Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Get that console that lets you run away real fast.

Listen to KDF yell at you for cowardly running away (rather than succumb to 4 v 1 because your teammates are idiots)

Laugh.

(Doesn't always work, of course)
Empire Veteran
# 22
01-22-2013, 01:26 AM
I love these threads
Former Ausmonaut Turned Space Pirate
Captain
# 23
01-22-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
I love these threads
Popcorn?
Commander
# 24
01-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Exactly how i imagine Ralph
# 25
01-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantomdisplay View Post
Exactly how i imagine Ralph
Haha cannot be unseen.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Career Officer
# 26
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
LOL nope.

This is how I see Mr.Popcorn:

http://plissken.free.fr/Covers/K/Kin...ph%20Front.jpg

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Ensign
# 27
01-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Well, looks like I set something off here. It was a good read and educational, in the beginning anyway. I should explain with more detail what happened. I'm doing a lap round the Universe to get my DOFF's done. Enter Om. Len. and I get a msg. "I challenge you in the name of the Empire!" I chuckle. After buying time to complete my DOFF's I reply that I will fight this zealous Klingon. We do space pvp - cracked planatoid. First match, I decimate the player. Second match, I destroy it. Third match was never going to end due to epeen (I guess). Just as I would get him to explode... he engages the cloak and sets off healing and letting cooldowns recharge. We did this three frakking times. He can't get past my shields, OK? That's lacking honor. That's being lame and it's nothing more than that. While this problem cannot have happened to just me I still don't see any solution. I can't think of one, nor has anyone else I guess! I guess there is one solution - avoid battles that offer the 'breast of comfort' to suck on, AKA the Battle Cloak. Thank you for your attention.
Captain
# 28
01-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicnus View Post
Well, looks like I set something off here. It was a good read and educational, in the beginning anyway. I should explain with more detail what happened. I'm doing a lap round the Universe to get my DOFF's done. Enter Om. Len. and I get a msg. "I challenge you in the name of the Empire!" I chuckle. After buying time to complete my DOFF's I reply that I will fight this zealous Klingon. We do space pvp - cracked planatoid. First match, I decimate the player. Second match, I destroy it. Third match was never going to end due to epeen (I guess). Just as I would get him to explode... he engages the cloak and sets off healing and letting cooldowns recharge. We did this three frakking times. He can't get past my shields, OK? That's lacking honor. That's being lame and it's nothing more than that. While this problem cannot have happened to just me I still don't see any solution. I can't think of one, nor has anyone else I guess! I guess there is one solution - avoid battles that offer the 'breast of comfort' to suck on, AKA the Battle Cloak. Thank you for your attention.
Um, yeah, that's a bit different from your OP. Cloaking in duels is just dumb, as is bringing a hit and fade build. No CC on your part is too, but far less so.

There are solutions, and they have been presented. Do not let him cloak. Do not let him move. Kill him faster, while the cloak is on cd.

But yeah, Battlecloak in a duel is lamesauce. On occasions that I duel I usually ask if they'd like any gentleman's agreements up front, like no trics. You could always decline if they say they plan to use their battlecloak.

And for the record, your thread title v. your last post, a duel is not representative of FvK.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-23-2013, 04:36 PM
I just returned after 6 months

I run a ship with no energy weapons and huge points in speed, no cloak. I sometime never die a night and when a person locks me down with a well timed alpha companion. I give props.

I have although a escape every 30 sec and put out more dps than a whole team can do a match avrg 800k + evry 15 min. I choose my fight and I choose to risk death, almost never am I a victim of there will, I oppose my will upon the battle field, and pug vs premade cry runner on me I laff. I just replay cant keep up l2p. I know the best and respect them, new f2p people need to get off there premade horse and kneel and open up for a big can of woop a##. Skill has taperd off year after year. Vet have more than just damage and heals.

I have a ship that no one will ever duplicate because they cant. I eat BoP for breakfest and blow them up cloaked. I also know my place, I know my build, I know my opponent off fist alpha and how to adjust. I know when situation arnt good for me and I take advantage of there week links. Just as the new players should relise to switch targets, because point click is not this game.

There is a conter to all, cloack = scan, cloak = Tbr, cloak = follow mine to target, cloak = listen for alpha ( yes you can); the best, like emojoe will 2km drop alpha = death if not prep.

Runner = (all power to engine) omega, engine battery, aux to internal dampeners, speed burst console, evasive.

Cloak is not a i win.

:stepping down from soap box:
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate
Ensign
# 30
01-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Cloak is ultimately effective against one foe. If there's two you'll be lucky if you can successfully cloak.

Being able to get out of combat to re-cloak is difficult if there's more than one foe. My tactic is to run out of range, with or without Ev. Man., or use Jam Sensors. But again, only effective against one foe.

If I'm being ganked; re-cloaking is suicide anyway.
I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart