Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Guest Blog: Role-playing
01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
The Trust, a role-playing Fleet in STO, has written a Guest Blog that shares details about how you can become involved with the role-playing community in-game.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Curious how they RP their ship exploding and 400 crew dying?

They must, I assume, delete and re-roll their toon?
Career Officer
# 3
01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post

Iconians. Or crazy temporal mish-mash wibbly-wobbly alternate universes.

(I have no idea)

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-21-2013, 12:35 PM
I heard about a good place to RP from some friends in my fleet. I've never been able to find a good place to RP here, until they told me. It opens up for some fun stories, especially if you made one with your character's backgrounds.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 5 odd
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
It is odd to RP the horrid demise of your crew
Captain
# 6
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The Trust, a role-playing Fleet in STO, has written a Guest Blog that shares details about how you can become involved with the role-playing community in-game.

Link to the blog.
When the General Manager decided to ignore the trolls, the role-playing craze on Drozana was quickly brought to an end. As a result of activist players discriminating against the practice, (harassing role-players with various snowballs, extinguishers, and standing in protest), the role-players on Drozana had no choice but to go into hiding.

I can only guess at how many reports were ignored.

*shrugs*

I love the video attached to the article.

Regardless about what type of role-playing you are involved with, I am in full support of everyone within the community.

We just need more cross-faction social zones.

Last edited by linyive; 01-21-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Great blog and a nice introduction to the concept of roleplay on the Holodeck shard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresincebeta View Post

When the game blows up my starship, I just assumed it was disabled and ignored by my adversary long enough for my heroic crew to restore systems. Or maybe we were towed from the battlefield? Maybe no one died at all. Or maybe a Bridge officer died when the player chose to replace them with a better quality mission reward? What's nice about roleplay is that the possibilities are endless.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Career Officer
# 8
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I just had to say that I really enjoyed watching that video, it was very nicely done.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Captain
# 9
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Spamming public game chat is not a hobby. Public roleplay is ridiculous, and really quite rude.

Fleet is totally different. Use your own channel as you see fit, I say. More power to them, and enjoy yourselves.

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 01-21-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Captain
# 10
01-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Spamming public game chat is not a hobby. Public roleplay is ridiculous.

Fleet is totally different. Use your own channel as you see fit, I say. More power to them, and enjoy yourselves.
So...it's okay to have completely idiotic arguments about how your gorn line is better than the other guy's breen line, but god forbid somebody tries to RP in public.

Hypocrisy much?