Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,757
# 4231
01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
*Federation captain of the attacking USS. El Dorado Aputs them on the viewscreen.*

Fruska: Republic Vessel, your ship is compromised. Your weapons are disabled, your shields are gone, and your life support is failing. You cannot survive without assistance we are willing to do so if you will surrender. No more harm will come to your ship.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,115
# 4232
01-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The Federation ships start engaging the bit systems which start ripping through the shields like hornets and causing hull breaches all over the ship. Their defense bits take the shots without much harm thanks to shield generators. *

*Agent 3 watches from a surveilence bit and puts it on in front of Drake. *

Agent 3: It looks like The Republic picked the wrong fight, did you intend to send those bit equipped starships?
Drake: It doesn't matter.

*R.S.S. Republic.*

T'mar: Report!

John: Shields are at 79%.

The frigate at 084 Mark 27 is losing shields.

T'mar: Good morning gentlemen. This is your wake-up call!

*T'mar fires three transphasic quantum torpedoes at the frigate, which phase through her shields and detonate inside the ship, tearing it apart.

She then fires on the lead cruiser with the multi-frequencial phasers, managing to knock out her shield generator with a few well-placed shots which managed to phase through the shield. Two photon torpedoes slam into the port nacelle strut and knock her out of action.

A Federation Cruiser deploys bits directly in front of the Republic, and T'mar isn't able to evade before they slam through the primary shield and into the secondary shield.

Another Cruiser then fires a quantum-focused phaser beam and knocks out the forward shield before her omega cannons slam into the Republic's starboard nacelle. T'mar slams the Republic into a hard-right bank and lets rip with the ZPCs, which smash through the cruiser's shields with ease and tear through her hull (remember, the Republic was built to fight the Iconians).*

John: We've lost warp drive!

*Another set of bits impacts the deflector dish. On the bridge, sparks fly and a fire breaks out at the aft stations. A crewman leaves his post to extinguish it.*

T'mar: How are the Feds doing?

John: 7 ships down, 4 still fighting but heavily damaged. We've got another wave coming in though, 10 ships, led by...

The Enterprise.

T'mar: Hail them, there's still time!

John: They're blocking my comm signal.

T'mar: Then batter through! I want Captain Denvers on my screen now!

*An explosion rocks the bridge.*

John: T'mar, if we take another hit to the Deflector--

T'mar: Setting course for the planet! Divert everything we have, plus the kitchen sink, to shields and the ZPCs!

John: Are you...?!

*T'mar puts the Republic at full speed heading for the planet.*

You are!

*He opens the intercom.*

All hands, brace for atmospheric turbulence!
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,115
# 4233
01-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Federation captain of the attacking USS. El Dorado Aputs them on the viewscreen.*

Fruska: Republic Vessel, your ship is compromised. Your weapons are disabled, your shields are gone, and your life support is failing. You cannot survive without assistance we are willing to do so if you will surrender. No more harm will come to your ship.
OOC: How inferior do you think Republic ships are?! Their weapons have a good chance of bypassing shields! Energy technology means their shields are at least as good as yours. The Republic itself has about 60-70 Matter-Antimatter Modules which supply power to secondary systems, which allows the Reactors and Warp Drive to power the weapons, shields, and engines. The ZPCs were designed to fight the ICONIANS (evidenced by these things being able to ruin a Synthesiser ship's day, which practically one-shotted a Republic Titan-Class Battleship (the Odyssey-C's opposite number, effectively), and has an arsenal of quantum transphasic warheads, combining the explosive yield of a quantum torpedo with the capability to phase through shields and hull. She's also got a fold-jump drive with a range that spans half the Galaxy. She can handle a few Federation ships (at any rate, she would NOT go down THIS quickly! She has THREE Shield Generators to power a Primary, secondary, and tertiary shield (each powering the exposed shield first!)).

Sorry for the rant. Getting sick of the Republic being made out to be inferior... especially when they came up with Multi-frequencial phasers before the Feds started using new-type tech, with the resources of ONE SPACE STATION compared to the whole Federation.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,503
# 4234
01-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Optimus vessel soon warps in near the federation battle group.

