Captain
# 71
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by branmakmorrn View Post
Now, I'm not making any excuses for the team here, I'm just trying to look at the situation realistically. Just as much as KDF players are in a bind without those levels, the dev team must be in a bind trying to get them ready and bug-free while putting out dual-faction content and new Fed shinies to keep revenue coming in.
There's one thing that would put the eternal cycle of broken promises to rest: lay out the complete and total framework of their plan to "complete" the KDF. Put everything on the table, every projected piece of content, every subsystem being considered, and be open and honest about time to completion, unexpected hiccups, licensing problems etc. Call it the "Road to Qo'nos" or some other suitably tacky project title.

It's my view that the vast majority of folks who are invested enough in the KDF are reasonable people who, if they are treated as competent adults, and shown a modicum of respect and honesty (as opposed to round after round of marketing speak and broken promises) would probably be more than willing to bear with Cryptic if they're shown an ongoing dialogue and flow of information.

Of course we all know that's never going to happen...
Empire Veteran
# 72
01-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
Except that the tweets coming out from some of the devs seem to indicate otherwise, including one that said 'a great injustice will be fixed' or something along those lines.
It could very well be Feds getting a flight dec cruiser, standard battle cloack on every ships, plasmonic leech, 12 console ships while the KDF will be restricted to 8, or just J'mpok wearing the same underwear since the launch. It could be anything and it doesn't mean it will favour the developement of the KDF.
Career Officer
# 73
01-21-2013, 09:51 PM
I hate to be a pessimist but I'll believe it when I see it. The KDF players have had so many broken promises by the powers that be that it is hard to believe anything they tell us.
Career Officer
# 74
01-21-2013, 10:27 PM
They could do incremental steps 'back' from the present Level 21...

Say They stick in enough stuff to go from 21 down to 15 as the new starting point.

And then a few months later add enough stuff to drop the starting point down to the beginning.

It doesn't have to all hit at the same time, at least with this notion there's a obvious focus that the Klingon players can be hopeful about.

Also, by doing it in increments, They could get a better handle on just how much effort They need to do based on how much the new stuff is played.

One would hope that if it does happen this way, the current Klingon players go out and beg and cajole to get everybody they can, to create a Klingon toon so as to up the numbers.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lieutenant
# 75
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
They could do incremental steps 'back' from the present Level 21....
Y'know, the more I think about it, yeah, they could.
Speaking of new players (new to the KDF), that's who I was thinking about playing the lower level stuff when I said it'd be better if they released it all as one patch. Which, makes sense.

But realistically, a majority of the KDF players are max-level, so, it's really a moot point. More content would be more content, y'know.

But with story archs, there'd still be the question of continuity. If there were 4 story archs for every 5 levels (1-5, 6-11, 12-17, 18-22, let's say) to release them out of order or backwards they'd have to not overlap each other in plot lines. Each section of storyline would sort of have to be self-contained.

Any other new stuff? I saw a Dominion lock box, that's it. Any tweet leeks or anything recently?
Career Officer
# 76
01-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Any other new stuff? I saw a Dominion lock box, that's it. Any tweet leeks or anything recently?
Er, the closest thing I can see is a general tweet from Al Geko:

Quote:
https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/stat...98944700510209
Fixed a bug on a lot of fleet ships. You'll see the shield hp go up for a lot of fleet ships. Not sure when this will go live.
As for levels 1-21, I can sort of see an adventure zone that a KDF player will have to progress through starting from level 1. Kind of like, "a rite of passage" adventure zone that earns the KDF player the starting BOP they get at level 21.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Empire Veteran
# 77
01-22-2013, 07:35 PM
mirror universe vo'qov carrier in the new lockbox.. a more tacticakl version. and apparently the LH dreadnaught will be a hybrid carrier with 2 bays..looks like it'll likely be the best carrier in the game. if you got a bug ship allreeady you'll get to launch those much like bop pets.

*sigh* well, on the bright side PvP is pretty much a "meh" as most of em will appear with fed side players.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Captain
# 78
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
They could do incremental steps 'back' from the present Level 21...

Say They stick in enough stuff to go from 21 down to 15 as the new starting point.

And then a few months later add enough stuff to drop the starting point down to the beginning.

It doesn't have to all hit at the same time, at least with this notion there's a obvious focus that the Klingon players can be hopeful about.

Also, by doing it in increments, They could get a better handle on just how much effort They need to do based on how much the new stuff is played.

One would hope that if it does happen this way, the current Klingon players go out and beg and cajole to get everybody they can, to create a Klingon toon so as to up the numbers.
Honestly, I think this is what is realistic in terms of what you can expect. As i said before, to be equal to the federation, to where the KDF say "ok, you have fulfilled all your promises, we are happy now" is going to take 30+ Missions. (I Forget exactly how many unique missions the feds have but it is somewhere around 42-47)

That is a ridiculous amount of ground for Cryptic to cover, especially for season 8. Again, as I said before, if they want to do it, GO for it. But I am not going to hold it against them.

Incrimental advancement would narrow that number down to about 5-10 a season. Honestly, if you want an overall storyline, this would be more then adequate without ruining too much. If I recall correctly, minus the FEs (which are not unique and so don't count anyways), the feds don't have more then one or two episodes that tie directly into each other, so you are pretty safe there. Even if you start from the begining storyline and build from there, for instance we will call it "Episode One" starts the 15-20 content, but instead of the storyline going backwards, "Episode One" will remain episode One, and 10 -15 has "Episode Eleven" to "Episode 20". This off course all assumes non of the current stuff is mix in with the new stuff. Which is also totally do able.
Career Officer
# 79
01-23-2013, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Maybe the 'ability to start a KDF character from 0' was pulled from S8 because it wasn't ready yet. Maybe it was just postponed. Granted, some pics or hints at the storyline would be cool but some people don't like spoilers.
It was postponed since Season 4 ... maybe there is just nobody working on it ..
Empire Veteran
# 80
01-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Given how we KDF have reacted in the past to being let down from exciting news, I can understand why the Devs would play thier cards close to thier chests.

The most important thing we KDF fans can do is continue to let them know WE want a complete faction and prepare for the event if it comes way slower than we would like it to arrive without crucifying them for being late.

I wish to see a complete KDF level of gameplay so future and existing fans can start from level one, enjoy a story that brings us to LG in a manner that inserts us firmly in the backstory of STO so anyone playing KDF knows why we act the way we do, may learn something they did not klnow about the races in the KDF and without hesitation enjoy the KDF experience.