Career Officer
# 11
01-19-2013, 06:58 PM
I'd actually go beyond only aliens, and say it would be nice to have an archive of various characters. They could be minor characters, that people don't care if others use. All we'd need is the costume and a short blurb providing details about them, including any relevant history.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 12
01-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Exactly. Some authors want to share their characters such as the guy who created Helna. plus you can simply share custom uniform variations for the npcs. I think the ideal home for this idea would be the assets tab on starbaseugc. http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/cat...ugc-resources/
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 01-19-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
01-20-2013, 12:01 AM
It truly is as easy as an account where you can store the head shot files.
I use Google drives.
Captain
# 14
01-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
It truly is as easy as an account where you can store the head shot files.
I use Google drives.
In mother Russia. Google drives you. The only thing with that is not everyone would know where to find the files.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 15
01-20-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
In mother Russia. Google drives you. The only thing with that is not everyone would know where to find the files.
Indeed.
This is true.
Mainly I use the new import/export ability it to simply transfer my NPCs from one Foundry mission to another.

However, Google Drives does have a functionality where you can make files you upload available to anyone with the link, or heck , publicly available.

Another Foundry author and I have already used this, so that a pirate crew I created can appear as background characters at a large crowd scene in his mission.

It is VERY doable.
and VERY easy.

All that would need be done is to set up a Google account, and start uploading to your Google Drive.
Share the link, and make all the files publicly viewable and people can download to their hearts content.

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-20-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Rihannsu
# 16
01-20-2013, 06:01 AM
another possibility is to use STOwiki.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 17
01-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Cool. How so?

Captain
# 18
01-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
STOwiki isn't really meant to be an "image hosting site". Pics of your characters and ships are fine as long as they stay on your user pages, but that's probably it.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 19
01-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I agree, it would be nice if we could get some sort of database setup at StarbaseUGC where we can share costumes and even entire NPC profiles. I don't know that STOacademy is the right place for that sort of resource.
That's the ticket!

Career Officer
# 20
01-20-2013, 09:24 AM
What I would assume could be done would be for authors to start uploading requested costumes to whatever file sharing site they want to use, and someone starting a thread that contains the addresses for the files.

Heck if anyone out there has created a passable Captain Shon, Admiral Quinn or any of the Cryptic Characters I'd love to get access to those

I have a fair few myself.