Career Officer
# 451
01-21-2013, 05:45 PM
DDIS I was wondering what you thought on using FAW3 these days. Particularly on a ship like the Regent or Excelsior with DBB to keep the damage focused in a cone. While I love the cannon builds I'm just finding that I can't crank out enough DPS to melt a ship in this era of fleet shields and placates.

Perhaps a 4 turret 4 DBB build with CRF 1 and FAW 3?

Your thoughts would be awesome.

Joseph.B
Empire Veteran
# 452
01-21-2013, 06:05 PM
fleet nova

i think the best role for something like this would be to cause trouble to a healing network. with APO usability it can cause all sorts of speedy trouble.

4 beam arrays, fore and aft photon torp

TT, APB1, APO1

EPtA1, EPtS2

PH1, TBR1, PSW1, FBP3
TSS1, HE2
ST1

skill points

KHG deflector
omega engine
maco shield

3 neutronium, or anything you want really

4 particle gen

zero point, borg, shockwave torp

doffs

2 damage control, 3 photonic studies, a mix of cooldown and on target trigering of a PSW

ALT- 2 damage control, 2 AP cooldown, 1 photonic cooldown doff

i see this as a high speed healing disruptor. APO with TBR can easily move some one far from team help and make them without support. a large number of shock waves present to kill running abilities like ES and TB from the ship itself and the PSW torp will keep ES turtleing at bay. if you get shot at, you have a VERY strong FBP3 buffed by APO, or APB and the 4 particle gens consoles. they also buff any damage you will cause from TBR and your PSW.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 01-22-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 453
01-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
DDIS I was wondering what you thought on using FAW3 these days. Particularly on a ship like the Regent or Excelsior with DBB to keep the damage focused in a cone. While I love the cannon builds I'm just finding that I can't crank out enough DPS to melt a ship in this era of fleet shields and placates.

Perhaps a 4 turret 4 DBB build with CRF 1 and FAW 3?

Your thoughts would be awesome.

Joseph.B
FAW is so poisonously bad, that it nerfs the damage of any non beam you have equipped. theres a you tube video showing this, if you were to activate FAW, your turrets would deal less damage.

beam shot with FAW wont have over 75% acc, and it will target anything in its arc, lessening the damage you would do you your intended target vs just shooting at them unbuffed. fed cruisers are just terrible damage platforms, i cant outdo the builds i have posted for them. i did just yesterday update all of my builds in this thread though, take another look at the advanced fleet excelsior build. and then come to the red side, their cruisers are actually deadly.
Empire Veteran
# 454
01-21-2013, 06:47 PM
disregard, this was fixed 1/14/13

originally tier 2 and 3 fleet ship shield mod analysis

if you remove all the skill points from the tier 2 shield skill, and have no deflectors or consoles equipped buffing that skill or anything, your tool tip and facing hp will not match on non tier 2/3 fleet ships like it would on any other ship.

no mater what shield my fleet ktinga and retrofit somraw had equipped, they had a flat extra amount of hitpoints. the ktinga had +1375, and the somraw had +1563. i have no idea why they gave these ships subpar shield mods, and gave them this extra flat chunk to make up for it. didn't mater if i used borg, omega, KHG, or literally any other shield, it all gave the exact same extra per shield.

per faceing-tooltip=extra

khg
omega
borg

ktinga

9379-8004=1375
7295-5920=1375
6325-4950=1375

somraw

7145-5582=1563
5681-4119=1562
5000-3437=1563

all i can take away from this is that the lower the listed shield mod is, the better the extra is. somraw had .65, ktinga .94. this isnt nessasarily a good thing though, these ships are still at a regen disadvantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Just would like to add, that while the fleet versions of low tier ships do indeed get shield hps bonus, the native shield regen is cut according their shield modifier.

For example I have fleet nova and fleet nebula. I tested them in same setup with borg gear. The nova got a little higher borg shield hps, but the maximum natural shield regen was around 1400. The Nebula's around 2000.

So while it's true the capacity is higher on low cap shield, the potential for extra shield healing regen is greatly reduced.

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 02-14-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Commander
# 455
01-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
indeed, its a good ship and well flown, added it into the table of contents. i would try it out with a DBB up front though, 4 DHCs are just to easy to tank, and its hard to actually finish someone off with them. thats why i keep beating you!
Good point, I may go back to the DBB up front and replace the aft beam with another turret
Career Officer
# 456
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i kinda don't even know were to start here. any advanced advice might not make any sense to you. im not trying to be mean, im just kinda trying to understand why you thought evenly distributing skill points in everything, and have 1 of every console was a good idea.

maybe take a look at some of the sci ships posted in the thread, see how they are built to do a few things very well. to be effective you want to pick a role and build to do that role the best you can.

so, a fleet nova, with its station setup and zipyness this thing has potential. tell you what, i'll just come up with a build for one of these.
oh yes, that's true. I posted it because i was surprised that I was able to tank a cube even with that build which is not tailored for any specific purpose.
Of course, initially i had that build mainly for rp and some authenticity (meaning I had the nova class ship in mind, that was encountered by voyager in the Delta Quadrant; they had modified and developed systems during their journey as well).

