Ensign
# 1 Fatal Error decompressing data
01-19-2013, 01:59 PM
I constantly get this error when i try to play fed character...Fatal Error:Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

The same thing repeats again....
And then Texture_Libary/Space/Sector/sector_Gridlines_10_Circle_D.Wtex:

i can play klingon but not fed...i remember exiting in borg space the last time..

Can some1 help me?
Lieutenant
# 2
01-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domen33 View Post
I constantly get this error when i try to play fed character...Fatal Error:Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

The same thing repeats again....
And then Texture_Libary/Space/Sector/sector_Gridlines_10_Circle_D.Wtex:

i can play klingon but not fed...i remember exiting in borg space the last time..

Can some1 help me?
Hello domen33!

Please navigate to the following folder on your computer: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs

Find a file and delete it then relaunch the game. The launcher will force verify manually and not through the gui (which means it'll work). Not only will the missing file be re-downloaded, but (hopefully), any corrupted file will get fixed and this issue should no longer plague you.

Let me know if this worked and if not, I'll look at other possible solutions for you.

Jenna

Been playing since launch.
Ensign
# 3
01-19-2013, 07:29 PM
as far as fixing the issue, i have redownloaded the game 4-5 times now, deleted this folder to verify just these files (which are obnoxiously large), tried running in administrator, disabling antivirus+autoupdate etc.

If you can get this working for more than a few days, let me know too. i have an open ticket right now, as much as i don't really expect a solution to crop up after seeing that this error has plagued this game for almost 3 years now. I get my game running for a few days at the most if i am lucky, run into an erroneous texture and crash to desktop. im honestly getting frustrated redownloading the game over and over for a few days of play.
Lieutenant
# 4
01-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamur View Post
as far as fixing the issue, i have redownloaded the game 4-5 times now, deleted this folder to verify just these files (which are obnoxiously large), tried running in administrator, disabling antivirus+autoupdate etc.

If you can get this working for more than a few days, let me know too. i have an open ticket right now, as much as i don't really expect a solution to crop up after seeing that this error has plagued this game for almost 3 years now. I get my game running for a few days at the most if i am lucky, run into an erroneous texture and crash to desktop. im honestly getting frustrated redownloading the game over and over for a few days of play.
Hello malamur!

Please attempt the procedure I listed above, NOT an uninstall/reinstall of the game itself and NOT the entire piggs folder either. There is indeed a method to the so called madness listed here and I'm fairly confident that if you were to follow the above it might just work out for you. If not, then there's a much more nefarious issue going on here that's not directly related to the software itself.

Let me know how it went.

Jenna

Ensign
# 5
01-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyluve View Post
Hello domen33!

Please navigate to the following folder on your computer: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\piggs

Find a file and delete it then relaunch the game. The launcher will force verify manually and not through the gui (which means it'll work). Not only will the missing file be re-downloaded, but (hopefully), any corrupted file will get fixed and this issue should no longer plague you.

Let me know if this worked and if not, I'll look at other possible solutions for you.

Jenna
hm.....what file?
i only have bins , bins2 , bins3 , character , data , dynamic , exes , object , sound , texture , texture2 and texture 3 files in that folder
Career Officer
# 6
01-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamur View Post
Are you using a High Performance RAM set? As many of the high speed sets require higher voltage (1.65 Volts) then the motherboard default and industry standard setting of 1.5 Volt. Under-voltage of RAM can produce file corruption issues...
Lieutenant
# 7
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Are you using a High Performance RAM set? As many of the high speed sets require higher voltage (1.65 Volts) then the motherboard default and industry standard setting of 1.5 Volt. Under-voltage of RAM can produce file corruption issues...
Any file inside the piggs folder, it really doesn't matter, however, the larger the file the longer the download time.

Ensign
# 8
01-20-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyluve View Post
Any file inside the piggs folder, it really doesn't matter, however, the larger the file the longer the download time.

I'll try deleting all files in there (I will back up them though) .... I'll tell you if anything happens
Ensign
# 9
01-21-2013, 06:49 AM
I have deleted all files (5Gb) in the piggs folder and then repatched , and belive it or not it worked..... But just in case i transwarped away and from now on i'm never getting back to borg space
Ensign
# 10
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
I am having the same issue. Tried first deleting one file and then the entire contents of the piggs folder but the game has been continually crashing on the 'Cryptic' launch screen with this error. Also after the 1st attempt the file: GameClient.exe*32 stays active and unless I use task manager to force close it any repeated attempt to launch the game results in the launcher app simply displaying the word "patching" but nothing else.

My system is fairly decent: windows 7, 965 AMD cpu, 16GB ram and the HIS HD 5870 Turbo graphics card. Nothing is overclocked and the computer has run the game since launch with no problems though admittedly I haven't logged in the last couple months, but still...

Help?

Anyone?