Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 366
# 21
01-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Yeah, yeah. And limit all to few builds that are not triggering placate. Lots of fun. Loooooots of fun I tell you.

Go with you "hardcore" to private matches and do not bother people who want to have some fun. Who want to spent hour or so in the game after returning from work. Before all that thing called "life" like kids, wifes, cats etc. needs their attention.

Ask Cryptic - perhaps they will make a special STO version for you with all the broken stuff being even more broken. You will have twice as much fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 225
# 22
01-21-2013, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Yeah, yeah. And limit all to few builds that are not triggering placate. Lots of fun. Loooooots of fun I tell you.

Go with you "hardcore" to private matches and do not bother people who want to have some fun. Who want to spent hour or so in the game after returning from work. Before all that thing called "life" like kids, wifes, cats etc. needs their attention.

Ask Cryptic - perhaps they will make a special STO version for you with all the broken stuff being even more broken. You will have twice as much fun.
if only......

theyd have to have permadeath as well instaedit
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,660
# 23
01-21-2013, 07:30 AM
STO's too buggy for permadeath.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 24
01-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
better idea. shoot less. do more damage with real attacks. dont get placated. end discussion. please cryptic continue to punish fail builds and spacebar mashers. and continie to reward tight highpower weapon with spot on fire control. and fyi sci ships fail damage is actually hurting noobs who just want to debuff/ cc (save ur 1 dmg turrets dude)

ya dig bro? do u understand what i am saying? with only 3 or 4 points of damage contact i rarely suffer placate. yet, i am almost always placating failtard cannon spammers.

more placates yum yum. and the 1 per 10 min rom special 5s cloak is crap imho. whos happy im back to annoy you with outside the box logic and unconventional playstyle? i know iam
o
I... SA doesn't have anything to do with your weap type. It just depends on having lock (which the placates break constantly). I don't even use energy on my Sci tubs.

Do you beat your wife too?

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,142
# 25
01-21-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
actually now that i think about it, digging thru failposts by noobs is part of what made me quit this game in first place. the cpb jam doff is op now? and scramble sensors? go home or go hard, just go
Well its not fun, and their should be doffs or abilities that give resistance or counters to placates and confuse. The system is to unbalanced currently towards these builds. You can't shoot more when your targets keep disappearing and you get focused on with no way of fighting back.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,142
# 26
01-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Christ, people sure love being pricks.

And what's sad is that without naming and shaming, we all generally know who engages in this kind of ****.
Yeah isn't it just "Beautiful" how this game is turning out.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,465
# 27
01-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Well its not fun, and their should be doffs or abilities that give resistance or counters to placates and confuse. The system is to unbalanced currently towards these builds. You can't shoot more when your targets keep disappearing and you get focused on with no way of fighting back.
I agree the CritH passive is a bit much.

But, the KHG can be mitigated by TBing 1 target for allies to shoot while you shoot at another.

The others are clearable by Sci Team which can be reduced to 15 second cooldown w/Doffs if you really wanted or mitigated by zooming in so you only see 1 target.

The only issue I had w/SS was when it was reported scrambling a target allowed the scrambled target to see cloaked allies. I didn't mind the hopping abilities (which can now be mitigated by using F1 1st and/or zooming in so you only see yourself), and never actually experienced the jumping evasives.

Iirc there's a resistance option to the duration via skills.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,662
# 28
01-21-2013, 10:12 AM
the rep system placate occurs when YOU crit your target. it has nothing to do with flying an all cannon DPS hose. and it happens every 12 seconds, because its easy as hell to have 20% crit chance anymore
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 29
01-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
better idea. shoot less. do more damage with real attacks. dont get placated. end discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the rep system placate occurs when YOU crit your target. it has nothing to do with flying an all cannon DPS hose. and it happens every 12 seconds, because its easy as hell to have 20% crit chance anymore

Yes, "shoot less" doesn't actually help vs. that particular placate.

Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 295
# 30
01-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm confused, which isn't saying much , I thought there was only the Sensor Officer/Jam Sensor Doff that affects placate. Which Doff does the same for CPB and what does it do exactly?

Also doesn't SS have an immunity effect after use thereby limiting it's effectiveness?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 PM.