Lt. Commander
# 101
01-15-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130105a.2

General:
Updates to "The New Link" mission:
The changeling boss, Laas, now uses the updated changeling combat sequence.
When you defeat Laas, you must capture him and place him in a container to complete the mission.
Let me take a wild guess. We will need to first purchase said container for 25,000dil

How's that mile long list of bugs coming along?
Career Officer
# 102
01-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc2011a View Post
Let me take a wild guess. We will need to first purchase said container for 25,000dil

How's that mile long list of bugs coming along?
dude, shut up, don't give them ideas
Cryptic Studios Team
# 103
01-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Actually, Bort just hooked up a DOFF assignment that will let you trade in a captured changeling for a small amount of dilithium and Espionage CXP. Should go to Tribble soon.
Rihannsu
# 104
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
I noticed I got one of those on a re-run of the 2800 series, now I know why.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Ensign
# 105
01-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]The Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher no longer triggers the cooldown reduction procs of Projectile Weapons Duty Officers.
this Plasma Launcher is already weak compared to Quantum and Photon Launchers
and now you remove this ?

this is just sad
guess have to change back to fleet quantum launchers again, and find another set bonus
instead of the romulan and omega 2 set bonus
kinda the whole reputation system sux
wasted so much money/time, for just nothing usefull in it
if you got old MACO MKXII space set before S7, no need for the reputation system

now plasma is really useless again

Z
Republic Veteran
# 106
01-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdenka1970 View Post
kinda the whole reputation system sux
wasted so much money/time, for just nothing usefull in it
I disagree, there are a couple of things that are almost universally awesome and you couldn't have had pre-S7:
- Romulan Zero-point console
- Reputation perks

You've only wasted money and time if you purchased gear before waiting for other people to review it (or for it to become testable on tribble). This is the price of being an early adopter.
Career Officer
# 107
01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Actually, Bort just hooked up a DOFF assignment that will let you trade in a captured changeling for a small amount of dilithium and Espionage CXP. Should go to Tribble soon.
That sounds awesome, especially considering its a doff mission connected to a player captain mission. More integration like this (pve missions leading to doff missions and doff missions leading to pve missions) would be very welcome.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 108
01-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Is it possible that the changes to the space sets have somehow broken the Jem'Hadar set? I had a few different ships that seemed to have turned to much since these changes hit Holodeck. The TriCobalt changes I don't understand either. Fromt he look of it, the significant increase to the Borg Cutting Beam is solely to "encourage" people to grind to want it as it deals a ridiculous amount of damage to bare hull. I guess balance went out the window with this patch.
Commander
# 109
01-21-2013, 02:58 AM
I'm sure the tricobalt was a change thanks to the few people that play pvp space. The mines could be lethal there. Of couse the tactic I saw was for 2 people to lock you down with GW/tractors and then 2-3 people to drop trico mine spreads on you. That small change is not going to affect that at all.

I had heard there was a lot of whining about the dmg they could do to a player that got caught in a mine spread.
Career Officer
# 110
01-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuruyo View Post
I'm sure the tricobalt was a change thanks to the few people that play pvp space. The mines could be lethal there. Of couse the tactic I saw was for 2 people to lock you down with GW/tractors and then 2-3 people to drop trico mine spreads on you. That small change is not going to affect that at all.

I had heard there was a lot of whining about the dmg they could do to a player that got caught in a mine spread.
Yeah, I know how that works. Some Panda dies in PvP, whines to a particular person with a yellow name, and inbound nerfs all around! It's not the first time and definitely won't be the last time either.