Optimus: provide covering fire for the republic. Rat het get there warp drive back online.
Optimus: federation fleet this is optimus prime. Either stand down or I will not hesitate to fore on your vessels.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,757
# 4235
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
OOC: How inferior do you think Republic ships are?! Their weapons have a good chance of bypassing shields! Energy technology means their shields are at least as good as yours. The Republic itself has about 60-70 Matter-Antimatter Modules which supply power to secondary systems, which allows the Reactors and Warp Drive to power the weapons, shields, and engines. The ZPCs were designed to fight the ICONIANS (evidenced by these things being able to ruin a Synthesiser ship's day, which practically one-shotted a Republic Titan-Class Battleship (the Odyssey-C's opposite number, effectively), and has an arsenal of quantum transphasic warheads, combining the explosive yield of a quantum torpedo with the capability to phase through shields and hull. She's also got a fold-jump drive with a range that spans half the Galaxy. She can handle a few Federation ships (at any rate, she would NOT go down THIS quickly! She has THREE Shield Generators to power a Primary, secondary, and tertiary shield (each powering the exposed shield first!)).

Sorry for the rant. Getting sick of the Republic being made out to be inferior... especially when they came up with Multi-frequencial phasers before the Feds started using new-type tech, with the resources of ONE SPACE STATION compared to the whole Federation.

OOC: How do you get past the AT Shielding considering that it is using the users mind keeping its individuality. I did say that it was close to impossible unless another vessel had it which would nullify it. If it is the same force there is not the nullifying knack just a bit of a strong shielding. Multi frequncial phasers are quite a bit useless. Phasics may do it but there is defense bits. The Federation is no slouch either I was thinking it would be even one on one given the Captain. But even numbers would strategically wipe them all over the floor. Plus Omega weaponry and a fair arsenal. Hence why it is an even fight if one on one. But here the numbers are a problem. Just saying the Federation has much bigger resources and an incorporated Klingon Empire. Just trying say it is an even fight.

Federation based on numbers would drive that ship into the floor based on numbers and weapons that are a bit better including a bit system and AT shielding and 3 more sets of shielding normal types. No way 7 go down. 2-3 I can see. 4 heavy damage doubtful. Just saying the Federation is an entire nation that covers more than 200 worlds and nations. Of course there is some parity. Not trying to offend. Just a bit realistic because of 10 ships with Newtype tech, fold space drives, omega frame work, omega weaponry, Omega disruptors. Just an even fight if one on one. But if its ten to 1 that is not quite there. No matter how skilled.

I think a bit of in depth look at the Federation tech would be needed. If that would be fine. Like I did say did not mean to offend.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,757
# 4236
01-22-2013, 02:04 PM
*The Lead Federation vessel hails.*

Fed. Captain: Unknown vessel this vessel was invading sovereign territory and they were given every opportunity to surrender or leave immediately. You may pick up survivors but I will have to that you leave as well. We do not wish a fight with you.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,115
# 4237
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
OOC: How do you get past the AT Shielding considering that it is using the users mind keeping its individuality. I did say that it was close to impossible unless another vessel had it which would nullify it. If it is the same force there is not the nullifying knack just a bit of a strong shielding. Multi frequncial phasers are quite a bit useless. Phasics may do it but there is defense bits. The Federation is no slouch either I was thinking it would be even one on one given the Captain. But even numbers would strategically wipe them all over the floor. Plus Omega weaponry and a fair arsenal. Hence why it is an even fight if one on one. But here the numbers are a problem. Just saying the Federation has much bigger resources and an incorporated Klingon Empire. Just trying say it is an even fight.

Federation based on numbers would drive that ship into the floor based on numbers and weapons that are a bit better including a bit system and AT shielding and 3 more sets of shielding normal types. No way 7 go down. 2-3 I can see. 4 heavy damage doubtful. Just saying the Federation is an entire nation that covers more than 200 worlds and nations. Of course there is some parity. Not trying to offend. Just a bit realistic because of 10 ships with Newtype tech, fold space drives, omega frame work, omega weaponry, Omega disruptors. Just an even fight if one on one. But if its ten to 1 that is not quite there. No matter how skilled.

I think a bit of in depth look at the Federation tech would be needed. If that would be fine. Like I did say did not mean to offend.
OOC: That's fine.

