Starfleet Veteran
# 11
01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Could've been worse: imagine the clothes had also de-evol...de-devel...whatever back into the material the fabric was made of (probably cotton) and Picard had stood there with cotton bolls all over him.
If it were 50% polyester it could have been slimy/oily cotton balls. Lets not even think about wool. (BAAAAA)
Career Officer
# 12
01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
If it were 50% polyester it could have been slimy/oily cotton balls. Lets not even think about wool. (BAAAAA)
Hadn't thought about oil...he would've looked like a human dalmatian then...only in reverse

I just remembered a plot-hole from "Tuvix":the two were merged because of the plant...which was gone.
Doesn't that mean they/he were/was Tuvik, Neelix AND the plant?
Shouldn't they have had petals coming out of their head or something?
Ensign
# 13
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
Thank you , Brandon.

As one of the other posters commented, it seems as though this is an opportunity for STO. Something to consider. Peace.
Rihannsu
# 14
01-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
But character merging is canon.
You see kids.. this is why you don't give the Fusion Ear Rings, or teach the Fusion Dance, to Star Trek Writers..

They gets Ideas..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 15
01-22-2013, 03:00 AM
the plant was woven into the clothes, thats why the pattern was a subtle flowers rather than the louds patterns Nelixs wore
-----------------------------------------------

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
At least they changed the cloths in this one. When I look at tng:Rascels when they shrink the clothes are baggy and over sized yet when they reverse the process they have properly fitting clothes when small and back to big.
Yup, perfect opportunity to have Ro in a VERY tight outfit... oh-well, off to the internet to see what that outfit might have been covering.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
When I read the thread title, I was picturing this as the canon reference of choice.

Ok, I know, I know, turn in my Trekkie Card, but I don't recognize this... What is this from?
This is from Star Trek the motion picture. It's from the scene where Decker and Ilia (V'ger) meld together.

Commander Spock: V'Ger must evolve. Its knowledge has reached the limits of this universe and it must evolve. What it requires of its god, doctor, is the answer to its question, "Is there nothing more"?
Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: What more is there than the universe, Spock?
Commander Willard Decker: Other dimensions. Higher levels of being.
Commander Spock: The existence of which cannot be proven logically. Therefore, V'Ger is incapable of believing in them.
Captain James T. Kirk: What it needs in order to evolve... is a human quality. Our capacity to leap beyond logic.
Commander Willard Decker: And joining with its creator might accomplish that.
Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.: You mean this machine wants to physically join with a human? Is that possible?
Commander Willard Decker: Let's find out.
HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.

Last edited by giarana; 01-22-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot... ;)
Captain
# 18
01-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
But character merging is canon.
Best answer ever.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.