Captain
# 31
01-22-2013, 09:46 AM
It probably should be understood w/the no Doffs rule, but may want to explicitly state no Doff mission bonuses as well if it's not already there.

I'm not sure if it's the result of the Gateway or not, but I've noticed there is often no longer an abilitiy to check a players ship type by clicking Info on it. It's very minor and I realize this can be done visually (assuming no holograms), but may want to make a no hologram rule?

Fyi, KDF can potentionally have 1 Human Boff from Marauding Doff award. Iirc some Aliens may have the Human space trait as well (though it may just be the ground one). So, not sure that will be much of an issue compared to Romulan Boffs, which should be excluded if they're not already.

For RMC, there are a couple of pontential issues. The 1st is for ships w/only 2 devices slots it gives the player ubiquity of subsystem type repair. Kinda minor, but an advantage. What I don't know is how effective it is vs VM compared to ET. Currently ET is schedule for a fix, but until than if RMC is significantly better I can see that being an issue.

My biggest concern is still the Rep system rewards. Though, I don't think there's a reasonable way to deal w/this atm.
Captain
# 32
01-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Are you guys really trying to take shoots at the rules ? lol your guys are starting to become a bit of a joke.

Vet boffs ? seriously who cares. If someone honestly rounded themselves up 5 and choose to use them and sacrifice the allowed bonus from the eff doffs completely... let them its there dumb build. If they kept 2-3 of the effs and have 2-3 of the E boffs it will make zero difference.

What a stupid rule to complain about. lol
Personally I'd take ~+25 to targeting, evasives, weaps etc. over a nigh negligible increase in subsystem power (and the market appears to agree with me: if Vet BOffs are so useless, why are they some of the most coveted and expensive items in the game?)

I also raised my eyebrow at the permission of the RMC, an item that isn't readily available to most players and which serves as a hard counter to a number of abilities.

In any case, it sounds overall like a good ruleset to me and I wish the OP the best of luck with the tournament.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 33
01-22-2013, 11:09 AM
I guess some can dish it, but not take it... Things never change do they?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ight=sabrefyre

Last edited by sabrefyre; 01-22-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34 Principle
01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
No, I do not see one of these things included as being overly powerful or some issue; however, as a matter of principle- items not easily available to all
Players need to be excluded. Preorder items and vet Boffs meet this; that whether they have a strong effect or not doesn't mean we just okay them.

"It's okay to include this or that in the game because it has a weak effect" is not the proper rationale based on what other stuff is allowed.

The exclusion of set gear from featured episodes is puzzling though the the rule is clear- all feature epi items banned. Easy. Got it. Carriers too- there weren't any carriers from the get-go, they probably need a ban.

No STF gear. Check. RMC and Vet Boffs are no longer attainable yet included? That's tantamount to handing victory to those that have it, all else equal.

Do you wish for the Classic PvP standard to be fair and balanced or simply RP Classic? Keep the inclusion/exclusion rationale and standards consistent. I think it's a great idea and a 95% start... Keep it up but put together a spec that absolutely zero players, F2P or paid are excluded from- hold inclusions and exclusions up to that standard.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Considering we're arguing over such trivial stuff I'd say we're doing pretty good so far.

.The Spanish Inquisition.
TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube)
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
Captain
# 36
01-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefyre View Post
I guess some can dish it, but not take it... Things never change do they?

? what do these have to do with this?

i thought the battle group atlantis pvp tourny fell apart because cryptic basically took the game and shook it all to hell screwing everything up.

how was cryptics lack of consideration on player held tournys related all to this?

the second tourny you listed didnt seem to have a "set of rules" posted and was i thought mostly a feeler to get the ideas for the rules.

again... how are these related to the classic tourny theyre proposing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?

Last edited by maicake716; 01-22-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 37
01-22-2013, 01:12 PM
i find it hilarious that even this tournament isnt safe from this pathetic complaining. nothing says classic like preorder items, get over it. caring about what kind of boffs someone has, well its to late there, the ship has sailed. those rommy boffs are so overpowered its hilarious, and they stack. the vet boff is small time by comparison.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 38
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Personally I'd take ~+25 to targeting, evasives, weaps etc. over a nigh negligible increase in subsystem power (and the market appears to agree with me: if Vet BOffs are so useless, why are they some of the most coveted and expensive items in the game?)

I also raised my eyebrow at the permission of the RMC, an item that isn't readily available to most players and which serves as a hard counter to a number of abilities.

In any case, it sounds overall like a good ruleset to me and I wish the OP the best of luck with the tournament.
I wouldn't let the market choose your gear for you. Yes I will go on record as saying vet doffs are next to useless. If you follow the market you would be paying 70 mil for accx3 junk weapons. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean its better. (thought every parent taught that to there kids early)

I see your point with the RMC.... however I think you also want to remember this is "Classic" PvP, they are going for. Not "Cheap Skate" pvp. I think there is a difference between some of the early game perks, and the insane spend till you kill everything we have now... they won't die ?... you died did you ? .... Spend more money Cryptic will fix it fo ya.

I kid a bit with ya just making a point... as far as classic goes the preoder stuff does fit the bill... I never bothered to get any of it including the rmc... and wouldn't be sad to see it all removed from the rules to. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
where MkXII weapons and consoles availible in season 2?

~The Eleventh Order~
11thOrder Youtube
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Mk XII didn't exist. Neither did carriers. Neither did Vet BOFFs....

I said keep the rationale for inclusion and exclusion consistent. It's clearly NOT Classic PVP yet as long as Vet Boffs and Carriers and Mk XII are in the spec.

Duh.

Who is chiming in that wasn't even here on Day One? Identify yourselves so that I can know who's talking through their rusty sheriff's badges...

Last edited by commandodan2001; 01-22-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: powah