Career Officer
# 11
01-20-2013, 01:48 PM
And about the OP, yeah.

One of my buddies was constantly kept placated in a 1v1.

It's only going to get worse when more people unlock it.

Once I get T4 Rom on a char, I'm not sure if I will slot it or not. It sounds like not taking it would gimp your character severely with the way things will be once it's mass adopted.

But I just hate the idea of being a cheeser.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 12
01-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
And about the OP, yeah.

One of my buddies was constantly kept placated in a 1v1.

It's only going to get worse when more people unlock it.

Once I get T4 Rom on a char, I'm not sure if I will slot it or not. It sounds like not taking it would gimp your character severely with the way things will be once it's mass adopted.

But I just hate the idea of being a cheeser.
I choose to avoid it, but the repair isn't something I think of as gimpy.
Captain
# 13
01-21-2013, 02:13 AM
This is getting out of control, I am seeing a fleet that is queing up together with 2 or more people using placate stacking builds. Getting hit by the T4 Romulan passive constantly is bad enough, but when multiple people are using CPB with the placate doff it is just ridiculous. Then they make it worse by using AMS and SS with it to.

They need to fix this so when you get hit by any confuse or placate you are immune to both for a period of time. I don't even notice getting an immunity to the t4 placate for a few seconds like we are supposed to.
Maybe new doffs should be added or some skills should be tweaked to give us a counter to all the placates to.
Captain
# 14
01-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
There's the DOFF, the OnCrit Passive, the OnBeingCrit Passive, the Rep Cloak, the KHG Shields for both KDF/Fed, Jam Sensors...Scramble Sensors...AMS...
Ok so the OnCrit passive is the Romulan t4 ability, what is this On Being Crit passive?
Career Officer
# 15
01-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
This is getting out of control, I am seeing a fleet that is queing up together with 2 or more people using placate stacking builds. Getting hit by the T4 Romulan passive constantly is bad enough, but when multiple people are using CPB with the placate doff it is just ridiculous. Then they make it worse by using AMS and SS with it to.
Christ, people sure love being pricks.

And what's sad is that without naming and shaming, we all generally know who engages in this kind of ****.

Lt. Commander
# 16
01-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
With the last season there arrived many mechanics that were rushed and poorly-tested at best. The original Tier 4 shield heal comes to mind, as do both the Embassy DOffs and BOffs (it's quite astounding that the same mistake was made twice in such rapid succession). I also think human BOffs need another look at but that's still up in the air at the moment.

By far the most frustrating aspect introduced was the Tier 4 Romulan placate. Along with the decision to introduce placate DOffs and a decoupling of the KHG shield from the exclusive purview of the KDF, we now have a situation where placates can rather easily be stacked onto one another to not only overcome the RNG but create a reliable, zero-cost defense. On top of that, there's a Tier 5 cloak toggle which passes the line of the excessive into the absurd. We didn't need cloaks on every ship before and we don't need them now.

The potential for stacking different sources is a nightmare but the placate itself is no joke either. A supposed immunity was put in place, however it doesn't appear to be functioning correctly (I've FRAPsed footage of the debuff reapplying twice in the span of ~7 or 8 seconds), and it only provides immunity for one player, meaning the rest can still be constantly placated by the thing (this also cuts short one potential counter for the placate: taking target from allies).

While irritating for players who need to keep an arc with their weapons or abilities, this nerfs pure Sci ships the most; SA breaks on the placate if you don't reacquire target fast enough. It's also just plain silly, and with all the projectiles and plasma and people dipping in and out of vision constantly, the game feels like an utter visual mess.

I urge the developers to reconsider the passives, the Romulan placate in particular. There are two solutions:

1. Disable all Reputation passives in PvP, in the same manner that TC allegedly works (I personally prefer this option);

2. Apply a real, hard-lasting immunity to the proc and lower the proc rate by an order of magnitude. It procs far, far too often for the cost it involves in taking it (none).

Best + love,

- Shim
better idea. shoot less. do more damage with real attacks. dont get placated. end discussion. please cryptic continue to punish fail builds and spacebar mashers. and continie to reward tight highpower weapon with spot on fire control. and fyi sci ships fail damage is actually hurting noobs who just want to debuff/ cc (save ur 1 dmg turrets dude)

ya dig bro? do u understand what i am saying? with only 3 or 4 points of damage contact i rarely suffer placate. yet, i am almost always placating failtard cannon spammers.

more placates yum yum. and the 1 per 10 min rom special 5s cloak is crap imho. whos happy im back to annoy you with outside the box logic and unconventional playstyle? i know iam
o
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-21-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Christ, people sure love being pricks.

And what's sad is that without naming and shaming, we all generally know who engages in this kind of ****.
actually now that i think about it, digging thru failposts by noobs is part of what made me quit this game in first place. the cpb jam doff is op now? and scramble sensors? go home or go hard, just go
Career Officer
# 18
01-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
actually now that i think about it, digging thru failposts by noobs is part of what made me quit this game in first place. the cpb jam doff is op now? and scramble sensors? go home or go hard, just go

Not by itself no, it's the combination of all of those powers that make it stupid as ****.

And I'm still here and will remain here. I didn't leave the game for MWO or other lolground games.

Lt. Commander
# 19
01-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
See...knew I was forgetting something.

Course, in talking about things that "break target" for Sci stuff - would we also want to add PSW and other shockwave things with a disable? Do the Nadeon shocks disable like that? How about the Vesta push - pushing out of range?
lets go back to 30 second viral shutting down all systems and movement. k? cya back at barbie dress up bro. guess all the hardcore true skill pvpers quit amd left the whiney babies?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Not by itself no, it's the combination of all of those powers that make it stupid as ****.

And I'm still here and will remain here. I didn't leave the game for MWO or other lolground games.
comboing powers = winning. bo _bland, trico torp, lackluster

ultimate minimax 1 shot simulstrike kills you thru rsp and tacteam? priceless