Career Officer
# 21
01-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriklein View Post
I don't know why he's missing it. It's right there.
He doesn't on the keyboard.
There used to be one at the bottom of each forum page (button as in "reply", "quote" etc. button).
Captain
# 22
01-22-2013, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleaic View Post
Call this all, cautious optimisim, to be certain.
Don't worry, it'll pass soon enough.
Career Officer
# 23
01-22-2013, 08:30 AM
One issue is that veteran rewards have a sort of power creep issue. Each reward has to be progressively more awesome than the last, or else it's kinda pointless. The 1000 day reward was a ship. Ships are the ultimate thing in this game, there is nothing more significant. And that ship, especially the battle cloaking Klingon version, is one of the best in the game. What else can you do that's more awesome than that, but doesn't break the game? At some point there has to be a limit.

So, vet rewards have hit the peak of what they're going to be. If you're a monthly Gold member, you need to assess whether the continued perks of subscribing are still worth it going forward. Zen stipend, extra bank/inventory space on new characters, etc. If you're a lifer, you really can't complain about what you're paying for since you probably haven't paid a dime in sub fees for the last three years. Your LTS broke even for Cryptic after 20 months.

Would it be nice if Cryptic kicked some new vet rewards out? Sure, who'd argue with that? Lobi would be cool. Whatever. I just don't think we should feel entitled to anything.
Career Officer
# 24
01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
You miss the top button?

Nah, just kidding.
Quote:
I don't know why he's missing it. It's right there.
Quote:
The button is there.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

If you mouse-over http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/im...lapse_tcat.gif it says that it links to the top of the page.
However, they screwed up in the layout implementation and all it does is collapse certain frames instead.
In any event...

I still really miss a (functioning) TOP Button.

That Green button IS attached across the page to the 'QUICK REPLY" function...

Whether it's meant to be or not.

Thr original TOP button was on the line above, across from the 'Post Reply' function.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by syberghost; 01-22-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
01-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Don't think its a matter of entitlement...I salute the OP for asking the question and he does have indeed the "right" to his opinion as anyone else as long as it's in a repectful manner which is far from most think in this thread...

There are still lots of lifers who are over 1000 days and you can't silence people for expressing their views and just asking questions...this is still a democracy even if they disagree with your views
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
01-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
Me, too. I hearty-heart my Chimera.
Where do you find the info on the current Lifetime perks such as stipend info?
Career Officer
# 27
01-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I'm over one thousand days and all I want is for Them to keep the game going...,

for at least, another one thousand days.

(not that I wouldn't say 'no' to more goodies though)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-22-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 28
01-22-2013, 09:21 AM
The devs have specifically said that there are no 'current' plans for rewards beyond 1000 days. Not saying you can't voice your opinion, but you're going to be very disappointed if you are expecting to get a 1100 day.
# 29
01-22-2013, 09:27 AM
I really just want them to allow me to make a fleet. I returned form not playing for a bit but em a Lifetie subscriber and had to link my account to PW and now says my account is not old enough to make a fleet and been active for 1100. So not sure what to do now but tickets are 48 hours old and no response. As far as the rewards are conserned just need to make sure the stipend stays.
Community Moderator
# 30
01-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollander1221 View Post
I really just want them to allow me to make a fleet. I returned form not playing for a bit but em a Lifetie subscriber and had to link my account to PW and now says my account is not old enough to make a fleet and been active for 1100. So not sure what to do now but tickets are 48 hours old and no response. As far as the rewards are conserned just need to make sure the stipend stays.
Are you sure you linked your account, not created a new account?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread