Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 225
# 31
01-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the rep system placate occurs when YOU crit your target. it has nothing to do with flying an all cannon DPS hose. and it happens every 12 seconds, because its easy as hell to have 20% crit chance anymore
actually if u did fly cannons instead of how i play ud get this placate more. lame oh well
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,475
# 32
01-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
actually if u did fly cannons instead of how i play ud get this placate more. lame oh well
With all the boosts to CritH it may fit your playstyle better in terms of placating a target in the short window you're decloaked. Even a Turret or 2 should do the job anymore. Still, you'll have to account for all the hull/shield passive repairs added via consoles/rep system which trigger on CritH.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 33
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
actually if u did fly cannons instead of how i play ud get this placate more. lame oh well
the placate from the shield is nothing compared to the tier 4 rep placate. the person with that passive needs only deal a crit, and they have like a 20% chance to cause a placate on the person they are shooting at, with an i think 12 second immunity afterward. its now possible to get inate crit chance near 20% without using any crtH mods on weapons, so basically anyone with this passive is causing this placate exactly every 12 seconds.

basically CRF from the passive haver = placate city, it makes dueling someone with it a complete farce. you cant see them and you cant see their incoming fire. 2 seconds out of your 10 second cannon attack is a loss of 20% of your damage dealing, maybe you end up throwing your torps or BO at something else when it switches you targets. not only does it make it extremely hard to deliver effective damage to someone, its another layor of tractor immunity. any over time ability you put on someone is instantly ended.

out of all the horrible things they have added, this is the worst. most of my builds could exploit the hell out of this with all my crit maxing, but i choose not to use it on principle
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 34
01-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
basically CRF from the passive haver = placate city, it makes dueling someone with it a complete farce. you cant see them and you cant see their incoming fire. 2 seconds out of your 10 second cannon attack is a loss of 20% of your damage dealing, maybe you end up throwing your torps or BO at something else when it switches you targets. not only does it make it extremely hard to deliver effective damage to someone, its another layor of tractor immunity. any over time ability you put on someone is instantly ended.
For what it's worth, i tested this 1 on 1 and it didn't have a devastating impact on the match. yes it interrupted skills like Tb but what happened most times is my ship would blink and they would immediately lock back on to me. Of course in a fight with more players or with lots of spam like fighters and photonic fleet it would be different. Just saying.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,737
# 35
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulinu2 View Post
For what it's worth, i tested this 1 on 1 and it didn't have a devastating impact on the match. yes it interrupted skills like Tb but what happened most times is my ship would blink and they would immediately lock back on to me. Of course in a fight with more players or with lots of spam like fighters and photonic fleet it would be different. Just saying.
Well my friend went up against one of the better players who had this placate, and he could barely target him every 3 seconds or so.

It is ridiculously OP. Not everyone runs hit-and-run Raider setups or so, so they'll be constantly getting placated when trying to target people.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 01-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 92
# 36
01-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
1. Disable all Reputation passives in PvP, in the same manner that TC allegedly works (I personally prefer this option);
*Chokes on tea!*

Bleeding heck! This is unbelievable! What will you people come up with next!
I'm the guy that uses unconventional builds, and don't fall to the normal. I also don't believe in "No-BS" crap, it's in the game, it's ready to be used. Think Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 108
# 37
01-28-2013, 08:22 AM
"Sensor Targeting Assault will now properly apply a 12-second Placate Immunity effect to the target after it expires."

So every 30 seconds (assuming you crit a lot) that's 6 secs placated and 24 seconds of ="Placate Immunity."

Has anyone tested if this "Placate Immunity" resists ALL in game placates:
-Jam Targeting Sensors
-Charged Particle Burst 6 second placate (60% chance with 3 purple doffs)

Or is it just the T4 Passive (Sensor Targeting Assault) that you become immune to for 12 seconds.

I am wondering if I should bother including Jam/CPB plactes in my build if pretty everyone is almost continuously placate immune thanks to the ridiculously OP T4 passive.

Thanks
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 38
01-28-2013, 08:27 AM
After 2 months break, I must say, those placates are a little "unfun". I would also vote for disabling rep passives in PvP.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 39
01-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkor2010 View Post
"Sensor Targeting Assault will now properly apply a 12-second Placate Immunity effect to the target after it expires."

So every 30 seconds (assuming you crit a lot) that's 6 secs placated and 24 seconds of ="Placate Immunity."

Has anyone tested if this "Placate Immunity" resists ALL in game placates:
-Jam Targeting Sensors
-Charged Particle Burst 6 second placate (60% chance with 3 purple doffs)

Or is it just the T4 Passive (Sensor Targeting Assault) that you become immune to for 12 seconds.

I am wondering if I should bother including Jam/CPB plactes in my build if pretty everyone is almost continuously placate immune thanks to the ridiculously OP T4 passive.

Thanks
If I recall, the immunity is a buff you can see on your target, and it says Sensor Targeting Assault immunity.

It's been awhile since I looked, but I thought it gave a specific immunity to the T4 passive.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,227
# 40
01-28-2013, 09:42 AM
I've been watching this thread, just FYI. It's obviously a point of concern for PvP, but we'd like to see about addressing it in a way that won't have a negative impact on the PvE usefulness of these abilities.

How would this community feel about a global Placate immunity period being put in place, after being on the receiving end of any of these procs? And if that sounds reasonable, what sort of duration would be expected on such an immunity buff?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:36 PM.