Ensign
# 21 Suggestion
01-21-2013, 03:37 AM
I can understand Wolfpack12c completely.

So here is my suggestion.
Why can't the devs return the pre STF's as it was before with storyline? That to me looks interesting and can be used by Fleets only as a raid or big Fleet mission which we all kinda miss in this game(Doing something big and challenging with Fleet members).
Or better yet bring back Crystalline Catastrophe? I would really love to do something like that with Fleet members only. What happend to that event actually?
Captain
# 22
01-21-2013, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
You are saying STFs are too easy, without providing any reasons/incentives/suggestions on improvements.
They're also not providing any proof.

Rule 200 of the internet, pics or it didn't happen.
Captain
# 23
01-21-2013, 05:26 AM
My problem with ESTFs is the NPCs have 5 skills: FAW, HYT, CRF, consoles and I win...

Perhaps if the AI was capable of simulating thought if only in the form of basic if and statements and using rather more skills with more reasonable stats it would be more challenging.
Captain
# 24
01-21-2013, 05:30 AM
Try running thwm with the gear you get right at the beginning.
Without MACO Gear or any other similar
And use PUGS and if you die let damage accumulate that should give you a challenge
Survivor of Remus
# 25
01-21-2013, 06:35 AM
I love how everyone is saying to switch to lower gear to get a challenge so show me any other game where that has to happen to get an in game challenge. So an idea is to make current elt STF's Advanced STF's and make a whole new elt stf that you can't pug for you have to be in a five man team to q for. That is one option another is to go back to pre S5 that is something I would love

Next issue is everyone is saying what to do to make a challenge which makes me believe that you all are saying its to easy as well.
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"

Last edited by wolfpack12c; 01-21-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Captain
# 26
01-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack12c View Post
So an idea is to make current elt STF's Advanced STF's and make a whole new elt stf that you can't pug for you have to be in a five man team to q for.
How about being unable to use a premade team, and you HAVE to PUG it?
Ensign
# 27
01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
You just don't and can't pug it it's only ment for those with high gear that finds Elite STFs not a challenge anymore. That's what he ment, you que for it with a team of 5 peeps, friends/fleeties.

Since no fleet will get T5 Starbase anytime soon, it's to me a nice idea to have a space mission and ground mission open for the Fleet that only fleet members can join, that should be made a bit challenging even with high gear.

(I am not saying Cryptic should do this, these are just suggestions, I hope some of the Devs are reading this and making some notes for the future, I really love this game it's my fav mmo atm. I gave up on GW2 after 2 / 3 months cuz after 8 years of WoW I am kinda fed up with fairy tale games so whent back to STO and S 6 and 7 changes just got me hooked!)

Anyway I have no idea what's in store for us in Season 8 so we might get a lot of new ground and space missions along with challenging raid missions for Fleets?
Commander
# 28
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Dammit, everything is too easy. I worked hard to get the best gear and now everything is too easy. This sucks! Why did this happen? Why does the best gear make things too easy???

/sarcOFF

What STFs need is a Super Elite mode. It will be uberly hard, designed for 5 players all with the best gear and requires cookie cutter set ups to beat. Then we can watch as no one uses it for a challenge because it's "too hard" to use to farm stuff because elite mode is far more rewarding. But for what it's worth, the game can stand such a new challenge setting now that the rep system is in place, so we wouldn't have people joining simply because they want to go straight for the best gear. They can try a public que for higher rewards, but uh, yeah. Good luck winning in PUGs. Just like No Win.
Ensign
# 29
01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
They are only easy if you have a good team... the random queues are a sure way to lose the optional since people who should be playing on normal are attempting elite without understanding the game or the missions
Ensign
# 30 Agreed
01-21-2013, 07:33 PM
6 mins 40 seconds, no deaths, 4 players for Conduit elite. We average less than 9 minutes per elite stf with all optionals succeeded.

Way too easy.

We are the wolfpack...