Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 97
# 21
01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
It's not a bug, you can't drop them because there's no way to reclaim them if you did.
Humm.... Then we have 2 bugs!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,022
# 22
01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
That's not true, you can start those missions at any time with NPC that gives them which are not hard to find btw.

Anyways I was looking for a way to get the 32k dil and 750rom marks easily (I have five t5 toons), I'm kind of surprised people are not jumping at the opportunity before the whole thing is nerfed.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 23
01-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Anyways I was looking for a way to get the 32k dil and 750rom marks easily (I have five t5 toons), I'm kind of surprised people are not jumping at the opportunity before the whole thing is nerfed.
You have to redo the mission from T4, AFAIK. This is only from what I've heard in various in-game chat channels though, not there personally yet (I like to take things at my own pace. Enjoying the content appeals to me more than being among the first few people to complete something ).
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,022
# 24
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM
@dma1986,

I found out reaching t4 is not enough to get the rewards. If you don't have the mission "Secret of the Ancients" in your progress bar you won't get the cutscene which hands out the huge rewards. So basically you play Power source, then you make sure the last room is cleared and saved 2 consoles from overloading, then play the cutscene by contacting D'Tan. Filing the report at the end hails Admiral Quinn who gives you the rewards (32k dil, 750 Rom marks, 60k expertise and 40k ec).

Edit: I forgot to mention that "Secret of the Ancients" is automatically given to you upon reaching t5 romulan reputation.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 01-21-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 97
# 25
01-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
@dma1986,

I found out reaching t4 is not enough to get the rewards. If you don't have the mission "Secret of the Ancients" in your progress bar you won't get the cutscene which hands out the huge rewards. So basically you play Power source, then you make sure the last room is cleared and saved 2 consoles from overloading, then play the cutscene by contacting D'Tan. Filing the report at the end hails Admiral Quinn who gives you the rewards (32k dil, 750 Rom marks, 60k expertise and 40k ec).

Edit: I forgot to mention that "Secret of the Ancients" is automatically given to you upon reaching t5 romulan reputation.
OMG 3 Bugs!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 846
# 26
01-21-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
Why I need to ignore a game bug?

If you choose ignore, is your choice, my choice is report it to developers and post on the forum. I can respect your choice, can you respect mine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
It's not a bug, you can't drop them because there's no way to reclaim them if you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
Humm.... Then we have 2 bugs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
@dma1986,

I found out reaching t4 is not enough to get the rewards. If you don't have the mission "Secret of the Ancients" in your progress bar you won't get the cutscene which hands out the huge rewards. So basically you play Power source, then you make sure the last room is cleared and saved 2 consoles from overloading, then play the cutscene by contacting D'Tan. Filing the report at the end hails Admiral Quinn who gives you the rewards (32k dil, 750 Rom marks, 60k expertise and 40k ec).

Edit: I forgot to mention that "Secret of the Ancients" is automatically given to you upon reaching t5 romulan reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
OMG 3 Bugs!
At this point, it's abundantly clear that if the way the Reputation Tier Progression doesn't fit lordhook's playing style precisely, he will consider it a "bug".

A "bug" is an "unintentional" software error or peculiarity.

This situation where you have to play through the Tier cutscene missions once in order to "submit" progression reports (and stop them from showing up in your Mission Tracker) is an intentional design feature i.e. the devs WANT you to do them.

It's fine if you don't like the missions, but calling it a "bug" is merely shifting blame to (blameless) devs.

Play them and get over it already.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,304
# 27
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
OMG 3 Bugs!
The inability to drop your cutscene missions is NOT a bug.
As these missions are tied to achieving Reputation Tiers, they have no "contact" in game that can give them to you again, if you dropped them.

This is not a bug.
It's there to protect you.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,107
# 28
01-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
The inability to drop your cutscene missions is NOT a bug.
As these missions are tied to achieving Reputation Tiers, they have no "contact" in game that can give them to you again, if you dropped them.

This is not a bug.
It's there to protect you.
Agreed. If you dropped those missions, you wouldn't be able to experience the story or more importantly, progress through the Romulan tier system.

I suggest, lordhook, that you just deal with it - it's intentional, and it's definitely not a software programming mistake.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,022
# 29
01-21-2013, 09:30 PM
I never thought someone would complain about free dil/rom marks. Yeah you do a 10 min mission 32000 dilithium? Holy crap, jump on it you crazy!
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
Fed Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 01-21-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,432
# 30
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
I never thought someone would complain about free dil/rom marks. Yeah you do a 10 min mission 32000 dilithium? Holy crap, jump on it you crazy!
yeah AHHA and take 4 days to refine all that ore XD unless you get it refined already O_o....nah..that only happens with the Exchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 AM.