is caused by someone being ... how can I put this ... afraid of beefcake when I see PLENTY of shirtless Orion males KDF side.

... Right because we all know the KDF is part of the Rainbow coalition and was ranked as the most LGBT friendly military organization on the Alpha AND Beta Quadrant (the Borg won in the Delta, Resistance is futile)

Yes, it turned ugly because you passing a agenda.

Also the REAL REASON THEY STATED! was because:

They have no way to RESTRICT "Risa-wear" to just Risa, they would have to code a slot to ONLY be active when in Risa, even if there are ways to do that (see the holo disguise in Doomsday Device) they are crude and offer no customization (see the holo disguise in Doomsday Device) that would mean they would not be welcomed by the players that I suspect would have no problems in trowing a fit, complain, complain, complain, BAWWWWing about it and say Cryptic is incompetence.

You choices are this, the creation of the Infamous Bikini Uniform since they have no way to restrict clothing to a particular Social Area or a half-baked solution everyone would complain about because,. its half-baked but hey programers are wizards and not talking about the the 30 year old kind type of wizard.

I give Cryptic crap when they in my opinion deserve, in this case they dont ... you people think this is just pressing some buttons and here it is, Breachware that only exists on Risa/other specific social areas and its NOT.

This wasnt coded to be Star Trek: Extreme Beach Volley and honestly if you want to play a bunch of freaking vacation minigames GO BUY A WII AND PLAY THEN or just go play some free Facebook minigames.
That's BS and you know it! There is no reason why beachware needs to be restricted. Its all about Gender Bias. A female Fed captain can have beachware like uniform (not off duty) TODAY. Men cannot.

I'd also like to point out....yet again, that there are many other MMOs that do not require that beachware, or more accurately, shirtless male toons, be restricted in a zone. This includes sci fi MMOs such as SW:TOR (and SWG before it), as well as Cryptic's own Champions Online (and possibly Neverwinter, based on a screenshot in Massively). Its just for whatever reason, some people have this desire that STO must have some kind of restriction for males only, but for women, apparently not.

I personally have no agenda here, other than wanting an option to be able to dress my characters how I want them to (for now, I use Male Orion Boffs as a work around Fedside).

And guess what, being a shirtless starfleet officer is an intregal part of the Star Trek Lore. Kirk (prime and JJ universe), Spock, Sulu, Picard, O'Brien, Kim, Archer, Trip, Reed and so on have been shirtless in the shows and movies.

And you know what? What's wrong with the 7 of 9 catsuit for men...they have a similar outfit for sale in the TERA's cash shop apparently

Anyway, my gameplay issue has been resolved, so this will be the last I will speak of the subject (for now).

I await to see how Cryptic implements the Summer Event, and hope that they be more fair unlike that travesty with the Winter Crop jackets. If Bioware can rise above the initial gender bias of SW:TOR and treat both genders equally with regards to dress up options, I hope Cryptic can too for STO.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91865899000&type=sigpic&dateline=13413  71862
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 AM.