Career Officer
# 1 Strange zooming issue
01-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Whenever I beam back to my ship, the camera is zoomed in farther than it was when I left it. Why is the game doing this? How do I get it so the zoom will stay where I leave it?
Captain
# 2
01-21-2013, 07:14 AM
We're all having the same issue and have had for some time. Just use your mouse wheel to zoom out again. It's not a game breaking bug, it's just a small tad annoying at times but no real big deal.
Career Officer
# 3
01-21-2013, 07:37 AM
To lessen the annoyance, make an alias to reload the UI.

|alias / "ui_load"|

Then when zone and your big, fat ship is embarrassed by the camera zoom in, press |//| and it's reset to normal. I've been doing this since Cryptic 'fixed' another issue by causing this one.

You can also have it so each ship has it's own 'default' camera distance reset by |//|
Captain
# 4
01-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphe View Post
To lessen the annoyance, make an alias to reload the UI.

|alias / "ui_load"|

Then when zone and your big, fat ship is embarrassed by the camera zoom in, press |//| and it's reset to normal. I've been doing this since Cryptic 'fixed' another issue by causing this one.

You can also have it so each ship has it's own 'default' camera distance reset by |//|
Can you re-explain that? I didn't understand.
Is the Alias command line you mentioned to be typed into the chat box like other system commands? Or is this a Bind file edit?

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.