# 101
01-20-2013, 04:11 PM
where to start?
complete disregard for canon
the theme song SUCKED.
the whole t'pol first vulcan in starfleet crap
the ferengi
the gorn
the antagonistic way the Vulcans were portrayed.

about the only thing I did like was the development of the andorians
Captain
# 102
01-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
How quickly people forget my signature. Not only do I enjoy fanservice I actively support it. It's just when it's disgustingly, eyeball scratchingly painful as the Decon plot things...... Gaaah!
Bolded for emphasis. Not refering to you just a few others who have citied it as a complaint. I'd be disappointed if there was none (besides...Jeri Ryan did VERY well carrying the character of Seven of Nine as she didn't let them shut her into Ms. Fanservice save for the outfit and still managed to pull off being badass...read this for a good portrayal of the character in fanfic).

EDIT: And if you want to know how much fan service I enjoy...I'll let you onto the bridge of the USS Eris and you can see all the fanservice! Which reminds me....does anyone know where I can get a ship patch siggy? Kinda want one. (Like the above post)

Last edited by raventomoe; 01-20-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Rihannsu
# 103
01-20-2013, 05:31 PM
I have to say I didn't like the decon episode at all. Does it's existence make Ent bad? no.

I actually did like the way things were handled with the Borg. The Ferengi not so much. The Borg were a followup to First Contact. A small peice of the sphere survived and caused problems.

But yeah, more of the familiar races would have been nice.... Especially Orions.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 104
01-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Also, a mass murder/ military revenge plot immediately after 9/11 using a race with a name based on the Taliban? Might have been a misstep.
# 105
01-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Also, a mass murder/ military revenge plot immediately after 9/11 using a race with a name based on the Taliban? Might have been a misstep.
I think you're confusing the Suliban and the Xindi.
Captain
# 106
01-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I have to say I didn't like the decon episode at all. Does it's existence make Ent bad? no.
I see most episodes of ENT this way. The Decon episode is just the the easiest to hate on.

Quote:
I actually did like the way things were handled with the Borg. The Ferengi not so much. The Borg were a followup to First Contact. A small peice of the sphere survived and caused problems.
I didn't. I blame Voyager for this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Also this. This did really bothered me.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 107
01-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Well.... it was culturally relevent... :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 108
01-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Well.... it was culturally relevent... :p
Just because something is culturally relevant doesn't necessarily mean its going to be good television.

Bad theme song! Bad Space Nazis! Bad show! Bad, bad show!

And I agree with someone earlier who pointed out that Enterprise didn't actually ruin the Borg by themselves. Voyager had ruined the Borg already by taking them from being the most feared thing in the galaxy and turning them into the twice-a-season-punching-bag for Janeway.

And I had totally forgotten the Enterprise Ferengi episode. That was awful.

The guy who played Shran - what a badass actor that guy is, thou. Shran, Wayoun, Brunt, and several other characters all done really well.
Captain
# 109
01-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
And I agree with someone earlier who pointed out that Enterprise didn't actually ruin the Borg by themselves. Voyager had ruined the Borg already by taking them from being the most feared thing in the galaxy and turning them into the twice-a-season-punching-bag for Janeway.
Agreed. If anything, Enterprise helped make the Borg scary again. The music for that episode was stupendous.
Captain
# 110
01-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Agreed. If anything, Enterprise helped make the Borg scary again. The music for that episode was stupendous.
You think so? With the thought of them running out of plots I didn't know whether to laugh in shame or cry out of pity.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.