Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 41
01-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
They do. The pets use a tac ability on weapons on their first ever run and then at random intervals during their combat sequence.

The pets that have short recharges do the least damage. Birds of Prey have the highest alphas and the longest timers.

Its insanely important for pets because its the one time they do real damage. 'sustained' damage is very low..heck, the voquv with only turrets does more damage than todujs or slavers.

...which is why the ship would have four hangars AND only 2 weapons fore and aft. The damage is exclusively focused on pets...which are not boosted by any tac captain ability.

It seems obvious to me you do not fly a carrier in pve or pvp.

To begin with, the carrier that knows how to use its pets (that means, it doesnt just launch them and leaves the attack order on while he flies and fights with his ship...the pets are ignored during the entire fight and act merely as damage add-ons) can and does control them closely.

Toduj fighters, if controlled properly, can deliver almost as much damage as a double wing of b'rolths in the same amount of time. Attack, recall, attack, recall... it triggers their alpha strike repeatedly when you control your pets that way. Slavers can be made to generate massive minefields with the same process.

This is the type of pet-controlling combat the fleet carrier would perform on top of using sci/eng abilities to support team and his pets.
Then apologies if pets do use alphas (as in using all they got at first attack).

No, I'm not using carriers. I'm merely launching the (blue, not advanced) peregrines off my Vesta. Using them as the "damage add-on", you mention. And even so, being one of the most basic hangars to use, they cause a lot of damage with their photon torps (that they launch continually, not only on their supposed alpha).

I'm really scared of the possibility I could do more damage with them if I really tried (attack-recall, only do that rarely). If that is possible, it makes your design even more powerful than I thought.

Honestly, the gameplay added with such a ship just doesn't fit in STO, at least not now. And I'm thankful for it, since indeed, I'm not a fan of this gameplay (I'm already annoyed by the Vesta hangar).

Lastly, I'm cautiously optimistic about the revealed Kamarag-class that will most likely be the free ship.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 42
01-18-2013, 03:32 PM
No disrespect intended man , but until you actually fly a carrier ship like the atrox or VoQuv you really have no idea what you're talking about.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 43
01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
No disrespect intended man , but until you actually fly a carrier ship like the atrox or VoQuv you really have no idea what you're talking about.
Given I already don't like the one hangar I have on the Vesta, what are the chances of me flying a full fledged carrier?

Despite the damage potential they represent, I just wouldn't have fun playing them. I have enough trouble with sci ships as it is. Having another variable to worry about is a little too much (poor Kar'fi sitting in the shipyards waiting for his chance with me, I guess).

I applaud those who can and like to command the carriers in game. I just don't see why anything with double the pets is needed when the current carriers fare so well.

Captain
# 44
01-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Again, those 'carriers' are nothing more than attack cruisers with hangar bays. They play like cruisers and use the pets as damage add-on.

A true carrier uses pets as its damage and the ship as support for pets/team. This is what's missing and i'd love to have a ship that allows it.

Very different gameplay styles. Your Vesta is basically a flight deck cruiser with a ton of super-toys on it. Your gameplay is focused on your ship with the pets as fire and forget damage add on.

If you have the resources to try it out, get a VoQuv and just load turrets on it, get yourself a full pet complement and play using the pets. You will then experience a very different trek game.

(I say turrets since they will force you to focus on using pets...the VoQuv is perfectly capable of loading full dual heavy cannons up front and being some sort of Battlestar Galactica like armed space whale).
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 45
01-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Again, those 'carriers' are nothing more than attack cruisers with hangar bays. They play like cruisers and use the pets as damage add-on.

A true carrier uses pets as its damage and the ship as support for pets/team. This is what's missing and i'd love to have a ship that allows it.

Very different gameplay styles. Your Vesta is basically a flight deck cruiser with a ton of super-toys on it. Your gameplay is focused on your ship with the pets as fire and forget damage add on.

If you have the resources to try it out, get a VoQuv and just load turrets on it, get yourself a full pet complement and play using the pets. You will then experience a very different trek game.

(I say turrets since they will force you to focus on using pets...the VoQuv is perfectly capable of loading full dual heavy cannons up front and being some sort of Battlestar Galactica like armed space whale).
I still have Age of Empires installed whenever I want to command units across a map.
I did make a couple outpost destroying raids in BSGO where I lead a bunch of people across the sectors.

I play STO to have a fully autonomous ship (with or without diverse add ons AKA hangars, special consoles) I play with.

Fine, if other people want to play STO by only directing pets around, so be it. But giving them 4 hangars to play with would overpower anything else at least in PvE, and will create more spam to slow my processors. Thus I'd rather not see it added to STO.

Career Officer
# 46
01-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
and its been posted. its basically a cross between a ktinga and a vorcha, so it will have very nice stats to be sure
More like a Cross between the K'T'inga and the Vor'Kang.
Rihannsu
# 47
01-19-2013, 05:48 PM
I honestly Don't have a problem with the new ship. It looks fantastic. I approve and I hope it has my predicted slots for ambassador.
Commander
# 48
01-19-2013, 06:00 PM
I didn't know about attack, recall, attack recall trick, usually I just relaunch, but attack, recall, attack could be used more often. Do pets Alpha strike when on intercept?

Oh and as for tac captain powers, some do help pets, such as fire on my mark and I think tactical fleet and/or tactical intiative as well. Team boosters and stuff that makes the target more vulernable to damage from any source not just the Player's ship will boost your pets damage.
Captain
# 49
01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
More like a Cross between the K'T'inga and the Vor'Kang.
Agreed. But the Vor'Kang is still the nicest (of all player ships in game, actually).