Career Officer
# 111
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Details about the new Dominion Lock Box are revealed in entry #30 of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
You know what, this actually looks pretty neat. I already own a Galor (after many attempts might I add) and I got the Breen ship at Christmas. If I can score a Jem Hadar ship too then I'll have the full set.

I must say though, I was expecting to see the Warship (DS9's version) as the Lobi Ship and am surprised it isn't included in this little package. I can't help also thinking that the Dreadnought is going to be a tad overpowered. On the show it took fleets to take one of these things down. I don't envy anyone flying a Defiant Class right now.

I also hope (unlike the Chel Grett) that these Dominion ships come with their own, unique bridge sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Because it's EFFIN' HUGE that's why!
That particular ship (I'd name it a Warship, though it's been given several titles) is actually about the same size as the Galaxy, at least in length.
Captain
# 112
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
oh god the humanity, 1 lock box 3 carriers. the mirror kdf carrier is 1 thing, but really? both dominion ships needed hangers? STUPID. no justification for it, and a huge amount of additional spam to deal with

and the phsed polaron, WTF? that already exists, and its polaron with a tetryon proc. dont they get it? phaser and polaron is the end game as far as weapons go, a combination of those 2 is the best, there is no other weapon type combo beter. what, are they going to retroactively modify the phased polaron from the featured episodes so they are polaron/phaser too? i just hope thats a typeO

the jem set getting upgraded, that shield has the potential to out do maco. so that will be interesting to see. less plasma weapon immunity at least
would be a lot for such a thing though

1 last thing, these JHAS hanger pets, they CANT have SNB. i should not have to explain why.
It's going to be awesome - can't wait to go in with a full pre-made with 1 billion fighters going out all with every kind of weapon and sci skill - it will be just like a team of 30+ people against 5 if they don't come prepared.
Captain
# 113
01-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
You mean the same console that can only be used on the Defiant-R and Galaxy-X?
No, I mean the same console that takes your shield multiplier and reduces it to .7 on every ship you use the console on
Quote:
Are you telling me with a strait face the bio-warhead is restricted to just one KDF ship?
it only comes on one ship, and once I spend 1500 ZEN to buy it I can use it on any ship, just like this lockbox version the Feds get @ 125 ZEN a chance to win. I will be SHOCKED if you spend more than 3 keys to get it.
Quote:
You know what? if you people did not just exaggerate and lied all the time perhaps the "fed carebears" you oh so hate might actually agree with the fact the KDF have problems but its not you people event want that, you just want to be invincible in PvP and steamroll the "feds".
Umm what ?
Try a different language converter, or lay off the sauce.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?

Last edited by lordmalak1; 01-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 114
01-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Those previous Phased-Polarons were renamed Dominion Polarons.
how.... what... the **** are they thinking!?! how can there be phased polaron, and dominion polaron? how can those 2 things exist at the same time? its describing the same thing!

what do the dominion supposedly use? phased polaron, thats canon. oh but hey, there also exists dominion polaron weapons so its that they must use! .... i literally have a headache now.

when you renamed them, you could have called them anything. you could have called them lazer blasters, and it would have made more sense then calling them dominian polaron. the stupidity of both of these things existing at the same time, and being different, is blinding.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 115
01-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Umm what ?
The only Cloaking device that exists as a console can only be equipped on Defiant-R and on the Galaxy-X, it cannot be used in another other ship.

The Bio-neural warhead on the other hand can be used in every single KDF ship, I seen plenty B'rels using it.

So how exactly would a cloak ever get as a console in a Lockbox?

Yes, we have plently of players that want a universal cloak and we also have plently of Fed players that automatic reject it, I happen to be one of them.

Quote:
Try a different language converter, or lay off the sauce.
Honestly, if you understand it now then I think you better take some English classes.
Captain
# 116
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Quote:
what do the dominion supposedly use? phased polaron, thats canon. oh but hey, there also exists dominion polaron weapons so its that they must use! .... i literally have a headache now.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Phased_polaron_beam

Phased Polaron was just renamed Dominion Polaron.

We also have Polaron Disruptor

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Polaron_disruptor

And Polaron by its lonesome itself

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Polaron

Sorry but Cryptic cannot be blamed for this ...
Republic Veteran
# 117
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
how.... what... the **** are they thinking!?! how can there be phased polaron, and dominion polaron? how can those 2 things exist at the same time? its describing the same thing!

when you renamed them, you could have called them anything. you could have called them lazer blasters, and it would have made more sense then calling them dominian polaron. the stupidity of both of these things existing at the same time, and being different, is blinding.
Dominion Polaron is Phased polaron the only thing that changed was the text.

“confession is good for the soul”

Empire Veteran
# 118
01-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah needing the attack ship which has no pets and nothing to do with this lockbox sale and then needing one from it just to get the pets which are probally going to be some astronomical price... I think with a majority of the players I will not opt to take any participation in this. I have one attack ship on a lethean tact but I'm not going to go grind to get a ship I don't even want to use on some toons just to be able to get pets on a ship that I want to use its just a boat load of crap.
Captain
# 119
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Another step toward widening the gap between players who spend little on the game versus the handful of players that spend hundreds of dollars opening lockboxes, while at the same time continuing the campaign to remove any reason to play as a KDF character since Feds can get the same stuff for a lot less.

*sigh*

Between the player-antagonistic business decisions, the total lack of new dynamic gameplay to take all these increasingly expensive ships into, and the willful ignoring of long-standing flaws in design and balance...
Rihannsu
# 120
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Hey all.

I have to say that I'm looking forward to the new Dominion ships. I have a really important question for the devs and I'm hoping one can answer.

With the Cardassian Galor I can understand that you need a Galor on that particular toon to buy a Spiral Wave disruptor with dilithium. In the same vein, are we going to have to have a Jem'Hadar attack ship on the same toon as the new Dominion carrier in order to be able to use the Jem'Hadar attack wing and the new ship skin?

I think needing the Jem'Hadar attack ship and the Jem'Hadar Carrier on the same toon to unlock these awesome features is not really fair. My toon with the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship has had its skills tuned to match the Attack Ship's capabilities and won't translate well to a carrier. I'm also sure that I'm not the only person to do this. Forcing us to have the carrier and Attack Ship on one toon will therefore ultimately result in us not being able to properly enjoy both ships.

As I'm sure it's not PWE's intention for players to be put in a situation where we can't fully enjoy the content you create for us, can I ask that you please have the carrier detect whether you currently have a Jem'Hadar attack ship on the same account as opposed to the same toon? That way we can ensure that the captain of this awesome new ship can be skilled to make best use of its capabilities and we can maximise our enjoyment of our new content.

STO community, is this a fair request and do you support it? Please keep it constructive!!

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Heh, RESPEC tokens are cheap- STOCK UP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
You're suggesting we respec each time we change ship? I hardly see this as a constructive comment.
I wouldn't put it past Cryptic. We've seen them do similar things in the past, buttering your bread, giving the initial impression of great value, then comes the sting.

At present, there's little reason for people to buy respec tokens, players either receive them at rank up, or test changes on tribble.

Introducing ships that require fundamentally different skill builds to maximise their their performance could be a way for them to both limit the JHAS from becoming even more powerful and push sales of an under-performing C-Store item, an item which cannot be traded or bought for EC on the exchange.

Cryptic have stated in the past that they don't receive direct instruction from PWE on how to run STO, that doesn't mean they aren't looking over the fence and picking up bad habits.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )