Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
01-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
The devs had to show up anything for KDF to avoid the next large outrcry if the Ambassador would be the only 3rd annivesary gift. The Bortas was the last bad joke done to the KDF.

Seeing that the ship is only a kitbash of a K'Tinga and a Vor'Cha shows how idealess and non creative Cryptic is when it comes to KDF. So I expect medicore to low quality improvements to the KDF if even any in Season 8.
Granted its not a level One starting point, Story content that draws the KDF fan or general player into how the KDF fits into the STO backstory, more costume options or even Fleet versions of our more popular ships that we could only buy for a single module but its something they did not have to do for us fans. Its not like our large outcries have ever been that effective in the past but Im unwilling to condemn the Devs just yet.
Now if the day arrives and the vessel is obviuosly just a token effort, then they reap what they sow. Until then I will hold my praise or damnation in check.
Its better to let the feds be the ungrateful players as we know they can be when something doesnt meet thier desires.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lieutenant
# 12
01-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
You can dismiss most of those examples as smoke and mirrors, but I highly doubt the same can be said of the Friday screenshot

A new design, even if it's just a kitbash of familar canon KDF ships... certainly looks and sounds like proof that they're working on a KDF element. That's certainly a rare step-up from what we usually get
Indeed. It's not like CS has a lot to go on, when it comes to KDF ship design.

I for one find it a very attractive, if it handles anything like the K'tinga (turn rate) and also has the weapons prowess of the Vor'cha (moar aft weapons) it will most certainly be a force to be reckoned with, as well as go in my shopping cart.

I'm definitely interested in learning more about the specs and when it might be made available, definitely interested in seeing what else is in store for the KDF.

That's one small step for a Klingon, one giant leap for the Empire.
Qapla'
Captain
# 13
01-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiewooster View Post
I've just been noticing that there seems to be an increase of Klingon stuff lately. Dstahl's been hinting at stuff in the ask cryptic's, a new ship class is shown off in the screenshots, the guramba is featured, and the temporal lock box banner on the launcher features the korath temporal ship. Much more Klingon related content in a relatively short span of time than I've ever seen before in the year I've been playing this game. Coincidence? maybe...or maybe cryptic is trying to give Klingons more attention. I hope this is the case, because I'm starting to really like my KDF captain (for the first time) and I'd love to see more goodies for that faction.
You must be new here.

Dstahl does one thing consistently: Disappoint.

Dont get your hopes up on any KDF content or stuff. As they say, believe it when you see it. Its been more than 2 years and we haven't seen anything yet..but heard plenty of promises.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
You must be new here.

Dstahl does one thing consistently: Disappoint.

Dont get your hopes up on any KDF content or stuff. As they say, believe it when you see it. Its been more than 2 years and we haven't seen anything yet..but heard plenty of promises.
Well... it's more accurate to say we've gotten little compared to the promises, but nothing does sound better

Still, I think it's good that I'm not an 'expectations' sort of guy
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 01-19-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Captain
# 15
01-19-2013, 05:21 PM
If there's one thing I've discovered from playing KDF, it's to be a pessimist. It's a lot harder to be disappointed that way.
Lieutenant
# 16
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
If there's one thing I've discovered from playing KDF, it's to be a pessimist. It's a lot harder to be disappointed that way.
I dunno, pessimist just has a negative connotation to it. And, a lot of negativity here, so you might not be that far off the mark.

I've had my fair share of negativity, and being pessimistic. Nowadays, I'm 'skeptical' but look at the situation 'realistically.'

At LEAST they're talking about the KDF, putting it out there. It's like any product, if your customers can't see it, they don't know it's there, they can't buy it.

Notice how there's ALWAYS the KDF content question in the Ask Cryptic's? It's part 'there's always a consistent interest in the KDF' and also part something else. These guys don't have to answer that same question over and over, every month, but they do anyways. Kind of like, stoking the fires a bit so the coals don't die out.

Be realistic in your expectations, but don't set yourself up for disappointment, and certainly don't let that fire die out.
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-19-2013, 06:28 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bluegeek; 01-29-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I've owned a couple business's for years now and one thing I've learned is if my customers are asking for a certain item then it's good idea I provide that item because it will make me money.