But yes I'd love it if you made a build for that ship. keeping in mind that I am science class
Empire Veteran
# 457
01-22-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
But yes I'd love it if you made a build for that ship. keeping in mind that I am science class
post 452, second post on this page. i even did up a skill point tree for it
Career Officer
This is one of the rare good healer builds on klingon side: Fleet Corsair flightdek cruiser retrofit. It has a unique boff layout of strong engineer and science abilities. The ship would function best with an engineer captain, but a sci would also be good (lacks some self heals and power, but more debuff)

edit: This setup can also be used with a science oddy

Fore: 1x DBB, 2x beam array, 1x torpedo (chroniton or omega)
Aft: 3x beam array, 1x torpedo (chroniton)
(torps can be also replaced by beams, so you have a full beam boat)
Hangar: reinforced marauding force / elite scorpions

Deflector: adapted honor (=MACO) / Borg / Advanced Positron Deflector Array Mk XII [PartG] [Sen] [Targ] [Threat]
Engine: Borg / OMEGA / Advanced Fleet Hyper-Impulse Engines Mk XII [Spd] [Turn]x3
Shield: adapted honor (=MACO) / advanced or elite resilient fleet shield

Power settings: 100/25/25/50 (when under fire: 25/75/25/75)

Consoles:
main consoles are your sci-healing consoles: emitter arrays. Equip 4 of them (or if you want more shield HP you replace 1 a 2 for field generators). Fill engineer with 1 a 2 SIF generators. Fill remaining engineer and tac positions with consoles of choice like:
Console - Universal - Assimilated Module (more crit, hull repair, gravity)
Console - Tachyokinetic Converter (more crit, turnrate,gravity)
Console - Universal - Theta Radiation Vents (more crowd control and spam kill)
Console - Tactical - Automated Defense Turret (protect yourself from tric mines and slow torps)
Console - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy (more hull resist)

note: the emitter arrays can be "upgraded" by using following embassy fleet consoles:
Console - Science - Emitter Array Mk X [HuH] [-Th]
Console - Science - Emitter Array Mk X [ShH] [-Th]
Console - Science - Emitter Array Mk X [pla] [-Th] (can equip more of those)
The embassy mk X versions already give as much points as the regular purple mk xii ones. If you have mk xi or mk xii embassy ones, its really worth the costs.

Boffs:
Cmdr: EptS1, ES1, ES2, AtoS3
Ens: EptA1

LtCmdr: TB1, TSS2, ST3
LT: TB1, HE2

LT: FAW1, APB1

Doffs (make a good build):
2x damage control engineer
2x development scientist (reduce ST3)
1x tractor beam officer

The engineer has a lot of power, so can keep up pressure with the beams. The chroniton torps and 2x tractor beams are to slow the target. FAW to clear spam and tag all targets with APB debuff). Extend shield is always up, and every 15 sec you can use ST3.

In my opinion, shield heals and resists are better to give to the birds, although they do have weak hulls. This because shield tanking is the way to go. However, if you want more hull heals by replacing ST3 with ET3, you have to pay very good attention to your team. Because once the bird?s shields are down, hull is gone in 1 a 2 seconds. So you have only a small window to react with a hull hp boost. For those who rather want to use ET3, it opens the LtCmdr sci slot for vm1 or something else.

Boff layout would then be:
Cmdr: EptS1, ES1, ET3, AtoS3
Ens: EptA1

LtCmdr: TB1, TSS2, VM1
LT: TB1, HE2

LT: FAW1, APB1

Replace 2x development scientist with 2x maintenance engineers

If you want to do more damage instead of clearing spam, you have also the possibility with klingon ships to mount cannons and even dual heavies. Adjust your tac boff accordingly. But that?s not my preferred way for this ship, since its more like a classic fed ship, and not a high turn battle cruiser.

My keybind file (based on the spacebar bind) which uses the F-buttons to target and heal teammates can be found at http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=197

Last edited by rudiefix1; 04-05-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 459
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
I will place my "maxed" P'lastinga later. Drunk; you post my saber also in TOC?
i was trying to think of a nice way to say im not quite sure i can recommend such a station setup, but then you edited in something good! so its added now.

these fleet corsair are basically a kdf ody, only they might be slightly better. its got the same station setup as an ody that uses the LTC for sci, and its much smaller and if i recall it had an 8 or better turn rate. 4 eng and 4 sci consoles, its perfect.

if there was ever to be some serious kdf teams formed, at their heart would be fleet corsairs bringing the healing and support its even more underrated then the saber is.
Career Officer
# 460
01-24-2013, 05:17 PM
in the fleet nova (452) you mentioned 4 beams and a photonic torpedo in the aft. But there are more weapons slots on the ship. Was that intentional? or do you want me to remove the cutting beam??

EDIT: i'm also assuming that you want me to use a deflector that has a high percentage boost to particle generators, correct? other than that, what else?

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 01-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.