Career Officer
# 21
12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahl View Post
Borderlands Defense Initiative

We're a small casual fleet built around life on a space station on the federation/cardassian/klingon border (which actually does connect up at a point). Occasional episodic missions, but once again the key word is casual. Most everything is player driven and/or optional. And multiple ship play, thus allowing more significant positions for more people doing more things.
Small mainly due to progression of age but we won't dissolve because a lot of resources have been poured into the starbase (namely all those special projects).

Thank you for this list btw.
well if its a casual fleet, then that means you don't role-play. There are already way too many fleets that play o.o.r.p.. The list I'm creating is for role-playing fleets only.

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 12-13-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
list has been updated
Career Officer
# 23
01-13-2013, 01:48 AM
I dont represent this fleet but I would like to show you...

USS Starchaser
They're a "fleet" that roleplays as a single ship.

They have this wiki:

USS Starchaser Wiki

which you can use as a resource for posting bios and stuff like that and you dont have to play a Starchaser crew.

For example this is my character:
http://ussstarchaser.wikia.com/wiki/William_Ashwing

which has no connection with starchaser proper.

They're very friendly as long as you have a standard writing style and not overzealous about what your character is. They're characters tend to be more fantastical in nature, but they are welcoming to mundane characters as well in their wiki.

Make sure you contact them before doing anything on the wiki coz:

1. Its common courtesy
2. They are awesome people!

Career Officer
# 24
01-19-2013, 03:47 AM
that's very helpful Chandler....i'll add it to the list!
I'm happy to see a group that does that.
Fantastical you say? interesting i'll have to experience that for myself
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-21-2013, 05:54 PM
The Praxian Alliance is a fleet that is based on roleplaying but has lots more to offer too!
The fleet has developed a very detailed alien race known as the "Praxians" as well as over 5 fully interactive custom maps strictly aimed at roleplayers as social areas for people to meet and play at! You dont need to make a "Praxian" character to get involved either! We have characters of many different backgrounds since the storyline is aimed to involve everyone! The fleet even customizes their content to follow the story being developed by the players! Did your player discover a secret facility? Well, the management team will whip one up in order for you to have a breathtaking new environment to continue your story in!

Anyone looking to get involved can visit the website www.PRAXIANALLIANCE.wix.com/main to learn more about the storyline or to sign up! New content is being added weekly!

INQUISITOR CRUSHER
Director of Marketing
ELITE FORCES COMMAND
Captain
# 26
01-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
well if its a casual fleet, then that means you don't role-play. There are already way too many fleets that play o.o.r.p.. The list I'm creating is for role-playing fleets only.
That's interesting. So only hard-core PvP fleets can role-play?
Career Officer
# 27
01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post
That's interesting. So only hard-core PvP fleets can role-play?
Casual means oorp. This isn't a thread about oorp talk in-game, it's about role-playing.
If you want to make a thread about fleets that oorp, go right ahead. This isn't the place to do it. My tongue has grown hair from repeating the same thing over and over.
Captain
# 28
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
Casual means oorp. This isn't a thread about oorp talk in-game, it's about role-playing.
If you want to make a thread about fleets that oorp, go right ahead. This isn't the place to do it. My tongue has grown hair from repeating the same thing over and over.
Then change the title to something along the lines of "fleets that meet my narrowly conceived definition of roleplaying". Don't pretend to speak for an entire community when you actively exclude members of that community who don't adhere to your specific notions about what is, and is not, RP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
01-22-2013, 10:56 AM
I'd be honored to have the 26th listed among all of these great looking RP Fleets. Our details can be found in my signature. Look forward to happily answering any questions presented.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Career Officer
# 30
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Then change the title to something along the lines of "fleets that meet my narrowly conceived definition of roleplaying". Don't pretend to speak for an entire community when you actively exclude members of that community who don't adhere to your specific notions about what is, and is not, RP.
perhaps you should apply that to yourself. You seem not to not understand the difference between everyday gossip and role-playing. Go open a book and read instead of patrolling and propagating your uneducated non-sense. Better yet, learn to become a conscious observer instead of spewing your own inner little world that goes 'la la la la la i can't hear you la la la la i don't care about you, I'm going to pervert the meaning of words la la la la'

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 01-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.