Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
I just unlocked the borg prosthetic Mk XI weapons in the rep store and bought the Maintenance Drone and the secondary fire, Borg Shield Neutralizer, says "6 plasma damage over 5 seconds". That doesn't sound right. In fact, it sounds pretty useless. I asked in zone chat about it and other players said it was "a known bug". Did I just waste my dilithium on this thing?
Ensign
# 2
01-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Im pretty sure its just an error in the description... mine seems to do a lot of damage... I love it!
Career Officer
# 3
01-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Finally got around to testing it.

I was replaying the episode "Boldly they Rode" to get the Jem'Hadar ship set item and used the "Borg Shield Neutralizer" on a Jem'Hadar enemy and saw a few ticks of 1 damage each above its head. I looked at the combat log after defeating the group and sure enough, the secondary attack on this item, Borg Prosthetic - Maintenance Drone Mk XI, does what it says it does: 6 plasma damage over 5 seconds.

What's the point of only doing 6 damage? Would have been better off just leaving that part off and keeping as a shield neutralizer attack only. This weapon sucks and sucks big time. Very unhappy with it.

Here's a screen shot with it marked proving it was only doing 1 damage per tick:

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/9370/clipboard01ba.jpg
Rihannsu
# 4
01-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Did I just waste my dilithium on this thing?
Yup.

It's been like this since these weapons first appeared as a very rare drop on Defera Ground Invasion. Totally useless secondary attack and mediocre primary attack with a unique weapon design.

It sells anyway, so I wouldn't count on a fix...