Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,144
# 101
01-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
New generation of Klinks or what?
In many games, where a "person" perceives the other side as OP - they will roll a toon on that side to take advantage of it. However, they are the same "person"...so they'll complain regardless.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 102
01-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
OP BoP you say ....that BS.I dont pvp against kdf because last time I did my ship and half of the maps turned invisible ( i have a high end pc with dual graphics cards and game installed on ssd so i cant blame my pc) from so much theta ,siphons and other 10 billions things summoned.Im not even saying kdf have op (they lost in that match ) things or feds have op things...this game engine was not made for so much s*** summoned at the same time.
And people don't believe me when I complain about spam and theta and warp plasma killing my GPU. I play on integral graphic card, not some gaming model so you can imagine what happens when there is a carrier or too much plasma/theta in a match.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,409
# 103
01-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
And people don't believe me when I complain about spam and theta and warp plasma killing my GPU. I play on integral graphic card, not some gaming model so you can imagine what happens when there is a carrier or too much plasma/theta in a match.
sadly though, not all games should be played on all systems. :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 104
01-21-2013, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
OP BoP you say ....that BS.I dont pvp against kdf because last time I did my ship and half of the maps turned invisible ( i have a high end pc with dual graphics cards and game installed on ssd so i cant blame my pc) from so much theta ,siphons and other 10 billions things summoned.Im not even saying kdf have op (they lost in that match ) things or feds have op things...this game engine was not made for so much s*** summoned at the same time.
Ah, so you're using graphical spam as an excuse? Graphical spam that's visible for both sides if it's visible for one of them

I'd also question your "high end" PC's capabilities considering I play with high settings on a laptop with hardly any issues*, but that's probably a matter for another thread.

*The only time I get any significant problems is when I'm in a small ship being peppered with feedback pulse (and even then it's more a matter of not being able to see where I'm going than suffering FPS dips) and the massive white streaks in Red Alerts.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,390
# 105
01-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
And people don't believe me when I complain about spam and theta and warp plasma killing my GPU. I play on integral graphic card, not some gaming model so you can imagine what happens when there is a carrier or too much plasma/theta in a match.

They probably can't believe you're playing on an integrated graphics card!
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 106
01-21-2013, 07:11 AM
And what is so strange about it. Its not IntelHD but some Radeon Can play TOR on pretty decent setting, why can't play STO? It's not my fault that scalability of this game is fraked up. For MMO this thing is pretty hostile for GPUs.

Anyway. As long as there is cheese a long FvK will be dead. Get rid of it, and it will be alive again. There were quite a lot of people playing FvK PUGs before first consoles and spam (an subsequent proliferation of WH40k carrier). It's just that after Klinks started to spam the **** out of every orifice in their bodies that FvK got empty.

And now Feds do the same.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,392
# 107
01-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
And what is so strange about it. Its not IntelHD but some Radeon Can play TOR on pretty decent setting, why can't play STO? It's not my fault that scalability of this game is fraked up. For MMO this thing is pretty hostile for GPUs.

Anyway. As long as there is cheese a long FvK will be dead. Get rid of it, and it will be alive again. There were quite a lot of people playing FvK PUGs before first consoles and spam (an subsequent proliferation of WH40k carrier). It's just that after Klinks started to spam the **** out of every orifice in their bodies that FvK got empty.

And now Feds do the same.
Try running 1/2 visual resolution, zooming out when theta/ewp are used, disabling pets et al from UI.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,392
# 108
01-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Well, no.

The Bortasqu and Ody 3 pack consoles, the Gal-X & Defiant-R Cloak consoles, The MVAE MV Module, the HEC Photon Torp Console, Regent Metreon gas, etc.

These are all consoles that are only useable by the ships they come with and no other - and these were specifically called out at the time saying they would not be proliferated (and that probably also means they will never be proliferated within their own faction either, you'll never use the photon torp console from the HEC on the Ody for example).
Vet ship console, Karfi Phase console are others. Though I thought they changed the photon torp access, though that may have just been torp type.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 109
01-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Ah, so you're using graphical spam as an excuse? Graphical spam that's visible for both sides if it's visible for one of them
I dont care what the other team sees .If something like lag (from time to time you should play the game from Europe) or ship turning invisible is acceptable for you is not my problem.
I played Eve online whre you can have more massive pvp battles than STO and I never complained ....probably in your little world you think I said what I said because I have nothing better to do ..

Fact: this game has a s*** UI which lags alot (you can test that by removing UI ),bad server connection for EU players and graphical engine not optimized for all the s*** you can spawn at the same time.

II said what happens and many people reported the same thing.Now we are all crazy and want an excuse for some unknown reason to not play against other players...your logic is fascinating.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
I'd also question your "high end" PC's capabilities considering I play with high settings on a laptop with hardly any issues*, but that's probably a matter for another thread.

*The only time I get any significant problems is when I'm in a small ship being peppered with feedback pulse (and even then it's more a matter of not being able to see where I'm going than suffering FPS dips) and the massive white streaks in Red Alerts.
So a amd 7970 and a i7 cpu is now not enough ?

I make and sell PCs as a daily job so probably I dont know how to update drivers and keep the OS clean or maintain a PC.

Last edited by adrianm63; 01-21-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 822
# 110
01-21-2013, 02:33 PM
One of the main reasons I almost never do FvK as a Fed nowadays is due to how bad Fed pugs are. The KDF standard of pug is just so much higher.

For starters when a RP KDF player picks his fav ship that's closest to how his favourite Trek portrayed Klinks, chances are it's a high damage dealer. Meanwhile when a Fed player picks similarly, chances are it's a cruiser that they'll try to turn into a DPS dealer. End result is a team of heavy damage dealers vs no-threat lumbering targets.

Next is the fact that the KDF pugs in FvK are just more skilled on average. This is hardly surprising as the more experienced Fed PvPers have just been scared off by all the KDF cheese.

I still play FvK a lot, but only on my Klink. To be honest it's rather boring how easy it is.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 PM.