The Republic is a Battleship - the flagship of the Republic Navy. Most of the ships it's taken down so far have been frigates or support ships.

And, from what I can tell, the bit system is essentially dropping tons of metal chunks in front off an enemy ship (i.e. chaff) but a lot more dangerous. If the Republic's shields were down, that would be deadly, but the Republic's shields are up, and can be supplemented by the MAMs or the Fusion Reactors if needed.

Also, zero point energy is theoretically infinite, so the ZPCs are releasing about 10 times the power of a quantum warhead (which use zero-point btw) with each shot at standard power. Like I said, they were built to fight the Iconians.

Multi-Frequencial Phasers essentially just rotate the frequency after each shot randomly. That gives it an inherent chance of matching the shield frequency of the target (and since every form of energy in known physics using frequencies, that would include AT shields) and phasing through the shield. That was developed by DS61 to fight the Borg before the Republic was even formed, with the resources of a single space station. Republic Ships also utilise Sub-Space Coils, which tap the energy of subspace to increase a ship's warp core output drastically, increasing Warp Core efficiency (which is good as Dilithium is running out by this point. MUST BE FUEL ECONOMIC! lol, sorry).
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,115
# 4238
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The Lead Federation vessel hails.*

Fed. Captain: Unknown vessel this vessel was invading sovereign territory and they were given every opportunity to surrender or leave immediately. You may pick up survivors but I will have to that you leave as well. We do not wish a fight with you.
*A squadron of Klingon Warships warp in.

The Republic enters the planetary atmosphere, its shields getting battered by an ion storm T'mar deliberately flies into. Three Federation Frigates follow her in.*

T'mar: They just don't know when to quit! Photons, full spread. Firing.

*T'mar fires a spread of photon torpedoes, blinding the frigates' sensors for a few seconds while the Republic flies above the storm. Due to the storm's EMP output, the frigates can't re-acquire the Republic with sensors. The Republic, now above them, fires her ZPCs and forces a frigate's shields down. She then starts losing power and starts to fall into the atmosphere before the Republic locks a tractor beam and pulls her out of the gravity well. Rinse, repeat for the other two ships before she dives back into the atmosphere, below the worst of the storm, and lands on the North Magnetic Pole, making detection even harder.*

Phew. Begin repairs.

John: Already on it.

Nicely done, lieutenant.

T'mar: Thanks. You're in charge now, Commander.

*In space. The Klingon Vessels move closer towards the battle area.*
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,503
# 4239
01-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The Lead Federation vessel hails.*

Fed. Captain: Unknown vessel this vessel was invading sovereign territory and they were given every opportunity to surrender or leave immediately. You may pick up survivors but I will have to that you leave as well. We do not wish a fight with you.
Optimus: you will stand down and let them retrieve here people on the planet or will answer to me.

a tone of anger creeps into his voice.

Optimus: but i will not stand by and wath you attack a ship that is defending itself. Do not test me. I may be patient but when lives are being put at risk i will not tolerate that kind of action.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,503
# 4240
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*A squadron of Klingon Warships warp in.

The Republic enters the planetary atmosphere, its shields getting battered by an ion storm T'mar deliberately flies into. Three Federation Frigates follow her in.*

T'mar: They just don't know when to quit! Photons, full spread. Firing.

*T'mar fires a spread of photon torpedoes, blinding the frigates' sensors for a few seconds while the Republic flies above the storm. Due to the storm's EMP output, the frigates can't re-acquire the Republic with sensors. The Republic, now above them, fires her ZPCs and forces a frigate's shields down. She then starts losing power and starts to fall into the atmosphere before the Republic locks a tractor beam and pulls her out of the gravity well. Rinse, repeat for the other two ships before she dives back into the atmosphere, below the worst of the storm, and lands on the North Magnetic Pole, making detection even harder.*

Phew. Begin repairs.

John: Already on it.

Nicely done, lieutenant.

T'mar: Thanks. You're in charge now, Commander.

*In space. The Klingon Vessels move closer towards the battle area.*
optimus: republic vessel this is optimus prime i have a engineer who could help speed up your repairs. I will deal with the federation ships.

optimus turns back to the screen.

Optimus: i give you one chance captain let the republic go or we will have a fight on our hands and one i do not think you will win.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 AM.