Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 21
01-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Until they give a person a reason to go to the bridge on a regular basis there will not be enough traffic to make it a priority.
That's not a license to keep charging money for a broken product.
Rihannsu
# 22
01-21-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhandler View Post
I just spent 800 Zen on two bridge packs one was the Sovereign and the other was the Emmisary pack. I was very disappointed to find out that most of the bridge officers are not even sitting in the seats right and some are even half way into the floor. This was a lot of zen for a product that is below par of what is expected of an item when paid for with zen. I just wanted to warn others before they made the same mistake. I wouldnt think it would be to hard for them to make a few adjustmeants and the npc placement would be fine but I do not see them taking this kinda of time to work on them. Love the game but do not like to be sold a product that is not to standers of what the other bridges are that can be purchased.
Um..... That's normal for ship bridges. the only ones that don't have this issue are one where they're standing. it used to be that consoles were manned by duplicate BOffs. Hehe.... yeah most if not all bridges used to do this thing where they'd show your BOffs in multiple locations simultaneously.

But yeah, bridge packs are like costume packs, except that no one can see them unless they're on your ship. I got a few that looked cool, but not that many.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 23
01-21-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
The devs have gone on record, IIRC, saying that VERY few people ever use their bridges.
With the scale being way off, terrible use panel graphics, NPCs that don't share your crew uniform, bugs with seating, no real use for them beyond RP etc. how can they blame people for not using them?

"We sold a crap product that no one uses, so we won't spend the time to fix them."

That doesn't wash. People paid for them.

Last edited by valoreah; 01-21-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Rihannsu
# 24
01-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
With the scale being way off, terrible use panel graphics, NPCs that don't share your crew uniform, bugs with seating, no real use for them beyond RP etc. how can they blame people for not using them?

"We sold a crap product that no one uses, so we won't spend the time to fix them."

That doesn't wash. People paid for them.
bridges are cheap..... and honestly.... the issues are minor cosmetic stuff.

I wish they'd let us have mail/bank access on our bridge again...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
01-21-2013, 06:01 AM
@valoreah

I understand your frustration. These issues are over 2 years old. Sto is very different now. The ship interiors are legacy. The function bridges are the ones that came with the bundle packs or premium ships. Those were only released over the course of the past year.

These bridge packs are a legacy product of a bygone era of the pre-s3/s4 8 month content drought that cryptic can't go back on. The way they handle bridges now is different then how they were and the only way for them to fix it is to literally remake every bridge. Until they get enough traffic on the bridge that will not change. the last attempt to try to bump traffic was with the doff contacts. Most doff contacts are no longer needed as long as you can access them from the department head tab or from the fleet starbase. Only extreem dofferes will still go there regularly for things like alien artifacts.

Since people have bought them they have to leave them accessible in the c-store.
Commander
# 26
01-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
That's horrible. I hope Cryptic fixes those bridges.
I certainly wouldn't hold my breath on that.

Believe it or not, this has been a subject of discussion since 2010. The only movement we got on the issue was the addition of the TOS interior, and the Defiant/Belfast interior, which are very nicely done and much better than the other bridges. Oh, and the timeship bridge and the Odyssey bridge. But, those are locked to particular ships, so not much use unless you fly those ships.

However, we've been told that to redo these bridges would take way too much time, effort and money. We've begged the devs, pleaded with them. Some even tried bribing them...I think, can't be too sure on that...anyways, as you can see, it's now 2013, 3 years after launch, and we're just not seeing the work getting done.

Its quite obvious that this is considered a non-issue by the devs, and don't expect the status to change anytime soon.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Career Officer
# 27
01-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
bridges are cheap..... and honestly.... the issues are minor cosmetic stuff.
It doesn't matter if it's $1 or $100 dollars.

So long as you keep making excuses for Cryptic, the practice of selling broken products for real money will continue. If you've no problem throwing money away, I'm happy to take it off your hands.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-21-2013, 08:06 AM
This is why I asked someone if they could invite me to their bridge so I could see it before purchasing.
# 29
01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Bridges would probably sell a lot better if Cryptic would provide us with a decent number of missions which play only or for a large part on player ships instead of random planets.
Rihannsu
# 30
01-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It doesn't matter if it's $1 or $100 dollars.

So long as you keep making excuses for Cryptic, the practice of selling broken products for real money will continue. If you've no problem throwing money away, I'm happy to take it off your hands.
Excuses? It's the truth. Unrealistic expectations aside, you got what you paid for...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!