Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Commander
# 1 Need Advice on Space Battles
01-20-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm working on my first foundry mission. I want to keep it pretty simple (like me) while I experiment with some of my options. Right now I'm basically just using several maps, each with a pop up dialogue, reach objective, and 4 regular objectives (basic scan or transport stops). I think I mostly have that straight but here is what I'm stuck on right now.

I want to include pretty massive background space combat. I'd like to have one enemy facing a large number of other enemies but I want the single enemy to win (or at least, to not lose).

I've tried putting a Borg cube up against a couple of the weaker version groups. The cube tends to die rather quickly. If I set the cube to true combat and the other force to timid I get the outcome I want (cube survives) but there is no battle. I guess what I'm trying to do is set up a boss type battle and I can't seem to get it working. Is it even possible?

Am I missing a way to set NPC levels? If possible, it would be quite easy to set the single enemy higher and the larger group lower.

Also, while I'm here. I published what I had last night so I could get a friend to look at it for me. I received an email that said it was successfully published but I can't find it when I search. Does each mission have to be reviewed before it can be accessed. I was checking some of the sto wiki stuff and I'm not quite clear on this.

Thank you for your time.