Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 25
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by branmakmorrn View Post
Now, I'm not making any excuses for the team here, I'm just trying to look at the situation realistically. Just as much as KDF players are in a bind without those levels, the dev team must be in a bind trying to get them ready and bug-free while putting out dual-faction content and new Fed shinies to keep revenue coming in.
There's one thing that would put the eternal cycle of broken promises to rest: lay out the complete and total framework of their plan to "complete" the KDF. Put everything on the table, every projected piece of content, every subsystem being considered, and be open and honest about time to completion, unexpected hiccups, licensing problems etc. Call it the "Road to Qo'nos" or some other suitably tacky project title.

It's my view that the vast majority of folks who are invested enough in the KDF are reasonable people who, if they are treated as competent adults, and shown a modicum of respect and honesty (as opposed to round after round of marketing speak and broken promises) would probably be more than willing to bear with Cryptic if they're shown an ongoing dialogue and flow of information.

Of course we all know that's never going to happen...