Rihannsu
# 71
01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Um, Yes you can. I just tinkered with it and I was able to reskin Tholian units. I didn't test every type of mob, but all the ones I tested worked fine. I was able to reskin a battleship group as a Borg Diamond, and am ensign group as Boslics.hehe, he don't know me very well do he?
Its the other way round. you cant reskin a non tholian ship to look tholian or reskin one type of tholian ship to look like another.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 72
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Um, Yes you can. I just tinkered with it and I was able to reskin Tholian units. I didn't test every type of mob, but all the ones I tested worked fine. I was able to reskin a battleship group as a Borg Diamond, and am ensign group as Boslics.hehe, he don't know me very well do he?
Yes, you CAN re-skin them, I mean there are no Tholians to re-skin them as--I worded the post badly.
Survivor of Romulus
# 73
01-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Um, Yes you can. I just tinkered with it and I was able to reskin Tholian units. I didn't test every type of mob, but all the ones I tested worked fine. I was able to reskin a battleship group as a Borg Diamond, and am ensign group as Boslics.
The issue is we can't put down a single NPC and reskin it as a Tholian, and as such cannot make a traditional talk to contact. Nor can we put down a lower-level combat mob, say a gorn, and reskin them as Tholians, to lower the playable level of the mission. Nor can we put down a friendly mob and reskin it as a Tholian, so no Tholian allies.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 74
01-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Yes, you CAN re-skin them, I mean there are no Tholians to re-skin them as--I worded the post badly.
Oh, ok. I guess I misunderstood. I was thinking that you said we couldn't make tholians look like something else.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 75
01-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Ok, no friendlies, got it. Not even pulling a jabba-the-hut C3PO translator thing because invisible walls won't work? Has in the past for me... Ground only though.

Here is an official qualification question. Can we make this Tholian mission without having one Tholian in it, just references? Because I have this inkling of a spark of an idea. Asking because this will be my first challenge.
Career Officer
# 76
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta2 View Post
Ok, no friendlies, got it. Not even pulling a jabba-the-hut C3PO translator thing because invisible walls won't work? Has in the past for me... Ground only though.

Here is an official qualification question. Can we make this Tholian mission without having one Tholian in it, just references? Because I have this inkling of a spark of an idea. Asking because this will be my first challenge.
Should still be able to pull the Invisible Wall trick on the ground.

Personally , I only see the words "feature the Tholians" in it's own way that's pretty broad.
I for one would love to see a mission with no Tholian enemy mobs in the contest.
Starfleet Veteran
# 77
01-20-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Should still be able to pull the Invisible Wall trick on the ground.

Personally , I only see the words "feature the Tholians" in it's own way that's pretty broad.
I for one would love to see a mission with no Tholian enemy mobs in the contest.
Believe me when I say your vote of appreciation is reassuring. But we all know how things change because the foundry can't do it. Should anyone need a ground contact though that could be the answer. Just a very annoying number of "he said"s.
Captain
# 78
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM
I have a question that's not Tholian-related. ()

If my submission wins, it becomes a Spotlight mission. But since I didn't technically "submit it for spotlighting", do I still retain the ability to edit it?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Commander
# 79
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

If my submission wins, it becomes a Spotlight mission. But since I didn't technically "submit it for spotlighting", do I still retain the ability to edit it?
Good question!

If anyone needs a story for this challenge then give me a bell... I got four sat in my notebook.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 80
01-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post

One of the prizes is that your mission becomes a spotlight mission, but in order for that to happen, you would need to submit it. If you choose not to submit it, we wouldn't be able to spotlight it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment