Captain
# 21
01-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
What I would assume could be done would be for authors to start uploading requested costumes to whatever file sharing site they want to use, and someone starting a thread that contains the addresses for the files.

Heck if anyone out there has created a passable Captain Shon, Admiral Quinn or any of the Cryptic Characters I'd love to get access to those

I have a fair few myself.
Sounds like a start. Deviantart wouldnt be a bad site to host the files.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 22
01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
STOwiki isn't really meant to be an "image hosting site". Pics of your characters and ships are fine as long as they stay on your user pages, but that's probably it.
I has a vestigial database of foundry missions.... I made a partial database of Temporal Doffs.

It wouldn't really be getting used for image hosting in the traditional sense. More as a database archive. If someone uses a char they DL the pic and import to foundry. They don't really link to it.

I'm not sure if Deviantart would work. It messes with the files you upload. I'm not sure how much, but it always changes the filename, and sometimes adds watermarks. I'm not sure how the costume storage feature works, but it seems to somehow embed information in the file that isn't visible when you look at the file normally. DA would probably corrupt that data.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 23
01-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Guys , mainly because I have used it to share costume files.

Google Drives works great.
so does Dropbox.

Individual Authors should simply upload anything they are willing to share.

Its as easy as this

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4S1...tBMGFqZHc/edit

That links to my version of Commodore Jacob Ross, Commading Officer of the U.S.S. Reuben James.

I set the sharing to anyone who has the link.
You can download it.
Place it into your Screenshots folder, and then it will be available via the 'import' button in the Foundry character editor.

This can be done with any costumes.

You can even save your in game character (in the tailor) and import them into the Foundry.
You could if you wanted (and had the TOS uniforms he uses) , have Ross as one of your bridge crew. He should be available as a costume on any human male.

You could save your in game characters for use in the Foundry this way, bearing in mind that the Foundry does not have all costumes and you should save a version in a very basic costume.

Last edited by hippiejon; 01-20-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Captain
# 24
01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
I see well I added an admiral quinn to da if someone wants to try it out: http://stofoundryphiles.deviantart.c...omize%3A1&qo=1

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 25
01-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I see well I added an admiral quinn to da if someone wants to try it out: http://stofoundryphiles.deviantart.c...omize%3A1&qo=1
That's pretty good!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-20-2013, 11:25 AM
You know what's sad. I've been playing STO since open beta and when I saw that costume my first reaction was: Wait a sec, was he always a Trill? lol
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 27
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post

Looks good. How do I download from DeviantArt ?
Do I have to be a member ?
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Not entirely sure if deviantart will work. Remember these are not exactly image files. They contain all of the costume data. If the upload service changes them in any way, they may not import properly.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 29
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Not entirely sure if deviantart will work. Remember these are not exactly image files. They contain all of the costume data. If the upload service changes them in any way, they may not import properly.
I dont think you need to be a member. There is a download link on the right. Lemme know if it works.

Captain
# 30
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
You know what's sad. I've been playing STO since open beta and when I saw that costume my first reaction was: Wait a sec, was he always a Trill? lol
I forgot he was trill too...