Ensign
The restriction on minimum time for a foundry mission to count for the daily is really killing this game for me and my friends that (occassionally) play. I don't play a lot, and I'm in a small fleet of about a dozen players only about 5 of which put much time into the game at all. We have a Tier II starbase, which is nice but I essentially feel like I've done "everything I care to do" with the game except experiment with new and different ship builds... a lot of which is waiting on Tier IV starbase. The only reason we were able to even claw our way to Tier II was due to a couple members of the fleet not really having much time to put into the game at all, but they could log in from work or wherever really just for like 10-15 minutes once a day and do the "instant" foundry daily and make a small contribution to the fleet. Our fleet advancement has dropped to near 0 due to this change.

My question is... Who cares if there's 1 daily out there that someone can do in 5 minutes? Everyone can do it, so it really doesn't hurt anyone, but it really helps the 9-5 family players make a small during the week contribution to their fleet. This change has been 100% negative. It's stopped the "log in daily for a moment" from several of my fleet mates, which led to the next step of them not logging in on the weekends for a few hours even, so the "active in fleet" is down from 5 to about 1, since Season 7 went live. And when you're the 1, it's hard to motivate yourself to log in anymore.

So, thanks for that? Please, just lift this (pointless) restriction so I can at least get a few of my friends back to checking in here and there and maybe running an STF or two on the weekends again!

Thank you!
Commander
# 12
01-16-2013, 07:16 PM
It just seems like it could be so much simpler. Begin "Investigate" mission. Start Foundry mission. Clock begins on Foundry mission accept. Clock counts out 15 minutes. Anytime after that, the mission can be concluded for a successful Report Investigated. Goodbye Red Stamp of Death*.

*A quick check of reviews will surely be sufficient in determining if a mission lacks content to keep one busy for 15 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-16-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecallender View Post
My question is... Who cares if there's 1 daily out there that someone can do in 5 minutes? Everyone can do it, so it really doesn't hurt anyone

Thank you!
The problem is we're talking about dilithium, which is the the game's premium currency alongside zen (since you can trade them back and forth they are basically equal), and which at it's base is supposed to be a reward based on difficulty and time played. The issue with the clicky missions was they completely threw off the balance between time played and the reward given, which in Cryptic's eyes meant they were losing cash.

Best I could suggest is to have the folks who can only log in for 15 minutes focus on building up their duty officer crews. While it can be slow going depending on the available missions they pull, it CAN be a source of dilithium they can earn and contribute to the fleet. Once they max out a commendation type they can start turning the extra into fleet marks.
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
Captain
# 14
01-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Yes, Cryptic butchered the IOR mission and yes, it's a headache for players and authors alike. But for the case of the authors, if they are playtesting it through, wouldn't it be easier to release your map under an alpha title and tell people not to play it? Then, once the author is done testing, he/she re-imports the mission, calls it a new name, and posts it. The re-posted mission is essentially a new mission altogether. Problem solved.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 15
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
The importer doesn't always work. Some maps don't get copied properly

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 16
01-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
The importer doesn't always work. Some maps don't get copied properly
That might be a problem... Is it all over the board, or just in certain aspects of a mission that it doesn't copy properly?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
01-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Try it a couple times. Sometimes it works, sometimes you get a blank mission with only some of the summary text copied over.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.