Rihannsu
# 11
01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Why not just not allow Dispersal Pattern Beta to be used with Tricobalt Mines?

Also I agree, I don't understand why Tricobalt Torpedoes are not allowed... Kinda confused with that one.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 12
01-21-2013, 05:46 AM
WE banned tricos due to its use with DPB X and HY X, and the current uncertain state of trico mines. If we did allow trics it would be hard to police, and hence decided to ban them to make it the more practical and easier for all.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
WE banned tricos due to its use with DPB X and HY X, and the current uncertain state of trico mines. If we did allow trics it would be hard to police, and hence decided to ban them to make it the more practical and easier for all.
anyone who cant tell a mine from a torp shouldnt be allowed food in rl

the sta trackr program will even id them for you!! (edit)
Captain
# 14
01-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoejoe View Post
anyone who cant tell a mine from a torp shouldnt be allowed food in rl

the sta trackr program will even id them for you!! (edit)
Gateway is somewhat down. If it wasnt then yes, it would be easier.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
# 15 question
01-21-2013, 07:55 PM
I really like the rules for this tournament. I do have a question though. Shouldnt Vet boffs not be allowed since they're relatively new? season 6ish? when game went f2p i believe.
Thanks =)
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah, this tournament setup sounds like they're tailoring the rules to fit a certain fleet's playstyle and equipment loadout. Excluding pre-order items should be first on the list actually. Vet Boffs too, since all potential players DO NOT have access to them.

But ThiS Interesting fleet probably has all that stuff and doesn't wanna lose.
Lieutenant
# 17
01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Vet boffs were from the conversion to dillithium so its before f2p but i would be for not allowing them for the simple fact that only a few elite players have 5 of them. So the plus 25 could be an advantage.
Captain
# 18
01-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandodan2001 View Post
Yeah, this tournament setup sounds like they're tailoring the rules to fit a certain fleet's playstyle and equipment loadout. Excluding pre-order items should be first on the list actually. Vet Boffs too, since all potential players DO NOT have access to them.

But ThiS Interesting fleet probably has all that stuff and doesn't wanna lose.
What.... Are you serious?

You're joking right?

I mean seriously?

And the issue with the vet boffs I think is more of a "how do you police something that you can't see" issue then anything else.

But dude... Seriously!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 19
01-21-2013, 10:50 PM
One week they're apologising for ruining a tourniment, the next week it's busiiness as usual
Career Officer
# 20
01-22-2013, 12:23 AM
I think maybe tricobalt torpedoes could be allowed back in. Or are there any known major problems with them?

Regarding vet boffs: The reason they are still in is that they are essentially humans (i.e. leadership trait) which are currently allowed and their second space trait doesn't seem to be that powerful, even when you have 5 of them. (I personally never bothered to spend vet tokens beyond one boff for testing purposes. I still have several unused fed and kdf tokens.)

Another reason to keep boff race restrictions to a minimum: Players have only a very limited amount of space for these and it's not easy to transfer a boff to a different character on the same account (you always need a second player to help) to make room for other boffs.

And whoever claims that these rules favour some fleets: I don't think anyone really knows whether all these restrictions will end up favouring damage or healing until some matches with this ruleset have actually been played. If you have sound arguments why one should expect one extreme or the other, then please share them, so that they can be taken into account.
http://hilbertguide.com