Empire Veteran
# 11
01-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Custom ground maps are doable, on exterior maps, but you'll have to create everything from scratch. I would advise you to start with a platform, then add the walls you want using the grid to help you work faster, copy/paste your walls, make a room or two, select all the walls on your map, and choose the Y. Then the hard work will start. Add props, npcs, stuff, and use another platform tomake the roof.

I'm currently working on an exterior customized map with a building with two floors right in the middle (no map change, the building is fully integrated to the map). It's way harder if you do this, it requires a lot more work, since you can't use cheap workarounds to make it look ok from the inside only, and so far i'm rather successful, but such a map can be 10-20h of work. In this case, you have to make sure everything looks fine from every possible perspective, which means closing every little hole, dealing with completely inadequate assets and reluctant walls, dealing with the lack of props, etc.

Last edited by diogene0; 01-21-2013 at 02:01 PM.