Survivor of Romulus
# 21
01-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Completed my first mission last night. It's only stranded in space, but I got it all FRAPSed and just need to get it uploaded to Youtube, but as it's over 15 minutes it's proving tricky. Anyone got any advice? FRAPS produces huge files so it's taking forever
No easy answer to that, but I could direct you to where to start perhaps.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...eo-for-Youtube
Community Moderator
# 22
02-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the help. A bit of FRAPs, a bit of Virtual Dub and a bit of handbrake seem to ahve worked.

I'm uploading my second video as I type. See the original posts or here for more http://youtu.be/wTXhcOac3g8
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Thanks for the help. A bit of FRAPs, a bit of Virtual Dub and a bit of handbrake seem to ahve worked.

I'm uploading my second video as I type. See the original posts or here for more http://youtu.be/wTXhcOac3g8
Hey, I looked at your videos and hm.. I think you overshrunk it (is there such a thing?).

Video #2 also had very low sound and Video #1 was better.

Since it was I that gave you that link to videohelp I now feel a responsibility to try help you improve, though there are others on STO forums that probably could give better help.

Have you read through the help pages and forums at YouTube? There seems to be alot of good advices there.

YouTube Upload instructions and settings

Official YouTube forum

My next advice would be to not shrink them that much, make them .mp4. Upload and pay YouTube for more account size, or perhaps make several accounts with 1 episode in each.

Or go live even.
Community Moderator
# 24
02-03-2013, 04:58 AM
Yeah the 2nd video has definitely processed less well than I hoped. Looked fine before upload. It's a bit of experimentation on encoding time vs upload time vs quality.

My aim is to have it 'right' by level eight when I start playing foundry missions. I'm going to try again tonight and see if I get better results. I didn't know YouTube had an account size limit.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
02-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Rather interesting project you're doing.

One Foundry Mission I'd suggest playing (for when you get to that point) is 'Hunt for the Daq'Duj'. Or, as I sometimes like to call it, 'The Hunt for Red October: Star Trek Edition'.

Seriously, the guy who authored that mission HAD to be inspired by 'Hunt for Red October' when making it, and it clearly fits in the theme of the Klingon-Federation War. I'd definitely recommend it when the time comes.

NOTE: For those of you who don't know what 'Hunt for Red October' is, it's a novel by Tom Clancy which got turned into a VERY GOOD movie by Paramount Studios.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 02-03-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Community Moderator
# 26
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I've updated the first page to include a list of foundry episodes i'm going to try and play.

I've been playing some of the Cryptic missions to try and work out my FRAPS issues, I seem to get my microphone input far far too low.I might upload these at some point soon, but I'll have it cracked for when I hit the Foundry missions hopefully.

Last edited by tobar26th; 02-03-2013 at 11:23 AM.