Now at the start of things I can understand the Klingon faction being skimpy. The game was rushed out with the KDF uncompleted but after that it has been a deliberate choice not to finish it. Over the years we have heard one reason after another as to why the KDF can't be completed. What really made this hard to swallow was watching costumes, ships, and whatever else being created for the blue side, money/time that could've been spent finishing the KDF faction. Now I know I'm going to hear this from someone posting here and that is "Its a Business Model". The whole reasoning behind "Its a Business Model" is that since there are more players on the Fed side then that's where the money is so they get more content made for them.

Nothing irks me more than the "Business Model" excuse. Let me set the record straight, a "Business Model" it maybe but it was rigged from the beginning so its not a fair representation of said "Business Model". I'm not sure where this phrase originated but folks like to parrot it, especially on the blue side. Those that like to parrot this phrase don't get the whole circular reasoning behind the "Its a Business Model" excuse, so let me try and explain it so everyone can understand. -

Say I owned an orchard and on this orchard I planted 25 red delicious apple trees and 5 johnson apple trees. Now since I planted 20 more red delicious trees than johnson trees then the red delicious are going to be producing far more apples and are going to need more fertilizer, insceticide, etc. than the johnson apple trees. But if I would've planted an equal number of each type of tree I would've had about an equal number of harvest from each, or if I would've continued to plant johnson trees until I got to an equal number of red delicious i would've had an equal harvest from both types.

So you see by not investing into the KDF they have made it as a faction where there will be fewer players. This is where the whole circular reasoning comes in, by not developing the KDF Cryptic has made it what it is and at the same time they use the low player base as an excuse not to invest time/money into it. This kind of thinking is like a dog chasing his tail, it gets you no where. But I think that's what its purpose was to start with, keeping us chasing our tails so we won't complain and there are those who are gullible enough to fall for it. I mean all you have to do is switch the condition of the factions, does anyone actually believe if that was done that the Feds would be in any better shape than what the KDF is now?

Who is to blame? I don't know so I'm not going to be pointing any fingers. All I know is it's a messed up situation and the situation needs rectified. When I 1st heard STO was going to have a Klingon faction I decided then that the KDF was going to be the faction I joined. Unfortunately I had to wait to lvl a Fed character to 6 before I could make a KDF toon. As soon as I hit lvl 6 with my Fed I jumped on and made a Klingon and although I have a couple Fed toons I rarely play them. I associate my STO experience with the KDF side so basically I'm paying for half a faction. And if you're are paying for something you aren't recieving you have a right to complain.
Lieutenant
# 19
01-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
Who is to blame? I don't know so I'm not going to be pointing any fingers. All I know is it's a messed up situation and the situation needs rectified.
It just is what it is, unfortunate as it may be. Blame is not the game to play at this point.

The good news is, at one point the staff just wasn't big enough to support a dual-faction STO (before F2P) but that's probably not the case anymore. Several devs have gone on record stating that the size of the staff has nearly doubled since F2P. And if you look at the scale of the updates before & after F2P, they're bigger now. The Gateway, the Fleet system- these couldn't have happened under the previous business model. Neither could restoring the KDF lower-levels.

But, 20-levels of storyline content... that's a pretty big gap to fill. It will take time. But if there was ever a time the studio could handle such a workload, it's now. It's only a matter of time.'Til then, we wait, we grind rep, etc. Sucks, but at least we got something to do, even if it is basically what the Feds have too.
Captain
# 20
01-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
The devs had to show up anything for KDF to avoid the next large outrcry if the Ambassador would be the only 3rd annivesary gift. The Bortas was the last bad joke done to the KDF.

Seeing that the ship is only a kitbash of a K'Tinga and a Vor'Cha shows how idealess and non creative Cryptic is when it comes to KDF. So I expect medicore to low quality improvements to the KDF if even any in Season 8.
Kitbash or not at least it's something new. I'd expect something from the same era as the ambassador and they didn't disappoint. About the only thing they could do to kill my enthusiasm to their gorgeous new creation is give it a cruiser configuration. Give it 3 like the bortas, or give me the skin to put on my breen hybrid.

This is a Victory for the empire.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG