Commander
"Relativity Stasis Pistol and Relativity Self-Targeting Rifle have each had their DPS increased, as well as both gaining a [CrtH] and [CrtD] mod."

This was posted as one of the many things implemented in the January 17th release notes, yet these changes do not seem like they have been added, I have the pistol and the Modifiers haven't been added so I have to assume that the DPS increase hasn't been added either.
Career Officer
# 2
01-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Both are a huge disappointment.
Only thing the pistol is good for is annoying players during the Academy Event by making their hologram opponents un-killable for a few seconds.
Career Officer
# 3
01-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Only thing the pistol is good for is annoying players during the Academy Event by making their hologram opponents un-killable for a few seconds.
I'll reiterate what I said before: The Pistol needs an Sdisrupt proc (making it the only non-phaser with one) and maybe extra range. The episode where it was used, the big uses of it were disintegrating very large objects.

Now, if they want to tack on a very rare extra proc that holds (not makes untargetable but an improved phaser hold) then that's really all the "stasis" part needs to mean.

So, here's what I'd do with them:

Relativity Stasis Pistol
Rare Ground Weapon
Bind On Pickup

Values do not reflect skills or other modifiers

Beam Setting
Phaser Damage
39 Phaser Damage x2 (107 DPS)
2.5% chance: -75% runspeed (Note. Higher runspeed reduction. No stun. 4 modifier stats to make up.)
+4% Critical Chance
+20% Critical Severity
15% chance to vaporize targets that are low on health.

Stasis Beam Setting
12.7 Phaser damage (3.6 DPS)
+8 Hold
2.5% chance: -75% Runspeed
+4% Critical Chance
+20% Critical Severity
15% chance to vaporize targets that are low on health.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post

ssshhhhhh man, don't tell them my secret

I gotta steal that other anomaly.
Commander
# 5
01-19-2013, 07:45 AM
The point of this topic is about the pistol and rifle and how they werent given their update like the January 17th release notes said they would get.
Lieutenant
# 6
01-19-2013, 08:10 AM
They were given the update, although after a second patch early Friday morning (2 am EST).
Lieutenant
# 7
01-19-2013, 10:04 AM
The damage was actually increased to about one point less damage than the type 2 TOS phaser from the night of the comet mission. One of my biggest gripes about that pistol was that it was very underpowered compared to the TOS one. Mind you, it's STILL underpowered, but at least it's more comparable than before. I bought after the recent patch, but still might go back to the TOS one at this point
Career Officer
# 8
01-19-2013, 05:23 PM
I was thinking about this.

The Lobi store has Mk XII upgrades of the Tholian set, pretty close to on par with STF gear, for 150 Lobi.

Maybe what Cryptic should do is have 100 Lobi "Upgrade Kits" for the already 50 Lobi store weapons that bring them up to STF Mk XII standards. (And have a 100 Lobi upgrade kit for TOS/Bajoran/other cosmetic weapons.)

The upgrade pack for the Tholian set indicates that they value a COMPLETE Mk XII purple set at 150 Lobi plus EC.

It would make some sense to me if they had a 100 Lobi upgrade kit for the Tholian sword, whip, and Relativity weapons that either upgrades them to a full item set or makes them Elite quality Mk XII weapons.

And it creates a repeatable draw to the Lobi store if, as the game improves, they have upgrades on Lobi items for Lobi.

For example:

Say they do 11 console ships down the road. Maybe the Lobi store could sell you 11 console upgrades of any lockbox ships you own for 100 Lobi and 20k fleet credits.