Career Officer
# 1 Things to watchout for!!
01-21-2013, 12:07 PM
I started this thread to get people to report things they find so no one looses out on messed up or item traps.

I have to start off with the Borg cutting beam, even though it never says its a unique item, it will allow you to only use one per ship. So consider this when spending your hard earned mats. My plan was to have 2 torps forward and back, then use 2 cutting beams, but it wont allow you. (edited)

Please share anymore item traps you find, to help others out. -Cat

Feel free to visit me at my website, I can help lighten the mood. =^.^=
http://catstarsto.com

Last edited by catstarsto; 01-21-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
01-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
Also the Omega Plasma topedo XII that completes the new Borg set, its another money pit, you only get 5 and they are consumable.
http://catstarsto.com
Having purchased this already I can tell you that its 5 and they recharge, the new Omega Torpedo is based on an ammo system. You have five "loads" when you finish them they recharge over time
Being first at any cost is not always the point.

Last edited by laetans1; 01-21-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Updated Number of Torps
Captain
# 3
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Anything that is part of a set is unique per ship, but not unique per character. So you can have 2 cutting beams, but only one per ship. This is so that a person can't have 3 cutting beams on a ship and get all the set bonuses.

The Omega Plasma Torpedo is not a consumable. It has 5 charges that can be used for torpedoes, but they can be recharged. So you can fire a torpedo once per second and after they are all used up, then you have to wait for a charge to appear.
Career Officer
# 4
01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the info, I thought I was HAD again when it said consumable. Whats the cool down?

PS: Im glad I posted this, I was afraid to use em ^^'
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the info, I thought I was HAD again when it said consumable. Whats the cool down?

PS: Im glad I posted this, I was afraid to use em ^^'

The omega launcher can fire its five charges back to back without having to worry about the global cool down. It takes six seconds to reload one charge, but you can fire it immediately after it recharges one charge.

All in all, it is a very good buy. Love it. Its High Yield torps can (and do) rival tricobalts (Especially on bare hull, or even through low shield facings in some cases.)
"Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
Elim Garak
Captain
# 6
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
This is a long shot, but... I'm guessing you have a thing for cats, right?
Career Officer
# 7
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Also the Omega Plasma topedo XII that completes the new Borg set, its another money pit, you only get 5 and they are consumable.
Lol what.
----
Captain
# 8
01-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csgtmyork View Post
The omega launcher can fire its five charges back to back without having to worry about the global cool down. It takes six seconds to reload one charge, but you can fire it immediately after it recharges one charge.
Not quite. They fire at the torpedo GCD (about 1.5 seconds). You don't fire off five torpedoes simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csgtmyork View Post
All in all, it is a very good buy. Love it. Its High Yield torps can (and do) rival tricobalts (Especially on bare hull, or even through low shield facings in some cases.)
Unfortunately, most of it's utility is now destroyed since it was decoupled from projectile weapons doffs. It has a decent dot, but for the most part it can be, and is, outperformed by almost every other torpedo out there. The only time I'd recommend using it would be to get the Omega 2-piece ability if you (for some reason I can't fathom) would rather not use the KCB.
Rihannsu
# 9
01-21-2013, 02:02 PM
you might want to edit the opening post about the borg launcher now, otherwise people are going to read that and either correct you for the next 10 pages or think you are right and be misinformed themselves.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 10
01-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
This is a long shot, but... I'm guessing you have a thing for cats, right?
The cat theme has been a running joke for the last couple of years. :3
Closed Thread