Lieutenant
# 1 Equiping EV suits on BOFFs
01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
When I drag the EV suit into the armor slot on my BOFF, it does not appear on him even if the visuals are turned on. I assume I have to activate it too, but I haven't a clue how to do that. Running into the underground ruins on New Rom with a cloud of greasy black smoke where my BOFF should be will not be any fun. Probably something easy, right? - but I don't know what it is.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
01-22-2013, 08:55 AM
They turn them on when they're needed. Most of the time, anyway. I had to resurrect my Ferengi the first time but he got it after that.
Career Officer
# 3
01-22-2013, 08:57 AM
You don't need to activate it, I think it just checks if they have it equipped. Visually, my BOffs put their suits on the moment we walked into the ruins. It won't let me turn off the visuals either, and the Shard of Possibilities summons doppelgangers that also wear their own EV suits.

That said, I've never had a problem with my BOffs refusing to display their EV suits prior to this.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Commander
# 4
01-22-2013, 09:36 AM
they should activate it once you enter the gas but honestly you can give them omega maco KGH sets they dont use the intergrated remod ever..if you give them fractural remods they are slow to use them normal remods from replicator and they still shoot while adapted then eventually remodulate they just arent too (i cant think of a good way to describe nor a bad way to describe either) for a bit of fun give them party poppers and watch them try to kill with fireworks brings a smile to your face sometimes
Captain
# 5
01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofwars View Post
they should activate it once you enter the gas but honestly you can give them omega maco KGH sets they dont use the intergrated remod ever..if you give them fractural remods they are slow to use them normal remods from replicator and they still shoot while adapted then eventually remodulate they just arent too (i cant think of a good way to describe nor a bad way to describe either) for a bit of fun give them party poppers and watch them try to kill with fireworks brings a smile to your face sometimes
Actually, I think they learned to use set bonuses. My XO at least uses the 2-piece Omega bonus, since she doesn't have her own stealth power (and the Portable Shrouds are kept out of my away teams' hands so that they're there when I need them) yet I occasionally notice her activating a cloak.
Captain
# 6
01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
AFAIK, the activation/appearance of EV suits on BOffs seem to be inconsistent.

I was doing the Tier 5 Romulan mission, and I usually disabled visuals on armors. When I equipped my away team with suits and activated mine, the suits on two of my BOffs didn't show up (yet I saw the little torch next to their heads coming on).

Hilarity ensued when we reached the lower levels - all my BOffs survived, but there my Science Officer was, running around in the fumes with nothing but his uniform.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots